September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
So, I'm extremely nervous about showing up earlier than 3. I'm going by myself and getting dropped off, so it's not like I'll have anywhere to go if I show up at noon and get turned away.

Here's my take.... show up at noon and putz around the patriot place for a bit. Monitor the line up situation and see what happens. That's my group's plan.

In theory, the shorter route should be fastest, but I won't be able to arrive at the stadium until 5:30-6:00pm, meaning I'll be fighting rush hour traffic along with the U2 traffic. Does this mean that taking the "back way" of 495 would be faster because QUOTE]

Im not that familiar with the area, but I do know that there will be traffic coming up from Providence that use the 495 exit to get to Rt1 from the south...so either way I think we are all screwed in that regard. :huh:

I'm so confused now about what time to show up.
So, I'm extremely nervous about showing up earlier than 3. I'm going by myself and getting dropped off, so it's not like I'll have anywhere to go if I show up at noon and get turned away.:

If youre gettign dropped off before 3, then wont you have plenty do around the mall at Patriot Place? Im not sure if you realized this, but there is an outside shopping mall right next tot he stadium, literally. :) I think not having a car to worry about will make things easier for you.

And Im in the same boat as you...Ill be flying solo for tomorrow night as well. Im definitely nervous about the traffic and theamount of people since Im going alone, although I will know a couple people in there. Im going early too since Id like to see if i can catch the band arriving...though i have no clue where that happens. Im nto very familiar w. the stadium,etc.

Thanks to all for the feedback re: 495 vs. 95. Seems like it's unanimous - avoid 95 on Monday! Look forward to seeing you all there. I'll be the one wearing a U2 shirt.

Hey everyone... :wave: When and where is this meet up thing? I might be able to make it after all... someone please PM me. Thanks and see you all tomorrow!:hyper:

-Jesse-

What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.

Great movie, PCU!

Oh, and I don't care what Zootopia says, it's Gillette and most importantly the Massachusetts State Police who are in charge over there. I'd bet the 3 pm is pretty straight, though if you ring the State Police or the Foxborough Police they can give you the absolute real deal.

I'm gonna go crazy if I don't go crazy tomorrow night!!!

Great movie, PCU!

Oh, and I don't care what Zootopia says, it's Gillette and most importantly the Massachusetts State Police who are in charge over there. I'd bet the 3 pm is pretty straight, though if you ring the State Police or the Foxborough Police they can give you the absolute real deal.

I'm gonna go crazy if I don't go crazy tomorrow night!!!

unfortunately I think you are right, anyone who tries to defy the mass state police will get a bad surprise, they are not dumb security guards, and they are real jerks who love to flaunt their power and abuse people.

I really don't want to park at Gillette, it takes forever to get out of their lots and I have to be up in the morning.

Carrie there's already plans to meet up at StoneForge Restaurant tonight at 7:30pm. They have tables reserved however there should be plenty of room to pony up to the bar for the rest of us .

Yeah, I wish I could come to the Foxboro gathering, but unfortunately I just can't drive out there from Chelsea 3 days in a row! :(

Anyone who lives or is staying in the Boston area (and can't make the Foxboro gathering) and would like to meet up drop me a PM. I'm thinking a pub near the Garden at around 9 pm would be good. :hyper:

Carrie

My friends are driving me mad. One person insists that we arrive at Gillette at 3pm which wouldn't be bad if we were GA and had to line up. But we're not. What are we supposed to do for four hours? And does parking the car at 3pm guarantee that we will get out of the lot earlier if we don't plan to skip the encore? I doubt it. Ugh! :doh: There is definitely an upside to going alone.

I dug out my Popmart t-shirt for the occassion. SO excited...seats for tomorrow, GA's (never done GA before!) on Monday. Wish I could meet up w/everyone at Stoneforge!

unfortunately I think you are right, anyone who tries to defy the mass state police will get a bad surprise, they are not dumb security guards, and they are real jerks who love to flaunt their power and abuse people.

We're not called Massholes for nothin'! :wink:

My friends are driving me mad. One person insists that we arrive at Gillette at 3pm which wouldn't be bad if we were GA and had to line up. But we're not. What are we supposed to do for four hours? And does parking the car at 3pm guarantee that we will get out of the lot earlier if we don't plan to skip the encore? I doubt it. Ugh! :doh: There is definitely an upside to going alone.

You could tailgate, shop, see a movie, grab food. We're getting there tomorrow at 3:30 to bbq, have some beers, listen to some U2 beforehand. Hanging out in the parkinglot beforehand is almost as fun as the show itself.

You'll have a blast. Folks will be blaring U2 from their cars, hanging out, enjoying life... Go with the flow, join in on the fun, drink & be merry!

(I've entered zen mode, btw... All nervousness subsiding as realization that I'm seeing U2 live for the first time since Hawaii settles in. :D)

Questions for those of you familiar with the traffic setting/roads in the area...

Coming from the north (Maine), I have two choices according to Google Maps.

1) The most direct route is I-95 all the way south until hitting 1/Providence Highway and entering the stadium complex from the northeast.

2) The longer route mileage-wise (an extra 18 miles) exits onto I-495 just after crossing into Mass and then takes it all the way to 1/Providence Highway, and enters the stadium complex from the southwest.

In theory, the shorter route should be fastest, but I won't be able to arrive at the stadium until 5:30-6:00pm, meaning I'll be fighting rush hour traffic along with the U2 traffic. Does this mean that taking the "back way" of 495 would be faster because it would avoid the brunt of the traffic? Or will the traffic be equally heavy each way? Does the additional time on 1/Providence Highway when coming from the southwest compared to the northeast cancel out any gain from avoiding rush hour Boston traffic? Will parking be easier one way or the other?

I know these are all hypotheticals and difficult to predict due to the nature of this being the BIGGEST EVEN EVER at Gillette, but free beers to whoever can answer any or all of these questions! :lol:

Someone else may have answered, 495 isn't a back road-it's a major interstate that gets backed up where it meets 95 as people travel from work.
Traffic at the 495/95 merge is pretty bad during rush hour, plus concert traffic.
Taking 495 around the boston area is a good idea, but just expect traffic when you go to get off onto 95. I'm not looking forward to that part AT ALL.

Coming from 95/128 north to sunday's show and meeting up with a friend to carpool to save on parking. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could park her car for free in sharon/walpole area? Saw the Walpole Mall on Route 1 and the Holiday Inn Express in Sharon, but didn't know if those would be tow safe.

There's a commuter rail station in Walpole, I think - It'd try their lots. It might cost you $4 but it'd be well worth it to know the car is safe!

OK, a friend of mine was just at Gillette (says the stage is un-freaking-believable IRL), and he spoke to the woman at Will Call who says that as far as she knows, it's the same as the notice we got from Gillette - that line-up begins at 3pm.

Grrrr....so confusing....

The Claw today!!!

001-5.jpg

002-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom