September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All, new to the forum, 'explain all these controls' :hmm:
My wife and I are coming to the Thursday night show, coming from Mpls.
I'd love for us to hook up with some like-minded U2farians- either in Manhattan and share a car ride over, or someplace by the stadium, albeit I've NO clue about where. Help!!
Anyone???

Being someone from Jersey, I can't be all that upset over The Boss closing Giant's Stadium.

That would be so cool. He came on stage on the Vertigo Tour in Philly and played People Get Ready with U2. I was floored that night. It was amazing. The only 2 times Bruce has played with U2 have been in Philly. Once in 87 and once in 2005

It's weird that the New York Jets and Giants play in New Jersey. Always wondered why this is. Their stadium should have been next to Yankee Stadium or the Mets Stadium.

There is so much controversy about that. I think, but I'm not 100% sure, the names of the teams were chosen by the original owners because of the popularity and close proximity to New York City.

I say the teams can be named whatever they want, it doesn't matter to me, but because of that name, there lies the confusion on where the stadium is.

there's not much controversy. both the giants and jets played in NYC proper before moving to the Meadowlands... the giants played at yankee stadium, the jets played at shea stadium. they kept the name new york after the move because the meadowlands is just 5 miles from midtown manhattan. there are any number of stadiums that are much, much further away from the city the team is named for, but because it's not in a different state nobody says anything about it. also, if new york state was named, say, empire state and new york was only the name of the city, nobody would say anything about it.

there are stupid people in buffalo who always say that the bills are the only true new york team... meanwhile their stadium isn't in buffalo, and is twice the distance from buffalo as giants stadium is from new york city.

giants stadium is actually geographicly closer to Times Square than Shea Stadium (now citi field) and the same distance as Yankee Stadium.

if you couldn't tell i've answered this question/statement many many times, as it irks me.

I've been to a few concerts at Giants and there really isn't a great place to sit no matter where you are. Hopefully that space ship will distribute the sounds well and we will hear the music instead of the planes that fly by. I have hope that U2 knows how to do stadium shows.................

:scratch: i've been to two springsteen concerts and the rolling stones at giants stadium and the sound has been great, and i really didn't notice any planes... you sure you're not thinking of shea with the planes?

:scratch: i've been to two springsteen concerts and the rolling stones at giants stadium and the sound has been great, and i really didn't notice any planes... you sure you're not thinking of shea with the planes?

Nah, it was Giants. I was sitting near the top though. Sat lower for the Rolling Stones and the sound was better, not great. Never been below the 3rd tier. Maybe the claw will distribute the sound better?

Well, you can count me in...
I have bought two GAs, but one is for me... the other one, i dunno what to do...
Anyway, hope to see you there on Sept. 25th

M M

I have GA tickets for the Meadowlands.. first time ever with GA.. want to experience it on the floor..
Does anyone know what time I should expect to be at the stadium to line up?? I usually have reserved seating and just tailgate until the opening act goes on..so I am new to this who thing!!!!
I am not familiar with concerts at the Meadowlands.. are the parking lots open early?? I was told that I should be there during the night.. that people could be there as early as 3am to get in line.. Anyone else with GA experience at U2 concerts??

Hey everyone, I'll be at the Sept. 24 show. Can't wait to see everyone!

Well, you can count me in...
I have bought two GAs, but one is for me... the other one, i dunno what to do...
Anyway, hope to see you there on Sept. 25th

M M

i'm looking for a GA for the 25th. are you willing to sell it?

I'm actually looking for a pair of GA's for the 25th if anybody knows anyone who has one or two let me know!!

Ebay's prices are RIDICULOUS 400-500 for a pair of ga's. wtfff
last tour i got them way cheaper than that on there

Is it a major faux pas to call this the New York gig? I've cheapie seat tix to the second concert and keep telling people I can't wait to see U2 play in New York!

Technically it is the gigs for New York, but the stadium happens to be in New Jersey. I'm from New Jersey, but South Jersey outside of Philly, so it doesn't offend me. Either/or is ok by me.I still know what everyone is talking about

Ok, thanks Laura.

The thing is, in some places people are fussy about the name used. I'm from Derry in Northern Ireland, which must be one of the worst for that! (It's Londonderry to those of a different persuasion.)

I think Giants Stadium is a great choice for two shows. That way, NYC and Philly both have concerts instead of having to choose one or the other. Yeah, it's closer to NYC, but it is between both major cities. While people are battling NYC traffic, people from Philly area can already be almost there by the time NYC people get there ha. Yeah, that's kinda hard to follow I know

SMB

East Rutherford is about 90 miles from Philly. These shows are for NYC not Philly. We always get our own shows in Philly, but this leg they couldn't get the stadium because Temple has a game there the day before U2 could have came. If they don't repeat cities next year then Philly will get shows and NY will not. I don't mean to sound like a bitch, so please don't take it that way

Does anyone know if we'll be able to tailgate at these shows? I know that the parking lot has moved since they are building the new stadium on top of where the old parking lot used to be, and now we will need to take shuttle buses to get from the new parking lot to the stadium...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom