September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds crazy, but when I went to a concert in a cast I put those glow necklaces all over it so people wouldn't bump into my broken foot. I don't know if it helped, but I made it through unscathed (and looking festive).
Maybe Bono will sign your cast!

"neon heart and day glo cast"

:lol:

some good tips there, but 1 huge clarification:
the 'irish' section of Boston is South Boston, not the South End. 2 different places with 1 huge difference if you are Catholic (I think you can figure it out...)

Either way, South Boston is really no more Irish than any other blue collar neighborhood of Boston anymore. South end is more centrally located and has great restaurants.

the freedom trail (red line in the sidewalk) will get you to all of the historic sections of Boston. It goes right by my house in the Charlestown neighborhood when going to the Bunker Hill Monument.

the other section of Boston to see (especially if you like shopping) that is not covered by the freedom trail is Back Bay. cool bars in that too. and also Cambridge spots arent on the Freedom Trail either.

That's so funny, I was just about to post that.
Although Southie has Castle island which a very pretty ocean walk, with an old fort(?fortress) and great view of planes coming in and out of Logan-wear your binocculars and try to spot the U2 plane coming in!
There are also great Irish pubs= the one where Good will Hunting was filmed is nearby (L street tavern-my grandpa used to hang out there), Some areas have become a bit trendy but you could prob ask the locals where there is a good irish pub.
Cambidge and somerville are on the T line-easy to get to and host many nice irish pubs (good ones, not tourist traps)

They are more than likely going to fly into Providence (like most rock bands and football teams). It is closer and less hecktic. They probably won't go anywhere near Boston

SMB

Now I'm torn between hanging out at the entrance to try and catch the band and waiting all day in GA to get up front. I have to make the most of this because it's my first U2 show And I only have tix for one night.
icon40.gif

Well, if its ur first concert, I'd just stay in GA and try to get the best spot possible. You don't wanna see the band before the show, it'll ruin the excitment when the concert starts.

SMB

Trust me, seeing the band before the show wouldn't ruin anything. But GA was my original plan; maybe I should just stick to it.

You can leave the GA queue for a bit if you like. The doors won't open till U2 finish sound-checking so you could nip out to see them go into the stadium and then go back to the queue. Of course, if everyone tries this then there won't be a GA queue anymore.

There is no guarantee that they are going to stop and sign autographs either

I think it's rare that they do stop on their way in to sound check. The only gig I heard this happened was when someone on here posted snaps with Bono before Wembley 2.

Did they stop at any other gigs?

Hi everyone :wave:

Im new to these forums, but not new to U2. Im going on Sept. 20th and im in section 227 row 6! This will be my first EVER U2 show and i cant wait! I wanted to get involved in the Bostonian fan base. So excited! See you all then!

-Jesse-

I think it's rare that they do stop on their way in to sound check. The only gig I heard this happened was when someone on here posted snaps with Bono before Wembley 2.

Did they stop at any other gigs?

On Vertigo they stopped before Miami 2... not sure I remember them signing autographs as that was when Bono was filming The Edge for the "A Day in the Life" series...we just happened to leave the GA line to put some stuff in the car and ran into them doing the video stuff when we were on our way back. We were so excited and couldn't believe our luck. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time. It was actually on the opposite side of the arena from where GA was lining up. Bono was busy with the camera but I shook Edge's hand and told him what an awesome show the night before had been. They're so genuine. Look you right in the eye when you're talking to them. Brings back such nice memories. Here's a pic I took as Edge was on his way down toward me :D

CopyofBonoandEdge2.jpg

And I know before the very first Elevation show in Sunrise, FL (which was the 1st show of the tour) Bono came out and I believe did some autographs. I"m pretty hopeful we'll have a bunch of sightings and signings when they do the NA leg.

Hi everyone :wave:

Im new to these forums, but not new to U2. Im going on Sept. 20th and im in section 227 row 6! This will be my first EVER U2 show and i cant wait! I wanted to get involved in the Bostonian fan base. So excited! See you all then!

-Jesse-

You ought to join us for our meet-up on Sat. night the 19th. Let Daygloeyes2 know and she'll give you all the details.

Can anyone advise me on getting from my new home in Cambridge, MA to Gillette for the show?

I was told there was a commuter rail line from South Station (which I'm pretty sure I can get through via the T, right?), but I didn't know when the rail comes/how long the ride is.

I might have class early that afternoon, so I may not have more than a few hours to spare, though I do have seats.

Please?:huh:

Can anyone advise me on getting from my new home in Cambridge, MA to Gillette for the show?

I was told there was a commuter rail line from South Station (which I'm pretty sure I can get through via the T, right?), but I didn't know when the rail comes/how long the ride is.

I might have class early that afternoon, so I may not have more than a few hours to spare, though I do have seats.

google works wonders and so does mbta.com

Yeah Rockbus sounds like it'd work for you as it leaves at 4 from South Station and you said you have class til early afternoon. Here's a link for the show on the 20th.

U2 360 Tour | Rockbus

and for the 21st
U2 360 Tour | Rockbus

I was going to say that. They do stop at the arenas ,but at stadiums there is so many more people

Stay and bad for nite #1 *support me!!!

GUYS

I dont know you but I die to hear in the set list BAD and STAY , guys we need the band to sing those two masterpieces, I am traveling from Costa Rica latin america for this gig and have waited my whole life, The trend has been nite 2 for those songs :(

Why dont we push a little on that... reply to this tread, go to the radio , talk to fan club something... but make this happen for nite #1 please please please..... anyone with me?

anyone with an idea on how to make this get to bono ears :(

Bad, STAY and Until the end of the world, Is Boston that special for bono? he reacts very good to the mood of the crowd , just look amazing gig in berlin just because of the crowd...

anyone support my wish?

REGARDS FROM COSTA RICA :applaud:

Last edited:
Has anyone used the Rock Bus before? The pickup location for the 9/21 show is unconfirmed and I'm wondering what the odds of it being confirmed are.

Sounds like they only confirm when a certain number of people pre-pay. So...pre-pay and force all your friends to too? They must give people their money back if it doesn't end up running...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom