Shuttlecock V: Sleep Like Leo Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, the description of the opening of the show sounds pretty damned cool, if they actually go with it.

But I wonder which song is supposed to be played during it...

I'm really digging the staged thematics.

Was I reading too quickly (my internet life has made me skim way too often), or did they say that it would be
Cedarwood Road
?

Was I reading too quickly (my internet life has made me skim way too often), or did they say that it would be
Cedarwood Road
?

Well, they said the
lightbulb setup resembled Bono's own room on Cedarwood Road. So that would certainly be a possibility. But it doesn't seem like an opener to me, personally.

Surely we can do away with the spoiler tags.

Would be so U2 of 2014/15 to have an intermission longer than an encore break and completely destroy the atmosphere. But, a lot of this stuff sounds promising. I will be following setlists very keenly awaiting an Australian announcement.

Well, they said the
lightbulb setup resembled Bono's own room on Cedarwood Road. So that would certainly be a possibility. But it doesn't seem like an opener to me, personally.

Outkast performed in a huge cube and around a table and chairs with heaps of great lighting referencing their youth when they did Aquemini and Da Art of Storytellin pt 1. That was really cool.

Yeah, if I'm the only one requesting the spoiler tags, feel free to do away with them. I'm starting to feel like I don't care now.

Thanks for doing it up until now, though. :)

I swear I didn't start clicking on them until today, so I did pretty well.

I don't think they said specifically but my money is on either Invisible or Miracle.

I think Invisible is certainly likely to get played, but I have a hard time believing a song left off the album proper (for whatever reason) is going to open the show.

The Miracle wouldn't be my first choice, but I guess it works energy-wise.

Intermissions are a good thing, especially if they lead to no opener - instead of having a period in the middle of a set where things drag and the audience loses attention, they can (hopefully) make the sets really focused and energetic because they're only playing 70 minutes at a time, or whatever.

I think Invisible is certainly likely to get played, but I have a hard time believing a song left off the album proper (for whatever reason) is going to open the show.

The Miracle wouldn't be my first choice, but I guess it works energy-wise.
In an interview Bono was asked to speculate about openers and closers and he mentioned The Miracle as an opener and Invisible as a closer.

Alright, here's a long list of rehearsed songs I found elsewhere. No real surprises:

Every Breaking Wave (Full band and Acoustically with Strings)
Ordinary Love
Beautiful Day
With Or Without You (Rumoured String Section)
City Of Blinding Lights
Pride
Magnificent
Bad
Real Thing (ZOO TV Version)
Mysterious Ways
Raised By Wolves
Until The End Of The World
Where The Streets Have No Name
Invisible
Elevation
The Miracle
Vertigo
Desire (Electric Version)
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Electric Co.

I really, really hope we don't fucking get EBW x 2

I don't believe they'll do Every Breaking Wave twice because I don't think Bono's voice can handle doing it twice. He really struggled with it on the promo tour.

ETA: Also,

Is it the album version or the ZooTV version of Real Thing? I assume it's the album version. The ZooTV version was like two full steps up in key because Bono wanted to do his falsetto for the "Take me higher" part. The album version would be back in normal key so he could hit the notes full voice like he did last tour with the remix.

The songs that were being discussed earlier ... I don't see those on this list, so this must not be complete, eh?

I couldn't imagine a less exciting start to a show than The Miracle, that song is just so fucking ham-fisted. I really don't like it.

Although Stingray>Beautiful Day was pretty damn bad.

I can't imagine The Miracle won't be 10x better live. That's how it usually goes with so many U2 songs I was 'meh' about on the album.

Lookit me, all positive about everything now! :wink:

I'm still very meh re Songs of Innocence. I'll probably become positive once we actually get a tour :wink:

I mean Get on Your Boots was a lot better live.

I expect California to go from a decent throwaway pop song to a real high point of the tour. That chorus is undeniable. And who knows, maybe they'll cut the intro.

And who knows, maybe they'll cut the intro.

Don't get your hopes up.

It's also good to hear they're rehearsing
Bad
already. Like, I know it's considered a very special rare treat, but it's kind of dumb they don't play what's arguably their greatest live song (or right under Streets) more often.

Oh, in the place where I found that list, someone mentioned that
every SOI song aside from The Troubles
had been rehearsed.

And considering they have a separate recording space at the coliseum while they're rehearsing, I'd be very surprised if we don't get at least a couple unreleased songs. I wonder if they will be recording sound checks as well; maybe SOE will turn out to have a little New Adventures In Hi-Fi vibe... :drool:

The Bono under a single light bulb thing sounds very much like how an edition of Cirque Du Soleil started, can't recall which one.

The Troubles has been rehearsed. Lykke Li's vocals were piped in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom