Shuttlecock! Part XVIII - Like the top of an airborne birdie's head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoo TV, still have it on VHS.

I still love how RTSS morphs into Streets.

and Bono at the beginning, playing Kung Foo and smoking and in general being a very clever Fly.

:up:

like, from Lovetown to that, what a fu************ transformation.

so glad they done it.

A small slice of amusement for you all:

Fuck Yeah, Bono!

I enjoyed that, especially:

306696021_12b8076431.jpg

DUBLIN—In what many record- industry insiders are calling a return to the band’s mid-’80s prime, members of U2 announced Monday plans to stare in different directions. Guitarist The Edge said he will stand slightly behind lead singer Bono and stare off to his right, as if gazing purposefully into an uncertain, yet hopeful, future. Bassist Adam Clayton will stare downward, burdened by the weight of injustices all over the world. Drummer Larry Mullen Jr. will look up*, as if searching for guidance from a higher power. Lead singer Bono has still not committed to a specific position, saying, “That is a decision I can only make in the actual moment of artistic creation. But it’ll be a different direction than the other three, you can count on that, brother!” The multi-directional staring is expected to take place atop a jagged, rocky peak.

I love that they took those from other sources - the one above was from a McSweeney's piece, and the one with the "staring" was from The Onion.

Well done, whoever made that site!

Shuttlecock! Part XIX: Some Of Us Are Still Here

... that's not the right roman numeral, is it? Is that 19?

Shuttlecock! XIX: The Splinter Faction
Shuttlecock! XIX: We've Gone Rogue
Shuttlecock! XIX: Chumbawumba Tubthumping 'Cocks

Hey guys.

Hey.

I am sick of working for the day and want to go home.

Actually, I'm sick of working for the week.

Hey.

Hay is for horses, yo.

But yes, I'd like to be done now, too. But I was home sick on Monday, so I'm only having a four day work week and really shouldn't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom