September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
003-2.jpg

These are pics I took today

Nice! :love:

parking other than at Gillette

There's a commuter rail station in Walpole, I think - It'd try their lots. It might cost you $4 but it'd be well worth it to know the car is safe!

Does anyone know, if parked at Walpole, what are the options for getting to the stadium? Is Walpole too far to walk to Gillette from?

thanks

Just landed in Boston! Dunno if I'll be able to make it to Foxborough tonight but we'll see ...

unfortunately I think you are right, anyone who tries to defy the mass state police will get a bad surprise, they are not dumb security guards, and they are real jerks who love to flaunt their power and abuse people.

I hope you are talking about the annoying police, and not Gillette security, because I swear, most of us are really nice, and are just trying to do our job! (you always get a few bad apples though...)

BUT WHO IS EXCITED???? IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS WE WILL BE IN GILLETTE STADIUM COUNTING DOWN THE MINUTES!!! :applaud:

I figured that, but I thought there were all those rules about limits on parking at Patriot Place - and that they couldn't park there overnight.

The limits are tomorrow, not today. They'll probably only be able to stay until the CBS scene closes and then they'll go back tomorrow. I imagine some of them are getting dropped off so they don't have to worry about parking.

Wow. I mean, I love my U2 boys, but I just couldn't camp out overnight, especially not before two U2 shows. I just don't have that kind of stamina!

Besides, 1:30 is more than early enough for my non-insane U2 fan friend. I think if I told her I wanted to go even at 9 am she'd look at me like, "You've got to be kidding me." We'll see what happens tomorrow!!

Wow. I mean, I love my U2 boys, but I just couldn't camp out overnight, especially not before two U2 shows. I just don't have that kind of stamina!

Besides, 1:30 is more than early enough for my non-insane U2 fan friend. I think if I told her I wanted to go even at 9 am she'd look at me like, "You've got to be kidding me." We'll see what happens tomorrow!!

I have to laugh bc why is that we U2 fanatics who would be crazy enough to line up at 9am, always end up with friends who just dont get it? Its kinds funny.

I just got back from the steps in front of CBS scene & got my wrist band!!!! #52!!!!

Ok, I apologize for apparently being so idiotic about this - the only time I've done GA was Vertigo when it was totally different. But you got a wristband and aren't staying in line? When are you going back? Because I could get in my car and be at Gillette in a half hour.....

I have to laugh bc why is that we U2 fanatics who would be crazy enough to line up at 9am, always end up with friends who just dont get it? Its kinds funny.

I know...Monday my friend is meeting me there because he has a rehearsal in CT in the AM, and I'm wondering how other fans would be if I went super-early and saved him a spot? Or saved him a spot at least in the inner circle if I couldn't save him one in line.....

Ok, I apologize for apparently being so idiotic about this - the only time I've done GA was Vertigo when it was totally different. But you got a wristband and aren't staying in line? When are you going back? Because I could get in my car and be at Gillette in a half hour.....
This is my first U2 show, but all I know is that these people are handing out bands and recording names because of the no-camping-overnight rule. They were clear that the whole thing could sink or swim, but it's worth a shot. They said to be back at 8:00 am and if security breaks it up to just linger in the shadows til we're allowed to assemble. So Id say it's worth a shot, seeing as they're the first organized bunch on the premises. They're on the steps outside of CBS Scene and they said they're going to stay til security kicks them out, and that the more people get bands the better chance we all have of the system holding up.

This is my first U2 show, but all I know is that these people are handing out bands and recording names because of the no-camping-overnight rule. They were clear that the whole thing could sink or swim, but it's worth a shot. They said to be back at 8:00 am and if security breaks it up to just linger in the shadows til we're allowed to assemble. So Id say it's worth a shot, seeing as they're the first organized bunch on the premises. They're on the steps outside of CBS Scene and they said they're going to stay til security kicks them out, and that the more people get bands the better chance we all have of the system holding up.

Thanks for the clarification, but I can't be there at 8 am - I promised my non-crazy friend that I'd drive. :doh: haha

Now I know for (hopefully?!) the next leg - and maybe I'll just ditch my non-fanatic friends and go solo and hang out with all the other crazies in the GA queue ;)

I was there earlier and they told me the same thing. They lady in front of the gate of where we line up tomorrow told them they could stay on the steps until 1am. They are staying at the hotel that is right there. Allison they lady with the megaphone told the secruity at the stadium that they are fools into thinking that nobody would show up till 3pm. BTW, I'm #26. The people running the line politely asked me to keep it on the DL because they don't want a ton of people hanging around now

I was there earlier and they told me the same thing. They lady in front of the gate of where we line up tomorrow told them they could stay on the steps until 1am. They are staying at the hotel that is right there. Allison they lady with the megaphone told the secruity at the stadium that they are fools into thinking that nobody would show up till 3pm. BTW, I'm #26. The people running the line politely asked me to keep it on the DL because they don't want a ton of people hanging around now

Laura, do you happen to know what they're going to do tomorrow night about Monday's show? Because I'd happily get my wristband after tomorrow's show and be back Monday at 8:00.

Ok, last question - I promise!!! What is the general rule/etiquette for one person saving a space in line for somebody else?

Coming from 95/128 north to sunday's show and meeting up with a friend to carpool to save on parking. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could park her car for free in sharon/walpole area? Saw the Walpole Mall on Route 1 and the Holiday Inn Express in Sharon, but didn't know if those would be tow safe.

I used to work at the Holiday Inn Express in Sharon. You can park there, they will not tow you because, while they do ask people for license plate #s upon registration, no one would go through to match. You could definitely park there, just park along one of the sides so no one inside sees that you're just dropping the car off. The only thing you need to know is that after the show, as you come up Rt 1 North you will not be able to turn right at the street you need to go down to get to the parking lot. You will need to stay on Rt 1 up to the next set of lights, turn around, and try to make a left. There will be police stationed right there to help direct you, they'll let you know where you can turn, just pretend to be a guest there.

Someone asked about walking from the Walpole Mall...it's not a safe walk and is a bit far, a few miles. If you're doing GA you obviously won't want that kind of walk before being on your feet all night. Either way, it's not safe to walk there...the speed limit is 50 mph I believe and there is no sidewalk.

Ok, last question - I promise!!! What is the general rule/etiquette for one person saving a space in line for somebody else?

It depends. Are you going to be there first but that other person won't be there for a few hours? If that's the case, then I'd say that's generally frowned upon. But say you're both there and one of you has to leave for a short amount of time, I don't think people will have a problem with that.

I just got back from the steps in front of CBS scene & got my wrist band!!!! #52!!!!

awe come on thats lame. you cant just "swing by" and grab a wrist band!!!!

If you want to claim a number you have to stay there for the duration. Any one of us could "swing by". Besides when the venue is saying NO LINEUPS. I love how people like to do it anyways on their terms so that it benefits their gain.

Unless the venue is officially handing out numbers like they did for vertigo, then i dont think its fair for a group of friends to do it whatever way works in their favor.

So maybe after the show tomorrow, i'll start my own line and give myself a #1 wristband. then go home and sleep, and come back the next day.

This is all starting to get very silly. keep it on the DL?

awe come on thats lame. you cant just "swing by" and grab a wrist band!!!!

If you want to claim a number you have to stay there for the duration. Any one of us could "swing by". Besides when the venue is saying NO LINEUPS. I love how people like to do it anyways on their terms so that it benefits their gain.

Unless the venue is officially handing out numbers like they did for vertigo, then i dont think its fair for a group of friends to do it whatever way works in their favor.

So maybe after the show tomorrow, i'll start my own line and give myself a #1 wristband. then go home and sleep, and come back the next day.

This is all starting to get very silly. keep it on the DL?

I agree, it is pretty ridiculous. Anyway, people should keep in mind that despite what any group of people have organized, whoever shows up at 3pm tomorrow can be #1. Previously organized spots in line or numbers mean absolutely nothing, and gillette stadium security will back you up if you decide to walk right up to the front and skip any pre-determined order people have. I myself think the idea of fans making a numbering system early is great,but the way it is often executed is disgusting. It is usually done to suit the needs of a small group of people who often go to a hotel or home and sleep and shower and eat well and drink, and then show up after other people have been waiting in line for 10 plus hours and suddenly say they were numbers 1-20 from last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom