September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poster for Foxborough has me ROFLMAO:

Foxboropostersm.jpg

:lmao: Niiice!

OMG I just had the time of my life. :drool: Words cannot explain.

hey guys, i'm going to Monday night's show. I havent been to Gillette in a few years, so I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with the tailgating rules? Are charcoal grills allowed? Is there a certain section of the parking lot that you need to use? Will tailgating be allowed after the show? I would appreciate any info on this. Perhaps anyone who goes to tonight's show would have a better idea. Thanks guys!

We used a small charcoal grill, no restrictions that we were made aware of and no needing to be in a specific lot. Tailgating was allowed afterwards, we personally didn't but there were plenty of people who were.

Have a great time tonight, looking forward to another great show!

Also, we were all wondering about open containers of alchohol, but apparently it's allowed.

Did you guys see the guy in the cow costume in ga ???
I remember him from elevation tour!

Apparently Zoney and schmeg were right next to cow man.
That guy as gotten tone of mileage out of the cow suit, you can make him out on the time lapse thing on the Boston Elevation DVD...I've seen him get on stage twice at Great Tweeter Comcats Woods, once with Rob Zombie at OZZfest and last year with Pearl Jam...

cowboy.jpg

That guy as gotten tone of mileage out of the cow suit, you can make him out on the time lapse thing on the Boston Elevation DVD...I've seen him get on stage twice at Great Tweeter Comcats Woods, once with Rob Zombie at OZZfest and last year with Pearl Jam...

cowboy.jpg

:no:

20 minutes ago:
U2log: U2 just arrived to the stadium. Bono and Edge stopped to say hi to me and a handful of friends. Larry and Adam waved. I'm happy.

I never thought this is what Id be posting the morning after, but I was lucky enough to find myself in this little group!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt believe it! I finally received my chance to meet Bono & The Edge!! I really didnt think it was going to happen this time around--it all feels very surreal. They were super nice & excited for the show. Im still on cloud 9 & pinching myself htis morning. Needless to say, I had a hard time getting to sleep!!!
:heart:

hi, all!
Can anyone tell me if the will call office is right near GA? and what time they opened yesterday? I have to get my ga ticket at will call, so have t line up, then have someone hold my spot so i can get my ticket.
Thanks! looking forward to meeting people!

Can someone explain to me the traffic lane scenario when leaving the stadium?!

Since I got there at 2pm yesterday, I automatically parked where they put me since none of the other lots were open. This put me on the north side of the stadium. Anyway, the predicament I found myself in was...there was a ton of traffic going NORTH & that is the ONLY way I could go bc they were only allowing traffic to turn right from the lot I was in.

Id like to know if those who parked on the south side of the stadium, was traffic directed back south to 495? Or did you have to go all the way up 1N to meet 95 as well? I have a feeling they split the traffic somewhere. I dont understand why the only lot open at 2pm seemed to only allow me to only go NORTH to get out. Craziness. They could have at least indicated parking in this lot only lets you out on 1N to 95, if thats the case. For tonight, it would be helpful to know if indeed parking south of the stadium, allows you to get on 1SOUTH to 495. :) (I hope Im clear, darn my fuzzy head.)

thanks! :)

It was awesome show last ngiht!! Cant wait for tonight!

cowboy.jpg

What in the...????? :crack:

Since I got there at 2pm yesterday, I automatically parked where they put me since none of the other lots were open. This put me on the north side of the stadium. Anyway, the predicament I found myself in was...there was a ton of traffic going NORTH & that is the ONLY way I could go bc they were only allowing traffic to turn right from the lot I was in.

Id like to know if those who parked on the south side of the stadium, was traffic directed back south to 495? Or did you have to go all the way up 1N to meet 95 as well? I have a feeling they split the traffic somewhere. I dont understand why the only lot open at 2pm seemed to only allow me to only go NORTH to get out. Craziness. They could have at least indicated parking in this lot only lets you out on 1N to 95, if thats the case. For tonight, it would be helpful to know if indeed parking south of the stadium, allows you to get on 1SOUTH to 495. :) (I hope Im clear, darn my fuzzy head.)

You knid of answered my question-so there's one lot open before 2pm and its on the north side?
We got there about 3pm, came up RT 1 from 495. they made one lane in RT1 south a Northbound lane, so I got into it-put me in the far left lane still going north towards gillette on my right.
I turned into the p10 lot and turned around-exited going south on RT 1, then went into the p11 lot-they put us up that long road then to the right. When we exited we lucked out, b/c they opened a gate right there near us. they only allowed turning right, onto rt ! south, then we got on 495.
We were moving into the lot line at 11:47pm and were getting on 495 South at 12:12. (we timed it :)
hope that helps-
But for getting there early, guess im stuck with where they put me getting there that early.

oh-just before i took the right into the p11 lot, there was a private lot for $50-it was smallish, so you'd be outta there in no time. If you have 4 in the car, for an extra $2.50 it's worth it.

He was had RedZone tickets but ended up inside the circle by us (edge-side by the bridge). Nice guy!

When "Crazy" came on, our little area felt like a Rave, with people bouncing around, and a guy dressed like a cow. Hilarious.

By far, I had the most fun I have had at a show since PopMart.

It was fun to see a few Interferencers (randomly) after the show too!

I had a great time last night also. It was great meeting both of you. I was happy to meet quite a few Interferencers that i hadn't been before, cathalmc (I forgot to get your autograph though) :wink:, mellow moog, daygloeyes, Val, Kassandra, blm, as well as, bonoishot and lauramullen, who I had met previously. I think I met a few other people, but after a couple of scotches I'm lucky i remember who I did. :wink:

I went with U2floridafan and it goes without saying that it was great to see you again!!

Hi rr, it was nice to meet you too, BLM, Val and Joanne are sitting right here saying hi too :wave:. It was fun meeting all of you guys and sharing stories about those 4 Irish guys!

Sorry about the beer spill Cathalmc!

So did anyone make it into the inner circle after showing up at 5:00 PM or later?

We made it in on Adams side at 6:30p.m.!!! They had already shut off edge's side before that and even though the guy said both sides were shut, we tried just in case on Adam's side and eureka!!!!! :hyper:

Hi rr, it was nice to meet you too, BLM, Val and Joanne are sitting right here saying hi too :wave:. It was fun meeting all of you guys and sharing stories about those 4 Irish guys!

Sorry about the beer spill Cathalmc!

Hah! I thought it was Cathal. I couldn't believe an Irish man couldn't hold his drink!! :beer::beer::beer:

After reading about the cow guy on here, I noticed that he's in one of my pictures. He's on the screen during Snow Patrol, the people behind us snapped a pic of my friend and I.

cowboy.jpg

I don't quite know what to say.

Yesterday was by far the BEST GA experience I have had so far. Well, of course I've only had 2 GA experiences, but I think if you're a GA virgin, Gillette may be the best place for you to do it.

Food runs and bathroom runs are a breeze because of the set up of Patriot Place. And all that stress about parking and GA line actually turned out to be easier than anticipated...

Kudos to the Patriot Place security and all the fans running the GA line.

Of course there always has to be drama in just about every show. There were a group of 10 people who cut in line by slowly inching their way forward. Repeated tries to remove them from the line or make them move backwards to the end of the line failed. Security made them throw out their beers. I almost took a picture of them just so I can post it and make a wall of shame with it.

But on the VERY POSITIVE side, I met so many wonderful people during the lineup, Interference members and non. The weather was gorgeous, and I was lucky enough to get the rail position on the pitch. I met a few more people along the rail and behind me.

The view was absolutely magnificent from my place. I was positioned between Bono and Adam, and I could see the entire stage and the screen really well.

Snow Patrol had an amazing night. The Boston crowd lifted them up when they asked us to sing along, we sang along even AFTER the song has ended. That had Gary reeling... And then they launched into Run and Chasing Cars!!! Two of my favorite songs from them!!

There were a couple of incidents around my area, the security guard in front of me really had her work cut out for her. People got drunk and started to push their way to the front. Danny, a guy standing behind me, practically had to shove someone who tried to muscle their way to the front. And that person probably weighed twice as much as Danny... I complained to the security guard, but he and his manager basically just shrugged. I was surprised. I said there's really nothing you can do about these idiots? The sup said, it's general admission... I said, oh, so is it okay then if I kick anybody who tries to take my place or squishing me? He said, oh no kicking is allowed but you can push back if anybody starts pushing... I just gaped in horror.

During U2 some drunks tried to push their way in to the front. They pretended that they were being pushed by others, but they were bumping into everyone in the front. Some lady was crying saying she got bit... oy... the things that happen in the pitch!!

But the night was about U2. And oh man, this was the best view I have ever had at their concert!! Since I'm short I prefer to be on the first or second row, because beyond that I would have to struggle to see past people's heads and backs.

They started playing Major Tom and Kingdom, and smoke started coming out of the claw... and the nighttime entrance for Larry is obviously soooo much more dramatic than the daylight entrance in Dublin. He appeared and started banging on his drums to the Breathe intro. And then The Edge and Adam took the stage. And finally Bono!! And I couldn't believe that I've come to this point after waiting two months since Dublin!! The boys are back!!

I'll try to post some of my pictures and upload my videos later. The setlist is not that interesting. They sound checked YBR but didn't play it. It may get played tonight.

Here's a teaser:
DSC02629.jpg

Based on what I saw last night (exiting P6 near the hotel driving north), parking in P10 on the south would put you out in the direction of 495. You do not want to park facing north because I dud bit see a single opporuntity to make a left turn. It may mean having to drive past the stadium and turning around to face south on your way in, but that might be your best bet.

Coming from the north we initially followed directions to park in P2 but security made all of the cars in my lane turn around and directed us to park in P10 on the south side. We did not want to face south so drove up, entered P6 (supposedly for retail parking), pretended to miss our town, and paid to park right near Tavoloni Pizza. It was still a mess getting out, but at least we were already facing north and didn't have to worry about turning around. We also had a shorter walk to the car after the show which was a plus.

Yesterday was by far the BEST GA experience I have had so far. Well, of course I've only had 2 GA experiences, but I think if you're a GA virgin, Gillette may be the best place for you to do it.

Food runs and bathroom runs are a breeze because of the set up of Patriot Place. And all that stress about parking and GA line actually turned out to be easier than anticipated...

Kudos to the Patriot Place security and all the fans running the GA line.

Of course there always has to be drama in just about every show. There were a group of 10 people who cut in line by slowly inching their way forward. Repeated tries to remove them from the line or make them move backwards to the end of the line failed. Security made them throw out their beers. I almost took a picture of them just so I can post it and make a wall of shame with it.

But on the VERY POSITIVE side, I met so many wonderful people during the lineup, Interference members and non. The weather was gorgeous, and I was lucky enough to get the rail position on the pitch. I met a few more people along the rail and behind me.

The view was absolutely magnificent from my place. I was positioned between Bono and Adam, and I could see the entire stage and the screen really well.

Snow Patrol had an amazing night. The Boston crowd lifted them up when they asked us to sing along, we sang along even AFTER the song has ended. That had Gary reeling... And then they launched into Run and Chasing Cars!!! Two of my favorite songs from them!!

There were a couple of incidents around my area, the security guard in front of me really had her work cut out for her. People got drunk and started to push their way to the front. Danny, a guy standing behind me, practically had to shove someone who tried to muscle their way to the front. And that person probably weighed twice as much as Danny... I complained to the security guard, but he and his manager basically just shrugged. I was surprised. I said there's really nothing you can do about these idiots? The sup said, it's general admission... I said, oh, so is it okay then if I kick anybody who tries to take my place or squishing me? He said, oh no kicking is allowed but you can push back if anybody starts pushing... I just gaped in horror.

During U2 some drunks tried to push their way in to the front. They pretended that they were being pushed by others, but they were bumping into everyone in the front. Some lady was crying saying she got bit... oy... the things that happen in the pitch!!

But the night was about U2. And oh man, this was the best view I have ever had at their concert!! Since I'm short I prefer to be on the first or second row, because beyond that I would have to struggle to see past people's heads and backs.

They started playing Major Tom and Kingdom, and smoke started coming out of the claw... and the nighttime entrance for Larry is obviously soooo much more dramatic than the daylight entrance in Dublin. He appeared and started banging on his drums to the Breathe intro. And then The Edge and Adam took the stage. And finally Bono!! And I couldn't believe that I've come to this point after waiting two months since Dublin!! The boys are back!!

I'll try to post some of my pictures and upload my videos later. The setlist is not that interesting. They sound checked YBR but didn't play it. It may get played tonight.

Here's a teaser:

WOW! That's a great shot. You really were close. There are always a few who try cutting line or are drunk and obnoxious.

Speaking of drunks, my friends and I were sitting in the parking lot by the Bank of America entrance and watched as the cops hauled two completely trashed girls off to the police station. Security must have noticed how drunk they were in line and called the cops over. Neither of them could walk a straight line (after several tries) and they both refused to take a breathalyzer. In the end the cops put these bands on their writs and put them in the van. I'm sure they didn't have a good night.

He was had RedZone tickets but ended up inside the circle by us (edge-side by the bridge). Nice guy!

When "Crazy" came on, our little area felt like a Rave, with people bouncing around, and a guy dressed like a cow. Hilarious.

By far, I had the most fun I have had at a show since PopMart.

It was fun to see a few Interferencers (randomly) after the show too!

I wonder who was bouncing! :lol:

Great review and pictures. Hey, it was great meeting you at the meetup. I knew there was someone I was forgetting. :) :wave:

Parking was $40.

It took us (I think) an hour and a half to drive 7 miles down the US 1. Funny part was Danielle and I had a do a little off-roading in the rental car to even get out. :shifty:

Did anyone park in the official lot and not go through hell getting out after? I'm hearing nightmare stories of two-hour waits from all sides today.
Any info on prices of nearby lots appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom