September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just...going to try not to worry about this, and hopefully the peeps carpooling w/me won't either! Breathe slowly...Find a way... ;p

ok, i'm taking a little break from packing an saw this..... What the hell.. its gonna be chaos come Sunday.... First, the Patriots with their video recording games incident.. Now, this... Gillette starting to look a bad wart... :wink:

chaos x 1000000

Mel, i look forward to seeing you... i can't remember where or if we ever met but you are on my buddy list on here. My friend diamond bought your "dream out loud" shirt from your website once. We are both coming to boston.

i'm kinda having troubles deciding what u2 shirts to bring, lol!! Gonna be gone 2 weeks! Got all my tickets packed an thats what counts.. Got an ipod ready

ok, back to packing, i'm leaving Arizona tonight an going home to my parents in Seattle,, dad works for Airlines an his airline flies out of seattle to boston.... flying out to boston on Saturday morning!!

later peoples..

i'm ready for the laughing gas.

NEWS FROM GILLETTE STADIUM RE: PARKING, ET AL.!

Hi guys & gals,

So I just spoke with the lady at Gillette...

Here's the rundown:

Parking opens at 3 pm. No lines for GA will be allowed to form before then.

GA will line up at the Patriot Place entrance.

Gates for GA will open at 5 pm, at which point you will be able to enter the field.

If you have Will Call tickets, the box office opens at 3 pm and is right next to the GA line.

I know this is not the info we were hoping for, but at least we finally received something concrete!

See you at the show!

-Mel

I am staying at the Renaissance as well. Asked for early check in and said I need to park early sunday through late Monday night. They will probably hit me with $50/ day. But I can mill wherever needed. 3pm is retarded. But everyone be mellow and we'll have no worries.

People could probably even make a line within sight of the stadium, next to the mall parking lot or on the nature trail (that'd be a nice line spot, by their cranberry bog, haha!)...the cops could still see ya but no one's right next to them so they're not making you move.

Also, I am sure if thousands of people start lining up before 3pm (outside), they will let people move closer to the stadium

SMB

If a line does form early, could someone who will be there post here and let the rest of us know? I bet Gillette staff will start to panic around noon and open the lots.

If there is a lot of people there, there going to have to let us start the line then

If a line does form early, could someone who will be there post here and let the rest of us know? I bet Gillette staff will start to panic around noon and open the lots.

I hope so! (I'll try but I won't be even close to the first one there, so, roight. Also, my phone doesn't like interference, the pages are too long or something.)

It's time to go into Zen mode.....ohmmmm...seriously, remember 2700 people fit in the pit if that's where you want to be...anyplace on the field will be a good spot...the important thing is to go crazy and make it a fun show!! Things will all work out!

Sorry to ask this, but I need the info on the gathering. I need to know how to get there

As mentioned before the police are very strict about lining up, tailgating and general loitering. This is foxborough ordinance and has nothing to do with gillette. It's unfortunate because that entire area is owned by the krafts and they should be able to allow things like that since it's private property. Back to the police... they won't allow line ups. So i guess we all just line up and walk like a giant human centipede. It's not a line if we're moving!

Sorry I haven't posted in this thread, guys. I've been quite busy with my new job.

Anyway, I'm really psyched for this weekend. My first U2 360 show, as well as my first Interference meet-up.

I look forward to finally meeting everyone.

Rock on!

address is 2 washington st. It looks like it's about 1/3 - 1/2 mile north of the stadium on the same street as the stadium and patriot place.

hey guys just wondering if any of you know if willcall tickets can be collected in ticketmaster offices in downtown Boston before Sunday?? I really hope so, as then i dont have to worry about getting those tickets on Sunday!

Any other aussies posting in this thread??

Yo! Just to reiterate, State Police don't care about anything other than doing their job. If Foxborough says no congregating until 3, then it's no congregating until 3. You can surely go eat at one of the restaurants or see a movie or something, but crowds or lines of people on the property, forget it.

Although it spoils the common good of GA ticketing, you'll get a good night's sleep or a good night's drink on Saturday!

They fit 1,200 people inside the circle and having been to numerous U2 shows, there's not going to be a bad place to experience the show. There will NOT be 1,200 people there at 3 pm -- no way in hell. I bet everyone present (and orderly) at 3 pm or even 3:30 pm gets inside and -- as we say here in Boston -- "wicked" close to the stage.

I don't understand why Gillette has no problem opening lots early morning for football games to let people sit and drink for hours but they won't open them to let fans simply line up and wait? Makes no sense. I'm sure fans are going to show up and line up way before 3pm. Can you imagine what traffic would be like trying to get everyone in and parked at 3pm before doors open at 5. . . what are they thinking? Chicago opened lots at 5 a.m. and allowed lines to form between 5-6 a.m. Even Giants stadium said they are opening one lot at 8 am for GA ticket holders and other lots at 1pm.

Breaking the rules a bit but:

I have two tickets on sale that I really sort of really really really need to get rid of. They are for Monday night's show. I was supposed to go with another interference member (got_edge) but life gets complicated and we both ended up short on the travel expenses. If you know of any two lucky lucky souls who need tickets for the 9/21 show, I'm willing to part with them both for $95. I won't even charge for the shipping. As long as I know before 4:00 EST tomorrow the tickets will be in the hands of the blessed ones by Saturday.

It's a shame because seeing U2 in Boston was one of my dreams. I've been talking about doing it since 2005 when I saw the Boston Elevation DVD. Miami crowds get no such fun. Plus Boston is my #1 city to visit in the U.S.

Anyway, please ask around. I'm begging. :sad:

Meh, I'm going to show up around 11:30-12:00. Gillette seems like they're taking a hard-ass stance on this, so whatever. If they allow the line to start early, then I'll be a few hundred people back maybe. If not, I'll have a good spot in line at 3 because I'll be hanging out all afternoon at Patriot Place waiting to haul ass in line. :lol:

Oh, and it's not Gillette's rule. It's Foxboro town ordinance. I think they'd rather follow the law and not get fined than worry about us diehards. :lol:

Town ordinance?

The residents of Foxboro (or at least a vocal minority) have long protested the existence of the old stadium and now Gillette in their town. They don't like the influx of traffic, noise, trash etc. that acompanies football games and concerts. They are very strict about curfews and so forth. Back in 1987, Van Halen's "Monsters of Rock" tour had to drop one of the bands from the lineup (Kingdom Come, so nobody truly cared) for just the Foxboro show to accomodate the town's scheduling demands.

Of course they can't see the forest for the trees, cause if the Pats had moved to CT 8 yrs ago as almost happened, Foxboro would have been in serious financial straits without the taxes and other revenue generated by the stadium and now the businesses at Patriot Place.

hey guys just wondering if any of you know if willcall tickets can be collected in ticketmaster offices in downtown Boston before Sunday?? I really hope so, as then i dont have to worry about getting those tickets on Sunday!

Any other aussies posting in this thread??
I think its stadium will call only.

laura, it's contagious! Now my car's check engine light is on!! And I'm supposed to drive tonight to Boston! I'm at the dealer right now to get it looked at. So much for a stress-free trip!! :zen: Well, to all the blu crackers travling this weekend to the boston show, have a safe trip!

I'm at the dfealership right now after musclibng my way in To all ble crackers traveling this weekend to the boston sho, have a safe trip!

laura, it's contagious! Now my car's check engine light is on!! And I'm supposed to drive tonight to Boston! I'm at the dealer right now to get it looked at. So much for a stress-free trip!! :zen: Well, to all the blu crackers travling this weekend to the boston show, have a safe trip!

I'm at the dfealership right now after musclibng my way in To all ble crackers traveling this weekend to the boston sho, have a safe trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom