September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm getting quite excited for the show despite the GA fiasco! We will survive. :hyper: A couple questions:

1. I'm going to try to make it to the gathering on Sat night in Foxboro but not sure if I want to drive all the way out there from Boston three days in a row. :( Anyone have plans/desires to meet up in downtown Boston? If so, let me know!

2. My husband and I are going to the show with GAs on Sun and I just saw the outrageous parking fee. Anyone want to carpool so we can split the fee and help each other in getting to the GA line!? We can fit 2-3 in our little crappy '91 Honda - or we'd consider riding with someone else. Let me know!

Two days to go!!! :D

Well I guess we didn't need a hotel room Sat. night after all (bummer, that's $ that could've gone to more tickets)!? :sad: We have to check out by 12pm Sunday, so we will have some time to kill at Patriot Place. If they're being so strict, I doubt we'll be able to keep our car at the hotel like we were hoping. :|

Regardless, we are RIDICULOUSLY excited! We are a family of 4 (Sarah looks a bit older than in my avatar, but people say we look like twins. We are both very petite and have wavy/curly blonde hair). My son David (14 years old) is a big Patriots fan and an even bigger U2 fan, so he is definitely pumped!

I have some more questions...

1) Where is U2 staying? :hmm:

2) Are they going to do a signing outside there hotel like previous tours in boston? :ohmy:

3) Is it easy to make new friends at a U2 show? My mom and I will be going early to walk around and soak up the atmosphere, and hopefully meet some new people! :wave:

Thanks
-Jesse-

3.5) Oh yeah one more thing, we have reserved seats 6th row of section 227, where planning on getting to the stadium at 230 will we have trouble getting in at 3:00? Reading previous posts I'm feeling a little worried!

4) OH AND DID I MENTION HOW EXCITED I AM!? THIS IS MY FIRST EVER U2 SHOW AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM AND ALL THE FANS!

I have some more questions...

1) Where is U2 staying? :hmm:

2) Are they going to do a signing outside there hotel like previous tours in boston? :ohmy:

3) Is it easy to make new friends at a U2 show? My mom and I will be going early to walk around and soak up the atmosphere, and hopefully meet some new people! :wave:

Thanks
-Jesse-

3.5) Oh yeah one more thing, we have reserved seats 6th row of section 227, where planning on getting to the stadium at 230 will we have trouble getting in at 3:00? Reading previous posts I'm feeling a little worried!

4) OH AND DID I MENTION HOW EXCITED I AM!? THIS IS MY FIRST EVER U2 SHOW AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM AND ALL THE FANS!

1) :shame:
2) ?
3) VERY easy to make new friends, especially with all of us interferencers!! we're friendly folk for the most part and we're all at a U2 show :D
3.5) most definitely be prepared for traffic getting in. parking lot doesn't open until 3 so it will be a mad house i believe!!!
4) oh HELL YEAHHHHH!!! :rockon::rockon:

I'm done work and all I have to pack and load up the car.

Reguarding the GA sitaution does anyone want to meetup for lunch on Sunday?

Depending on what time we arrive down there, Katie and I may be up for lunch. We plan on leaving early. She said she wouldnt mind meeting some interferencers

SMB

I'm going to try and see if me or my friend could park the car while the other gets in line. This is annoying trying to get this figured out

The reason for the 3pm rule is because of the Country Fest fiasco. It was an absolute disaster for them this year so they changed the rules.

Sooo...what time are people getting there now lol. I still want to go early but I don't want to get turned away by security.

Disaster!!!

Hey All,

I was supposed to be traveling up to the Boston area on business on Sunday (for the week), and my management just called me and told me the trip is off. I was going to bring my wife w/me, and I now have two (2) tickets for Monday night's show at Gillette -- and I can't go. :-( it's too late to re-sell them on StubHub. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to try to sell them? I'm not looking to make a profit, just try to re-coup some of my $$.

Thank you,
jonaowens@hotmail.com

Yeah. My worry is the traffic will so SO bad that people won't get in in time for the show!!!

SMB

I think Sunday will be fine. The only folks showing up at 3 will be GA tix holders. Those with reserved seats will be arriving staggered mostly from 6 to 8 PM...Monday will be the problem...when a large percentage of folks will be coming after work all at a similar time and we'll have PM rush hour traffic on 95 to contend with just getting to Rte 1.

Hey guys, make sure to look for me, I'll be the guy in the red sox hat.

Again....at the Garden in 2005, I went up to 633 dudes in Red Sox hats and said "Hey Randhail how are you", only got punched 34 times, a lot of f bombs directed at me, and a few dozen confused looks.

I'll actually be the guy with the "crap, I really should be home studying because I'm taking a 9 hour exam on wed., but screw it because U2 is worth it" look on my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom