Shuttlecock XXX: Now With More Labor Inducing Sex Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Auto-tune? :wink:

I think non-singers can be trained at technique to improve your sound, but you can't really train someone to develop an ear for pitch and junk. As far as I know, anyway. I'm sure there are people who would argue otherwise.

I'm snowed in again. When I was driving home from work an hour ago, the guy behind me blew his horn because I was apparently going too slow for him. The road was treacherous and everyone was going like 5 mph and leaving lots of room between drivers - you know, like how normal people drive in snow - except this asshole who was on my tail. Moments later I saw him swerving all over the road and he almost hit a few people before regaining control of the car. I snickered and muttered "serves you right, you asshole." Was that wrong?
oh no, not at all. i recall this one time ~10 years ago here where something similar happened. we rarely get snow here, maybe 1/2" combined all year. ice is the in thing here. anyway, the roads were completely iced over which is always fun driving in. at the end of my street is a stop sign everyone loves to run because damnit i'm avoiding the main roads so i want to keep going 50! i could tell this guy was going to go first no matter what, and i watched him slowly do a 360 across the intersection. it was hilarious. he didn't hit anyone or anything, but i chuckled as a very very slowly left the intersection and drove past him.

I can't believe Girls Aloud aren't popular in the US.
they're going to be on gordon ramsay's f word this thursday morning at 9 am est. (according to directv, bbc america only airs this show in the morning, oddly enough.) my dumb ass stays up (yeah, you read that right) late enough to catch it. i need help.

Good stuff. Do you fancy yourself a baker now?

no, Memphis is the baker. he makes big, beautiful cakes. i've just tried out some very elementary bread recipes and they've been successful.

when it comes to cooking, we're about even. and we're competitive about it, which actually benefits everyone since we find ourselves making more challenging meals.

what i hope to gain from the bread making is that i'll be more encouraged to bring a big, filling sandwich to work rather than going to Whole Foods and spending, like, $15 on crap that i convince myself is healthy.

here's a great bread recipe that is foolproof. i made it last Friday when we had another couple over for dinner:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html

It's 32 today. Pretty warm, especially with the wind only being about 10 MPH.

Honestly, that's not even sarcasm. Southern California's just weaksauce.

oh no, not at all. i recall this one time ~10 years ago here where something similar happened. we rarely get snow here, maybe 1/2" combined all year. ice is the in thing here. anyway, the roads were completely iced over which is always fun driving in. at the end of my street is a stop sign everyone loves to run because damnit i'm avoiding the main roads so i want to keep going 50! i could tell this guy was going to go first no matter what, and i watched him slowly do a 360 across the intersection. it was hilarious. he didn't hit anyone or anything, but i chuckled as a very very slowly left the intersection and drove past him.

I have been known to very very slowly and consciously drive right on through a 4-way stop sign in the snow/ice when I have a perfect view that nothing else is coming because sometimes stop and go makes me spin and stick. :reject:

Yesterday was our worst of this year's storms so far. I have gotten very good at driving in hazardous conditions. I think I mastered the art of it driving home from Denver a couple of Thanksgivings ago in the worst storm I've ever been in. It took 11 hours of white-knuckle concentration. Normally takes 5-6 carefree hours.

People, is the weather all we have to talk about anymore? :sad:

I signed up for Twitter to get a feel for it, see how it worked and all that kind of stuff (we might be exploring Twitter options for work - joy).

I have to say, I'm pretty underwhelmed. I'm only following a few blogs and Roger Ebert (who gets a pass for his nonstop Twittering, since the poor guy can't talk), and I just can't be bothered.

I have been known to very very slowly and consciously drive right on through a 4-way stop sign in the snow/ice when I have a perfect view that nothing else is coming because sometimes stop and go makes me spin and stick. :reject:

Yesterday was our worst of this year's storms so far. I have gotten very good at driving in hazardous conditions. I think I mastered the art of it driving home from Denver a couple of Thanksgivings ago in the worst storm I've ever been in. It took 11 hours of white-knuckle concentration. Normally takes 5-6 carefree hours.

People, is the weather all we have to talk about anymore? :sad:
oh, i don't think that's bad at all. as long as no one is coming, what more can you do? if i ever got pulled over for doing it (i do the same thing), i'd say just that to them. it'd be much safer for anyone that might be nearby if i slowly coasted through an empty intersection than to brake and possibly spin out.

and yes, i think it is. :(

Yes, I know. I've been keeping my eyes peeled at my local consignment shop, as they often have really nice things. There's this great oversized armchair on display in their window, but alas, it's been sold.

The worst part? I live only 10 blocks away from this place and have no way of getting furniture without wheels to my apartment. I'd have to rent a truck (and possibly hire a burly friend) to get used furniture.

I've had the same couch since 1996. And I love it, but I want a chair. I'm tired of having only the couch as a sitting option. If I want to have friends over, it's the couch and a computer chair.

I'm 36 and I want decent furniture. (Well okay, just at least one piece, since I only have a one-bedroom apartment. No room for a lot of real furniture.) But jesus, it's so expensive. Why is an armchair anyhwere between $250 (thanks, Ikea!) and $1,000? Crimony, it's a fucking chair!

I was looking online and JC Penney's has a rocking sale going on. If I want a new chair, it has to come with a delivery option.

/unnecessarily long explanation-slash-whine about my furniture, and being single and truckless

i wish i could have found a worse ad on craigslist, that would have made my point better.

and i totally hear you on wanting nice furniture. the day i have decent income and an empty room is going to be a furniture stores lucky day.

:lol: I was going to make some snide remark about not wanting someone's butt imprinted furniture covered with cat pee, but I know you can find decent stuff, too.

I so love my couch - when I first got it in '96 I was horrified by how expensive couches were, but found this one for about $500, which seemed like a STEAL. It's a little beat-up, but that doesn't bother me.

Unfortunately, the couch BARELY made it into my apartment. The arms are kind of overstuffed, which makes it a lot taller than it seems. My then-boyfriend and I got the thing into my stairwell, where it got stuck. After some quiet panic from me, and some heavy glaring at the couch from him, he pretty much wrestled the thing into submission ... taking out a good chunk or three from the ceiling on the way.

That thing ain't getting back out of my apartment. I'm going to have to probably rip the covering off and break it apart to get it back out.

I might just check out Ikea's chairs - they're on the cheaper end, and they deliver. It's a bit of a trek to drive down there, but I need to check out which one I might like, or decide they all suck.

JC Penny's has a sale going on as well - not sure how many they have available in-store to try out, but I saw lots of possible options.

/ramble ramble ramble

I think if I were gay for chairs, I wouldn't be looking at cheap Ikea armchairs as an option. :)

Back
Top Bottom