September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still looking for a 9/21 ride for myself, my sister, and my cousin from Cambridge, should someone from Boston/Cambridge (or if we're on the way!) like company and some cash. <3 :)

Would work best if you've got GAs as well, and/or want to go early.

Gillette Stadium judgment call

Right now I'm in negotiations to buy two pairs of tix. One pair is in sec 305, the other in 202. Can anyone share their experiences being at the top tier near the side (like 305) - what the view is like, sounds, etc. And has anyone sat across from the stage (as sec 202 would be) and had their view blocked by the sound/lighting towers at the back of the stadium?

On the Gillette Stadium map below, an area between 201 and 202 is grayed out, apparently that would be an obstructed view. Do you think I have anything to be concerned with?

lg_boston.jpg

The 202 tix are near the back of the section; the 305 tix are near the front of the section. Any opinions on which pair I should take and which I should give to my friends?

Thanks!

"neon heart and day glo cast"

:lol:

Thanks--you made me laugh:lol:
I look at the stadium pics and have severe anxiety attacks about getting around with this damn cast on! I can't put any weight on my foot and I'm not so good with crutches! The concert will be exactly one month since I broke it so...I'm hopeful!

On another note, does anyone have any idea when and where the band entrance will be? Maybe they'll take pity on me and stop for a photo or autograph my lovely cast!

I want to go over and try too, but I'm not sure where it will be. They may not even stop with all the people in the GA queue though. I'm going to have a look around when I get there

Are you row seven or less for 305? Row seven or less is in the lower level of 305. I sat in the upper level for BJEJ in July and it is really really high. There is a whole club level between section 200 and 300. I would go with 202. I am sitting in section 203 row 1 and my ticket is labeled as 166x which is really good

SMB

So who else has the bizarro purple tickets for 9/20? My 9/21 ones, direct from ticketmaster, are "normal" (though yellow instead of orange accents).

So who else has the bizarro purple tickets for 9/20? My 9/21 ones, direct from ticketmaster, are "normal" (though yellow instead of orange accents).

Mine are purple too for the 9/20 show and yellow and white for the 9/21 show. Are yours GA fanclub tickets

I'm making the reservation this Wednesday. Of course I can probably call and add names, but if you know you can go, please let me know by then.

The meetup is September 19th at CBS Scene next to Gillette Stadium at 7:30. List of attendees so far:

Me
Bonoishot
Lauramullen
Vjacqb
MoodyJ
Tripletmom
Kassandra and friend
Val
Blm
U2FloridaFan and 2 friends
HBK79
Jesseu2
Diamond
Cathalmc
Shawn Bonneau and girlfriend

You can add me & my friend to the list, if there's still room. Hope to see you all there! Looking forward to it.

You can add me & my friend to the list, if there's still room. Hope to see you all there! Looking forward to it.

Absolutely! :)

U2FloridaFan's husband will be joining us too, so we're up to 22 people. :up:

And I can't believe it's only 19 days away. Seems like just yesterday I was freaking out about the general sale. :lol:

I can't believe it's so soon either, but at the same time I feel like I've been counting down to it for about the last year of my life. Everyone I know is sick to death of hearing me talk about it, but I can't wait for the show!

Right now I'm in negotiations to buy two pairs of tix. One pair is in sec 305, the other in 202. Can anyone share their experiences being at the top tier near the side (like 305) - what the view is like, sounds, etc. And has anyone sat across from the stage (as sec 202 would be) and had their view blocked by the sound/lighting towers at the back of the stadium?

On the Gillette Stadium map below, an area between 201 and 202 is grayed out, apparently that would be an obstructed view. Do you think I have anything to be concerned with?

The 202 tix are near the back of the section; the 305 tix are near the front of the section. Any opinions on which pair I should take and which I should give to my friends?

Thanks!

I would think 202 is closer. look at post #684 in this thread. 202 is between the red seats and the lighthouse that looks like an oil rig to me. the 300s are much higher up than the 200s because of the suites are at the back of the 200s with the 300s stacked on top of them and the 200s sticking closer to the field.
depends on the row I guess. get which ever are cheaper. also, there was just a post that there are tickets available on TM right now...., or 2 hours ago anyway.

Mine are purple too for the 9/20 show and yellow and white for the 9/21 show. Are yours GA fanclub tickets

I don't know, I got 'em off ebay. I took a pic showing the difference:
u2bostontix.jpg

See, the 9/20 ones are weeeeeird. I'd think they were fake if not for somewhere way back in this thread, someone mentioning purple tix. The backsides look more real than the front, with tiny text and an ad for the Patriots pro shop.

I got the purple tix for GA from the U2 presale. dont know if its because its the presale or GA. anybody know?? Not sure if GAs even made it to general sale.

I got the Gillette stadium logo tix for seats through general sale. my tix are similar to the 2nd pair but are Patriots blue where the yellow is.

My presale GA tickets are purple and white for 9/20 and yellow and white for 9/21

I can't believe that guy sold them on ebay, not knowing they were GAs (he didn't understand what the letters "GA" on the tickets meant, he wrote that he didn't know if they were good seats/where they were in the stadium), if they were FAN CLUB/presale tickets! Like, why would you go through the trouble to join the fan club & buy GAs just to sell them? Maybe he won/took them from a friend for payment of a debt or something, that's how I got No Doubt tickets (from a guy who also didn't know what GA meant and who won them in a poker game, haha!).

the tickets that dropped today for the 9/20 show were only the $250 ones in the club seats. Or at least thats all I could find. Still hoping for a GA drop.

I would never be like to someone on here unless it was meant to be funny:hug:
Aww. :hug:

"the tickets that dropped today for the 9/20 show were only the $250 ones in the club seats. Or at least thats all I could find. Still hoping for a GA drop. "

The link in the ticket-drops thread was to 9/21, not 9/20...

Aww. :hug:

"the tickets that dropped today for the 9/20 show were only the $250 ones in the club seats. Or at least thats all I could find. Still hoping for a GA drop. "

The link in the ticket-drops thread was to 9/21, not 9/20...

Acutally I went straight to ticketmaster, to the 9/20 show. The tix i mentioned definitely were for todays show.

I'm making the reservation this Wednesday. Of course I can probably call and add names, but if you know you can go, please let me know by then.

The meetup is September 19th at CBS Scene next to Gillette Stadium at 7:30. List of attendees so far:

Me
Bonoishot
Lauramullen
Vjacqb
MoodyJ
Tripletmom
Kassandra and friend
Val
Blm
U2FloridaFan and 2 friends
HBK79
Jesseu2
Diamond
Cathalmc
Shawn Bonneau and girlfriend

Don't forget to add my hubby to the list :sexywink: Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom