Shuttlecock! Part XVIII - Like the top of an airborne birdie's head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so the video is up on U2.com now, two things:

1. The quality is WAY better on U2.com, it's almost like watching a different video.
2. Because of this my opinion is higher now, some of the wide shots with the city covered in sheets are pretty impressive looking.

I would say it's gone from a 5 to 6 or a 7...

I haven't watched the video yet. :reject:

But I did find out that my Chicago2 ticket was returned to TM. There is something seriously wrong on my mail route. I've lost more mail in the year I've lived here than I've ever lost in my entire life. I should file a complaint, you say? lol, like, who here hasn't, and wtf good does it do? :grumpy:

But I did find out that my Chicago2 ticket was returned to TM. There is something seriously wrong on my mail route. I've lost more mail in the year I've lived here than I've ever lost in my entire life. I should file a complaint, you say? lol, like, who here hasn't, and wtf good does it do? :grumpy:

That blows. But at least they knew where it went!

At my job, talking to employees about a variety of things, I've heard many comments about how the post office won't deliver to their address, or can't seem to get stuff right.

And then there are the employees who list their street address as their home address, and then later we'll find out "oh, I don't get mail there, I have a PO Box."

Gee, genius, don't you think your employer should have that address, because we mail you all kinds of important stuff all the time?

Normally I list my work address as my shipping address for important things but I got all stressed out buying the tickets and somehow missed the option for a different delivery address.

One day I stalked my carrier. I saw he was up the street and I just sat in my car in the driveway for about 20 minutes until he got there. Before launching into a list of complaints, I asked if he was the regular carrier. He laughed and said, "sorry, you don't really have a regular carrier on this route because he's on medical leave, so you basically have a different carrier everyday." Well, that explained it. It doesn't help that my street is new and isn't even on any maps yet. And it also doesn't help that in the winter the carrier doesn't get there until after dark and there's just a row of mailboxes on an unlit road so I think they just open all the boxes and put stuff in whichever one they feel like since they can't actually see the names and numbers on the boxes. Then there's also some kind of mail feud between two neighbors because one of them always gets the other's mail because of a post office computer error so they just throw that person's mail on the ground, and I'm always looking through the mail on the ground thinking it might be something for me like, say, U2 tickets. :scream:

/mailrant

do the streets have no names? :bonodrum:

I love the bonodrum.

The street may as well have no name because it's in Spanish and seems to be difficult or unusual even for the Spanish speaking, so in addition to not getting mail I also get to enjoy spelling and re-spelling the street name on the phone. It is also long so it usually doesn't fit into the space allotted when ordering stuff online. It's really just one big happy party all around concerning my address. :yes:

Ya, that works.

I just watched Magnificock: The Video. I like it. It's starting to look like this song will have serious staying power for me. I still love it and have played it more than any other song on NNOTH.

don't get me wrong, it is in no way a bad video - I just don't think the visuals capture the .. euphoria? If that is the right word, that the song conveys... IMO......

This is true. When I said I liked it, I think I meant "it doesn't embarrass me."

I'm too afraid to venture there, so what are people saying about the video over in The Other Place?

I'm ONLY speculating, but I'd say some love it and think it's the best thing of all time, some people think it sucks and that the people who love it are sheep, the "sheep" are accusing the people who don't love it as hating the band and to take their unwelcome opinions elsewhere and the rest of us are laughing at the insanity.

When I said I liked it, I think I meant "it doesn't embarrass me."

I was slightly embarrassed for Boner in the Boots video, in that brief moment where he appears shirtless ... but with his sunglasses.

I don't think he's ever looked more ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom