September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Gillette this AM and the woman I spoke to said that they haven't announced the times yet for line up and parking. She said that we should get an email from Ticketmaster. Oh so helpful, no? The Giants Stadium guy called me back and said their GA lot is opening at 8 AM, and that show isn't until Thursday!

NEWS FROM GILLETTE STADIUM RE: PARKING, ET AL.!

Hi guys & gals,

So I just spoke with the lady at Gillette...

Here's the rundown:

Parking opens at 3 pm. No lines for GA will be allowed to form before then.

GA will line up at the Patriot Place entrance.

Gates for GA will open at 5 pm, at which point you will be able to enter the field.

If you have Will Call tickets, the box office opens at 3 pm and is right next to the GA line.

I know this is not the info we were hoping for, but at least we finally received something concrete!

See you at the show!

-Mel

Thanks for the update. Now for my rant against Gillette:

OMG what total BS! So what are we supposed to do to manage the line before then? There will be people lining up before that. So much for the need to book a hotel the night before!

First and last time I ever go to Gillette Stadium!

Thanks for the update. Now for my rant against Gillette:

OMG what total BS! So what are we supposed to do to manage the line before then? There will be people lining up before that. So much for the need to book a hotel the night before!

First and last time I ever go to Gillette Stadium!

They can't possibly stop folks from lining up off venue property, but I issue a warning... The Foxboro area around the stadium is psychotic about parking during high profile events such as this... If you choose to show up early, park wisely!!! You don't want to get your car towed and have to dole out $300 to get it back.

Also, I agree... I haven't been to a show in Foxboro since PopMart... I had hoped things would improve, not get worse. Guess I was wrong. :sad:

I foresee some major issues...somewhere off site you know there'll be an unofficial line way before 3PM, then there'll be some argument when the official line forms as folks who show up at 3 expect to be in front and those there since 7 AM down the street disagree...glad I opted out of GA for RZ the other day.

I think there's going to be some major traffic grid lock at 3PM!! Firstly no trains so had to hire a car, and now we cant even park early... grrrr....

Don't forget the pit holds close to 3000 so even at 3PM you should have NO problem getting into pit...if that's where u want to be.

:sad: Oh boy, this doesn't sound good. We have our hotel room (I think it's next to the stadium) until noon on Sunday- I say we party it up and start the line there!:hmm:

NEWS FROM GILLETTE STADIUM RE: PARKING, ET AL.!

Hi guys & gals,

So I just spoke with the lady at Gillette...

Here's the rundown:

Parking opens at 3 pm. No lines for GA will be allowed to form before then.

GA will line up at the Patriot Place entrance.

Gates for GA will open at 5 pm, at which point you will be able to enter the field.

If you have Will Call tickets, the box office opens at 3 pm and is right next to the GA line.

I know this is not the info we were hoping for, but at least we finally received something concrete!

See you at the show!

-Mel

That's so dumb considering I got an email telling me I could pick up my RZ tickets starting at 12PM on Sunday. Are they expecting me to helicopter in if the parking lots aren't open yet?

Personally, I'll be surprised if this doesn't change between now and Sunday and it turns out this person was totally uninformed.

A guy posted in the Tor1 thread that he got to the stadium at 6:30 last night and still got into the pit so I don't think we need to worry.

A guy posted in the Tor1 thread that he got to the stadium at 6:30 last night and still got into the pit so I don't think we need to worry.
Well, I would like to be able to see while in the pit, and being 5'4" might have an issue with being back behind some tall dudes. ;)

Still, I can't believe the total ripoff stupidness of this venue. Is it possible to access via taxi?

sounds like the standard concert arrangement. I wouldnt be suprised if it changes or already has and the person on the phone wasnt aware of the specific issues with this show.

That's so dumb considering I got an email telling me I could pick up my RZ tickets starting at 12PM on Sunday. Are they expecting me to helicopter in if the parking lots aren't open yet?

Yeah that sounds shady... Have you tried calling the box office to ask? 508-543-0350.

Personally, I'll be surprised if this doesn't change between now and Sunday and it turns out this person was totally uninformed.

I'd like to hope you are right. However, I have been calling them twice a day (morning/afternoon) every day waiting for her to receive the info for U2. It's been the same chick every time and she had been expressing frustration with event organizers for not supplying the info sooner. I highly doubt she's misinformed. What I think is that the event organizers are completely ignorant of U2 concert GA protocol.

Can someone please call the U2 Tour Manager (Jake Berry?) and make a fuss so they change this? :wink:

ahh I was wondering if it was the same person each time. the person I talked to seemd to understand the issues, and this was Mon!

sounds like Gillette got fed up waiting for the promoters to get their act together.

thanks for the info and the persistent calling!! I called once and gave up.

There might be a separate access for will call, like short-term parking or something. I hope you're right about the change.

Looking at the parking map, is the mall that gray area to the west of the stadium? Wouldn't we be able to park there and hang out at the mall, then move our cars when it's time to officially queue?

Yup, it will be the 6/01 HBO taping of Elevation all over again.... people will be protesting everywhere....

I foresee some major issues...somewhere off site you know there'll be an unofficial line way before 3PM, then there'll be some argument when the official line forms as folks who show up at 3 expect to be in front and those there since 7 AM down the street disagree...glad I opted out of GA for RZ the other day.

Everyone should e-mail Gillette or call them and explain to them that if they don't change it, there will be a riot on their hands

SMB

I have been to many International soccer matches, several Patriots and Revolution games and a few concerts in Foxboro (most at Gillette, some at its predecessor), and although the administration may be disorganized, there are no riots.

There are hundreds of state police officers in the street (Route 1) adjacent to the stadium and hundreds of "Team Ops" folks barring entrance to various roads and areas of the facility.

People might try to congregate early, but it won't be on stadium grounds or along Route 1 -- Team Ops and more importantly the Massachusetts State Police won't allow it.

You can probably park at the mall (up above) and hang out there and/or park in one of the 10 or so random lots along Rte. 1, but the stadium and nearby area will be free of loiterers. These guys (the staties) don't care how much you love Bono or how far you came from.

Sorry if it's not what you want to hear, but if they say 3 pm, it's almost definitely going to be 3 pm.

Concert is still going to be unfuckingbelievable though!!!!

They can't possibly stop folks from lining up off venue property, but I issue a warning... The Foxboro area around the stadium is psychotic about parking during high profile events such as this... If you choose to show up early, park wisely!!! You don't want to get your car towed and have to dole out $300 to get it back.

Dream Chaser, or anyone familiar with the area, do you know if there are other parking lots close to the stadium ? Like on North St. or Washington St. ?

I gotta park my car somewhere, my hotel is a bit far for walking ... (Courtyard Marriott Norwood)

thanks!

I'm staying at the hotel there at patriot place and the res confirmation said that parking is free for hotel guests EXCEPT when there's a game or major event and then hotel guests even have to pay $50 valet parking fee. What a scam!

And of course people will line up somewhere.

Went down to Foxboro today since I was already in the area w/my son for a dr appointment.

Trying to post pics...

COBRAND_NAME=snapfish

I'm staying at the hotel there at patriot place and the res confirmation said that parking is free for hotel guests EXCEPT when there's a game or major event and then hotel guests even have to pay $50 valet parking fee. What a scam!

And of course people will line up somewhere.

They also jacked up the price $$$ of the room during concert/game weekends. Look at the prices on a non event weekend! :down:

Yeah, and it's one car per room too i think!

I go there all the time, you'll be able to park early in the morning- then around 1pm or so, they will kick all of the cars out of the stadium lots before the "official" opening of the parking lots for the tailgating etc.- there will be plenty of places to park around there at the mall, or down by the shops on the south side-
the state troopers probably wont even show up until 2:30 or so
for red zone pick up- it may at a place other than the stadium box office- thats what happened in dublin for us- most likely they wil have a special place set up for those tickets-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom