September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone park in the official lot and not go through hell getting out after? I'm hearing nightmare stories of two-hour waits from all sides today.
Any info on prices of nearby lots appreciated.

do what uim doing. Im privately hiring a taxi guy to take 5 of us back to the hotel for $100. Tell whoever you get to hang out artound north street after the giug going the opposite direction and you'll be lauGHING. i HAD THE NIGHTMARE OF WALKING up there until about 12:30 am when a taxi finally went by that stopped and picked me up!!!! So i booked him provately for tomorrow for myself and some other people staying at my hotel. It's so not worth it to take your car if your'e staying at a local hotel...

Good thinking on your part. I live in Boston, so that's not an option. But hope it works out for you!
I plan on leaving around 4, getting there (God willing) around 5:30 - 6, and paying whatever the closest lot charges. I don't want to be in the stadium lot at 1:30am like my cousin was last night...

Did anyone park in the official lot and not go through hell getting out after? I'm hearing nightmare stories of two-hour waits from all sides today.
Any info on prices of nearby lots appreciated.
Parked in a small private lot almost across from stadium, same $40 cost, got out in a flash, just had to head south to 495S and go 1 exit to pick 95 up that way (U turning back past the stadium is not a smart idea)

Parked in a small private lot almost across from stadium, same $40 cost, got out in a flash, just had to head south to 495S and go 1 exit to pick 95 up that way (U turning back past the stadium is not a smart idea)
This is just what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

We made it in on Adams side at 6:30p.m.!!! They had already shut off edge's side before that and even though the guy said both sides were shut, we tried just in case on Adam's side and eureka!!!!! :hyper:

Well then, this is the 5th stadium in a row here in North America where this has happened. I think we can basically say that as long as you get there before they start letting people into the stadium, your going to get into the circle. Thanks for the update!

The smaller lots are much quicker to exit, some of them require a bit of a walk to the stadium...but if you spend 15-20 minutes walking, it will save you at least an hour or more normally vs. the stadium lot.

Amen. We parked in the Enterprise Rent-A-Car lot just south of the stadium. On 495 by 12:15am.

RED ZONE TONIGHT! :D

I heard a few people talking and wondered, this wont be their last time in/around Boston right?!? I have been a U2 fan for a long time but only have been able to see them once as I never really knew of the forums here and how to get tickets. Anyways, I heard someone say they didnt think they would do another tour after this one and probably wouldnt be doing any more concerts in Boston. I wanted to get a guitar pick so badly last night its not funny lol. I really wanted something to keep as a momento from the show and hope I can get another chance to get something like a setlist or pick that I can keep forever! So do you guys think they will be doing more shows in boston or could they really be done after this??

Great review and pictures. Hey, it was great meeting you at the meetup. I knew there was someone I was forgetting. :) :wave:

Very nice meeting you too rr!! :wave: I wish I could've spent more time with you and also the others, I was busy eating my dinner :lol" . I hadn't had anything to eat since that morning!

I didn't get to see you either in the GA line... What other show are you going to?

I heard a few people talking and wondered, this wont be their last time in/around Boston right?!? I have been a U2 fan for a long time but only have been able to see them once as I never really knew of the forums here and how to get tickets. Anyways, I heard someone say they didnt think they would do another tour after this one and probably wouldnt be doing any more concerts in Boston. I wanted to get a guitar pick so badly last night its not funny lol. I really wanted something to keep as a momento from the show and hope I can get another chance to get something like a setlist or pick that I can keep forever! So do you guys think they will be doing more shows in boston or could they really be done after this??

People have been claiming each tour to be the last one since 1987 and the Joshua Tree tour. Don't pay attention to it. Its much more likely that U2 will still be doing tours 20 years from now than this being the last tour.

They are probably finished playing near Boston for this tour, but keep a look out for Hartford. Its likely they will be playing there in June-July 2010. 2nd North America leg of 360 starts in June 2010.

Boston 2 is not yet finished, but I wanted to know how GA went this time. Anyone make it into the inner circle after 5:00 PM for BOSTON 2 ?

wow so its been more than a day since the U2 concert on Sunday, but I'm still humming U2 every second of the day. I even went to the Regina Spektor concert tonight, which was amazing, but just not the same thing as U2! My parents went to U2 tonight and they said they heard a horrible echo up in the 300s, anyone else hear that?

On another note- I really really really hope they come back to this area for the second leg of the tour. I already cannot wait to see them again. For my first U2 concert, this one was almost PERFECT. :happydance: (ALMOST perfect meaning meeting the band and getting a setlist or pick would be perfect :cute:)

Boston 2 is not yet finished, but I wanted to know how GA went this time. Anyone make it into the inner circle after 5:00 PM for BOSTON 2 ?

People still got into the inner circle if they got there when the ga line went in about 5:30. I got there at 11am. There were about 4-5 "chutes" and they had bags on one side no bags going in on another. Then within the chutes lines boy girl for the pat down. There were maybe 60-70 people there total at 11am. 15 ahead of me in my line. Very civilized line. I got the outer front rail edges side and I don't run fast :) I have to give a tip- Bono favors Adams side out on the catwalk. Both Boston nights it was like that. He ran by my side with only one time stopping near us. People on inner circle back rail looked squished. If you're short I wouldn't recommend that spot. The band spends most of their time on the stage so inner front rail is best for very close or exact center of outer catwalk rail. Bono brought a girl on stage and had her go on the bridge and people went crazy. Someone gave him a towel- coulnt see what the logo was but he wrapped it over the mike stand. Beach towel.
One cool security thing was these three women tried to cut in my line when we all stood up to get ready to go in. People complainedand security made them back up. They tried to insist they'd been there but they weren't. What jerks.
I'll post links to videos and pics later. Thanks!

It was the city of Boston flag. It belongs to Boston Michelle and without her help and few others we would have never been allowed to lineup before 3pm

I got into the pit at Boston 2 at 7:50pm with three mates. And we ended up three rows from the back rail in the centre.

It was the city of Boston flag. It belongs to Boston Michelle and without her help and few others we would have never been allowed to lineup before 3pm

Is she the girl with the glasses? I'd asked her about that flag earlier in the day, that's great that she got to pass it to Bono. (I first met her when she and I had a drunken tiff in the bar in Cardiff a few weeks ago!)

People still got into the inner circle if they got there when the ga line went in about 5:30. I got there at 11am. There were about 4-5 "chutes" and they had bags on one side no bags going in on another. Then within the chutes lines boy girl for the pat down. There were maybe 60-70 people there total at 11am. 15 ahead of me in my line. Very civilized line. I got the outer front rail edges side and I don't run fast :) I have to give a tip- Bono favors Adams side out on the catwalk. Both Boston nights it was like that. He ran by my side with only one time stopping near us. People on inner circle back rail looked squished. If you're short I wouldn't recommend that spot. The band spends most of their time on the stage so inner front rail is best for very close or exact center of outer catwalk rail. Bono brought a girl on stage and had her go on the bridge and people went crazy. Someone gave him a towel- coulnt see what the logo was but he wrapped it over the mike stand. Beach towel.
One cool security thing was these three women tried to cut in my line when we all stood up to get ready to go in. People complainedand security made them back up. They tried to insist they'd been there but they weren't. What jerks.
I'll post links to videos and pics later. Thanks!

Very interesting. Thanks for the update! This marks 6 shows in a row in North America where people arriving after 5:00 PM have made it into the inner circle.

Without a doubt.

Bono on a liter of red bull

Oh what a night. I was behind Boston Michelle both nights (i was 2nd row, center twice) and it was really cool that he took her flag. He gave the first few rows lots of little shout outs- it was so special. We were all holding hands during One and he acknowledged it ("you must be irish holding hands and singing"). There is absolutely nothing like being that close to the band. Adam is a big flirt and Bono is so personal with the front few rows. We saw every little chuckle, mistake (like during Amazing GRace he made a mistake and was laughing at himself), smile, head nod, etc. We were holding up signs with song requests and he at one point looked at us and then his set list on the floor and pointed and said "we're playing these" with a smile. All these special moments-too many to remember.
At the end we all collectively held up signs for drowning man and as the band was bowing to the crowd Bono whispered into Adam (or Larry's) ear(i forget) "look they're asking us to play Drowning Man" and they both looked at all of us and we really thought they were going to go on and play it but alas they did not. However, the seed is indeed planted for this song so maybe NY will get it.
The GA line went well, thanks to fans taking charge and security respecting it. there was a little bit of line drama but not too bad.
Unfortuantley, I was second in line out of my "pen" and the scanner guy couldn't scan the 1st girl or my tix and we were pleading with him to pick up the pace as everyone else flew past us. He finally asks another scanner "uh John how does this thing work?" UGH!!!!!!!!
Then I finally got through and starting running at a good clip and my keys fall out of my pocket but I was already far ahead of them due to sprinting so I had to go back and get them and then I just thought "if anything else falls out screw it, I'll get it after the show" kept running and saw a slew of dollar bills all over the floor-didn't care if they were mine (they weren't after all) but that was the scene.
Definitely drama at front rail spots with people saving spots for friends and not letting others in even thought they were there first. These were the same people claiming the fairness issues earlier in the day when it was working in their favor in the GA line. That did upset me as it affected me but I tried not to and realized-"crap I'm second row center stage this is a GREAT spot" The girl he pulled up on night2 was the same from Barcelona. I talked to her before the show and she said all she could think of in Barcelona while carrying Bono on stage was "if I drop him and he breaks a hip everyone will kill me!" She said that before the show and it was so neat to see her pulled up again and carry him around again. All i can say is lucky girl!
EVERYONE I met was super nice and I am sad I won't be seeing any more shows for a while. I actually cried my whole ride home (and it was looooong due to traffic and such). I was so sad that this was the end for a while and so happy at the 2 wonderful nights I just experienced. OK I'm getting choked up again.

Will post pics later and I have an AWESOME ultraviolet photo. If any one knows how to make a GIF (the litttle video thing on your posts) could you pm me because I have a good one but don't know how to load it.

Also, if anyone has a bootleg of either show could you please PM me. Thanks
:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom