September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received an email for Giants stadium stating that the parking lots open at 4pm on the day of the concert.. this is a slight problem considering I have GA tickets......
what is everyone else doing?? Not familiar with the area so not sure where to park early to get in line for GA...:hmm:

Yeah, I'm a little confused about the parking situation, too. Since they are building the new stadium right now on top of where the parking lot used to be, apparently the temporary parking lot is far away from the stadium and you need to take a shuttle bus to get back and forth from the parking lot and the stadium, at least that's what a friend of mine told me. I haven't verified anywhere whether that's true...

They just constructed a new parking garage a few years ago I believe. I parked there for the Police concert two years ago

SMB

Hi NY!
Is it really not possible to camp outside the stadium? Any plans done or ideas for camping out? I am flying from Australia and have GA tkts for both nights and willing to camp outside... :wave::wave:

Hi NY!
Is it really not possible to camp outside the stadium? Any plans done or ideas for camping out? I am flying from Australia and have GA tkts for both nights and willing to camp outside... :wave::wave:

If you find out anything, be sure to keep me informed...I will try to find out what I can about the stadium.. are you on facebook??

i think this queing is unesesary,people qued for 24 hrs in dublin and i arrived at 6pm 2 nites and had a brilliant view,2 rows from the outer circle! Im a vetern from the start and the u2 crowd have changed, from the madnes of the early gigs to this tour theres no comparisson, dont lose a nites sleep you,ll get a decent spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sexywink:

If you find out anything, be sure to keep me informed...I will try to find out what I can about the stadium.. are you on facebook??

Hi, No I am not in facebook, just ordinary emails :), anyway if something arises lets keep us informed here.
Cheers!

i think this queing is unesesary,people qued for 24 hrs in dublin and i arrived at 6pm 2 nites and had a brilliant view,2 rows from the outer circle! Im a vetern from the start and the u2 crowd have changed, from the madnes of the early gigs to this tour theres no comparisson, dont lose a nites sleep you,ll get a decent spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sexywink:

Hi there! Thanks for the recommendation, I am a old wave 2 and well traveling half the world and considering my self quite short 2nd row is not really an option in GA for me is 1st row at least for the 1st night, second night could be back in the inner circle.
Cheers!

well i had 3 ladies standing behind me and were quite small so i asked the people in front of me to let them go in front of them and without hesitation no problem so i do think people generaly are ok,the 3 were delighted and everybody had a great time and view,again i think quing all nite is not on:wave:

You don't have to queue all night night to get a good spot. There was a girl who is very short standing behind me at Dublin 3 and I asked her if she could see and she said yeah. I was 2nd row right in front of Bono and I got there at 6am. The stage is very high.

THanks for the update.. much appreciated!:wave:

You don't have to queue all night night to get a good spot. There was a girl who is very short standing behind me at Dublin 3 and I asked her if she could see and she said yeah. I was 2nd row right in front of Bono and I got there at 6am. The stage is very high.

ive been thinking about that. is the stage so high up that standing in the front sucks??

I was 2nd row in front of Bono for Dublin 3 and all I could see of Larry was his face and the drumkit. I know he sits down, but he was kind of far back and when Edge went to play piano I couldn't see him at all. For Dublin 2, I was on Edge's side off to the side right up on the rail and I couldn't see Larry or Adam the whole time. I think the best spots to be is on the outside, back of the pit on the rail, or in the pit maybe 5 rows back

^okay sweet. im not super tall as you know but i thought maybe id have a bit of advantage since im not all that short either.

I was slightly off-center 1st row back rail in the pit at Dublin 3 and had no issue seeing any band members on stage (i'm about 5'8") plus had the added benefit of still being able to functionally see the screen. Obviously, the band was just a bit further away from me then they were for Laura, but when they walked around the catwalk, they were literally right there in front of us.

Was very crowded, however.

That is where I was for Dublin 1, but I was between Edge and Bono. I could see everything and I was right on the catwalk, but Bono only came over to that side once.

yup yup yup its been 4 years..I blasted my stuff in the Philly parking lot all 4 shows last year up in the front of the GA line. I had 2 DCM 250w speakers...the babies have been sleeping in the closet for 4 years. Its time to bust em out again & let 'em roar. Dunno if anyone remembered my drunkin ass last time but most people overall enjoyed the live U2 tunes. Hope ya'll dont get too mad cuz its gonna get a little loud. :wink:

New Train Line to Meadowlands

I traveled to tonights Jets preseason game at Giants Stadium. Previously I would have had to rent a car, take a bus, or borrow a car to get there from Manhattan. Tonight was different!

There is a new train that goes 1/6 of mile to the stadium. All you do is take ANY NJ Transit train from NY Penn Station to Secaucus. Then transfer for the Meadowlands shuttle (Track H tonight). It drops you about 1/6 of a mile from Gate B at Giants Stadium. Cost is $4.25 each way.

Cannot beat the convenience, the cost, the reliabilitiy, and most importantly the avoidance of ALL Tri-State Area Traffic!

It will only be running for Jets, Giants games, and major events at the venue. I assume 90,000+ people for U2 will be one of them. See you there!!!

And I do NOT work for MTA or NJ Transit! haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom