San Jose I Setlist Watch and Thread Party. Pt 2 (No spoilers or U2.com setlist posts)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2warlp said:

...scares the living shit outta me but im happy....

Me too...I was totally shocked to find out...by the time she came though I was 99% excited, only 1% scared :)

knox said:
I am returned.

Looks like they played the Ocean again. Cool, but to be honest, I had expected another song off of Boy.

They don't deserve much credit for The Ocean. It's a 1:35 long, and there is almost nothing to it. People have overstated the "Wow" factor.

2nd night San Jose would be the big shake up you'd expect!
No suprise they played a standard set...hell first night every city should be the same so the casual music fan has a chance to hear U2 at their best with a good setlist...2nd or 3rd night shows are always gonna be the fun nights with golden oldies mixed with the occasional suprise for us hardcore fans..... makes sense does'nt it?!

He screws up the words anyway...gimme vaired sets

CTU2fan said:

Me too...I was totally shocked to find out...by the time she came though I was 99% excited, only 1% scared :)

awwww, i take back the wacking off post i made about u earlier, give ur lilla girl a hug from us interference people

Axver said:
Question: what would you prefer, varied sets or Bono actually knowing all the words?

For me, the choice is easy: varied sets.

Varied setlists for sure. Bono can be quite creative when he forgets lyrics. It makes it more interesting for sure.

:whistle:

Lila64 said:

Gabriel doesn't even play it live anymore!

No, and that's too bad...very strong track, was a nice surprise for me when I got the San Francisco Conspiracy of Hope dvd, I thought it was only the U2 set.

Which words will he be screwing up? If they played Bad, and he forgot the ending chorus and made some shit up, it would suck.

just got here myself, was reading the threads to catch up. Something about knowing there's a concert going on and you're not there, but you have to know what's happening and what you are missing. I caught Anaheim 2 and LA 1 + 2. No screen came down for MW on A2, just the first night....

MrBrau1 said:

They don't deserve much credit for The Ocean. It's a 1:35 long, and there is almost nothing to it. People have overstated the "Wow" factor.

got to agree with mrbrau. It's basically a snippet.

I was surprised they did the exact same songs for both nights in LA, you can kind of call it a "big stop" on the tour. Thing is, songs like I Will Follow, UTEOTW, Bad, they can do those in their sleep, why not just put them in on the second night??

(again, not complaining, just a question I've been thinking about today)

u2warlp said:

hes actually singing?! thats too funny, went to a u2 show with him in san diego but didnt witness him singing cause i was underneath adams crotch

Jeez man, I gotta hear THAT story...

u2warlp said:

hes actually singing?! thats too funny, went to a u2 show with him in san diego but didnt witness him singing cause i was underneath adams crotch

:eyebrow:

I don't even wanna know.

RademR - they thru in some other snippets on LA2, and The Ocean (leaving out some other 'Boy' material)... And they changed the set order from Anaheim 2 (I didn't make A1)

RademR said:

got to agree with mrbrau. It's basically a snippet.

I was surprised they did the exact same songs for both nights in LA, you can kind of call it a "big stop" on the tour. Thing is, songs like I Will Follow, UTEOTW, Bad, they can do those in their sleep, why not just put them in on the second night??

(again, not complaining, just a question I've been thinking about today)

They must really be questioning themselves right now. I'd imagine the band confidence is very low, which is why they're not trying different tunes (They really could play IWF and UTEOTW and ISHF with little effort.)

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. Electric Co.
05. The Ocean
06. New Years Day
07. Beautiful Day
08. Miracle Drug
09. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Running To Stand Still
14. Zoo Station
15. The Fly
16. Mysterious Ways
17. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
18. Where The Streets Have No Name
19. One

Setlist thusfar

Could they do us a favour and play ABOY/Gloria/Yahweh/40?

02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. Electric Co.
05. The Ocean
06. New Years Day
07. Beautiful Day
08. Miracle Drug
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Zoo Station
15. The Fly
16. Mysterious Ways
19. One
20. All Because Of You

nicholsfornixon said:
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. Electric Co.
05. The Ocean
06. New Years Day
07. Beautiful Day
08. Miracle Drug
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Zoo Station
15. The Fly
16. Mysterious Ways
19. One

Setlist thusfar

The Ocean shouldn't count as a song, it's WAY to short. If they pat themselves on the back after playing that, they need to give me a call. I can give them some ideas. 1:35? BS.

Last edited:
so besides An Cat Dubh for The Ocean this is the 4th consecutive show with this setlist?

Just asking here, that's sort of what I gather.

Back
Top Bottom