September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm sorry Shawn Bonneau, but I'm not going to buy your extra ticket. I talked to the friend I'm going with to what is now Wednesday's show and we'd rather just try to trade our GAs for Thursday GAs. But someone else posted on this thread about being interested in an extra Thursday ticket, so maybe they can join in that deal instead of me!

Well, lafeyettes tickets over priced for the section they are in, so I am probably keeping the 319 ticket anyways. So, no harm done

SMB

I think you guys are actually blaming the wrong party here. The Jets did switch their schedule but logic makes me believe they couldn't have had the stage down in time anyway, even if the game was still at 4:15pm. If it takes up to 2 days and the concert is over by 11pm-midnight on Friday night, they would need to get it down in a little over 1 day to be ready for the Jets game Sunday morning for practice/warm ups and game.

The other question I have is: Why is it such an issue to accomodate Jewish fans. I am jewish, but don't they play NBA, NFL, College Football, Soccer, NHL games on Christmas Eve & Day, Easter Sunday, and I'm pretty sure there are more people affected on those days than the small minority of Jewish fans who CHOOSE to attend a football game.

:doh::doh::doh::doh:Well now I am in trouble, I am flying from Australia and I am arriving the 23rd at 5:30pm at JFK and my tickets are at will call....
Anyone knows at what time they will open doors? :doh:

:doh::doh::doh::doh:Well now I am in trouble, I am flying from Australia and I am arriving the 23rd at 5:30pm at JFK and my tickets are at will call....

Jeez, that's really not good. This is the sort of situation that they really need to help sort out. Contact Ticketmaster and see if you can arrange something else like a taxi (with your ticket) to your hotel and then straight to the gig from the airport.

Although I daresay you'll get a standard "we're terribly sorry, would you like a refund?" line.

"No, I want to see the concert I paid you for and which you have now changed the date for."

I'll hopefully be in New York on that day so if there's anything I can do to help let me know.

Can you call up Ticketmaster to ask if they can issue you a Ticketfast through email? Even if they don't generally issue Ticketfast for international orders, tell them it's a special situation. That way you don't have to worry about picking up tickets at will call, only you have to remember to bring a printout of the ticket with you.

Being from the NY/NJ area, I am sorry to say that it was not the Jets or the NFL's fault. This game time got switched months ago to the earlier time, I believe in May when the schedules came out. NY is one of the most highly populated Jewish areas in the country and that is why game time switch was made, plus most people for the Jets are season ticket holders, so it isnt so much that they just bought tickest for that game.
And for the people saying that the turf will get messed up from the claw, unfortunately that is unlikely to happen either since the field is not grass, but field turf which is a synthetic turf that cant be torn up very easily or even at all.
So I hate to say it, but this one has to be hung on U2's head. I'm sure they thought that they would be able to scale down the timing to be able to get it done, but then realized that it wouldnt be able to happen.
I will be there on the 24th and am also dissapointed because I thought I would be at NY1 and now I'm new NY2. But, what can ya do.

***Are there any plans for a tailgate at NY2***

According to USA today, the NFL made the decision the day after they got the letter.

NFL changes time of Jets game on Yom Kippur - USATODAY.com

Not sure why the decision to change the show was made 4 months later.

I think Ticketmaster may play a part too. If an event gets rescheduled, I'm sure it's a major headache for them and their system. To even research whether it's feasible to reschedule instead of cancel probably took a month. Then finalizing the plans on what to do for people who requested refunds, new tickets, brokers, etc, etc probably took another 2 months.

Being from the NY/NJ area, I am sorry to say that it was not the Jets or the NFL's fault. This game time got switched months ago to the earlier time, I believe in May when the schedules came out. NY is one of the most highly populated Jewish areas in the country and that is why game time switch was made, plus most people for the Jets are season ticket holders, so it isnt so much that they just bought tickest for that game.
And for the people saying that the turf will get messed up from the claw, unfortunately that is unlikely to happen either since the field is not grass, but field turf which is a synthetic turf that cant be torn up very easily or even at all.
So I hate to say it, but this one has to be hung on U2's head. I'm sure they thought that they would be able to scale down the timing to be able to get it done, but then realized that it wouldnt be able to happen.
I will be there on the 24th and am also dissapointed because I thought I would be at NY1 and now I'm new NY2. But, what can ya do.

***Are there any plans for a tailgate at NY2***

Come by the GA line..

U2 at Giants Stadium Sept 23rd and 24th | Facebook

I think Ticketmaster may play a part too. If an event gets rescheduled, I'm sure it's a major headache for them and their system. To even research whether it's feasible to reschedule instead of cancel probably took a month. Then finalizing the plans on what to do for people who requested refunds, new tickets, brokers, etc, etc probably took another 2 months.

TM's system handles cancellations and postponements all the time. E.g. Aerosmith canceled their tour due to Steve Tyler's injury and refunds were issued just this month.

That really isn't good... Forget about public transport - you are definitely going to have to spring for a car service to have any hope of making it in time for U2 (forget about seeing Muse). IF you are on time, then you won't be out of the airport until 6:30 (if all goes smooth!) and then it's an hour (IF - and that is a big IF - there is no traffic!) from there to the stadium. But I imagine that you will have to drop off luggage, which will take a little time and add to the driving time too, so... The car service/taxi(s) are going cost you bet. US$100-150 when all is said and done... I'd see if you can move the flight up, hopefully there won't be a fare diff, and it may be worth the change fee to do it.

That really isn't good... Forget about public transport - you are definitely going to have to spring for a car service to have any hope of making it in time for U2 (forget about seeing Muse). IF you are on time, then you won't be out of the airport until 6:30 (if all goes smooth!) and then it's an hour (IF - and that is a big IF - there is no traffic!) from there to the stadium. But I imagine that you will have to drop off luggage, which will take a little time and add to the driving time too, so... The car service/taxi(s) are going cost you bet. US$100-150 when all is said and done... I'd see if you can move the flight up, hopefully there won't be a fare diff, and it may be worth the change fee to do it.

I know it is going to be hard anyway but I have decided to travel without luggage and since the International flight will be landing in LA first, NY will not be that hard for getting out of the airport (hope so) and yes I have to sort out how to get to the stadium the fastest way possible. Changing the flight is out of the question, all flights fully booked for the days before and I need to upgrade fare adding $1,300 just insane. I am now into be at least in the stadium on time for U2. What I know now is that I am going to be first row for the 24 even if I need to start lining up outside the stadium that night after the 1st concert.
It is unbelievable after so many months planning they just change the date, stupid, no matter the reason.

Jeez, that's really not good. This is the sort of situation that they really need to help sort out. Contact Ticketmaster and see if you can arrange something else like a taxi (with your ticket) to your hotel and then straight to the gig from the airport.

Although I daresay you'll get a standard "we're terribly sorry, would you like a refund?" line.

"No, I want to see the concert I paid you for and which you have now changed the date for."

I'll hopefully be in New York on that day so if there's anything I can do to help let me know.

Thanks for the support I asked about the doors just for requesting a spot in line but you all will be in by the time I will be there.
I just want to be there on time for U2 and hopefully be first row for the second night. This trip cost me a fortune already.
Hopefully the rumors are true about Australia closing the last leg of the tour by the end of next year.
THANKS!

I bet Bruce will be there anyways. I know he's a huge U2 fan and it is his bday

SMB

As a diehard Springsteen fan, I am almost positive he will not be there the 23rd. Bruce has never made a spectacle of performing on his b-day. He'll probably be home with his family the 23rd. 60's a big one.

However, the 24th, I bet we are almost guaranteed to see an appearance.

My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom