Rumor on atu2.com about live 8 + L8 Set/Songs Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RABIDLAMB said:
I have an even better theory.

U2 have to get away early after playing One to Vienna for soundcheck etc...

Vienna is on Central European Time which is an hour ahead of GMT.

If the Vienna concert starts around 9pm CET that's still only 8pm GMT.

I believe U2 will appear live from Vienna to play Vertigo or Beautiful Day. It will be like the Phil Collins trick this time around.
there could be a chance that U2 , do a live feed

that setlist is wrong.

For a start, robbie not doing angels just isn't going to happen.

REM - Man on the moon??

The Who - My Generation??

Elton John - Candle in the Wind (quite poignant for africa) or even are you ready for love??

and my final 'omg should be there'

Madonna - Like a Virgin

U2Man said:

:up: :lmao:

And I might add....maybe Bono just hasn't told the media what U2 is playing, since they want to surprise like the last time....So they write 'One' since that's what they often do at charity events.
\

I could see that Bono doesn't like to get off stage:dancing:

No way would he hand over the reigns.

kellyahern said:

Hopefully, they'll remember to plug in McCartney's microphone this time :wink:

and The Sun says George Michael is a legend? :confused:

remember this is The Sun....

KUEFC09U2 said:
there could be a chance that U2 , do a live feed

This I seriously doubt. If they wanted these songs to appear, they could play them in London at the venue....

WildHoneyAlways said:

Yes. :| there are 3 threads on the first page of this forum alone. Get with the program people. :|

plus 2 on the front page of EYKIW, and one in the U2 setlist forum :crazy:

theres really not much reason to speculate over it anyway, lets just wait and see what happens

U2Man said:

The greatest band in the world only gets to play one song of their own? Won't believe it. The Sgt. Pepper part must contain more songs then.

No.. Floyd is supposed to play 3 :wink:

Chizip said:

plus 2 on the front page of EYKIW, and one in the U2 setlist forum :crazy:

theres really not much reason to speculate over it anyway, lets just wait and see what happens

If there weren't any speculation in here, only 5 % of all threads would survive :wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:
Why do we need 500 threads about possibly only one song?!?

It just doesn't make sense.

and a song we've all heard a billion times before

i'm more excited for the concert that night than the live8 performance

Chizip said:

and a song we've all heard a billion times before

i'm more excited for the concert that night than the live8 performance

Well I wouldn't miss Sgt. Pepper, but I agree with you on One, that just isn't very exciting.

i have a hunch we may see Crumbs instead of One though, but I really have no idea, so I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow to see

That would be really cool, since it's kicking off the whole show. Perfect set-up for the theme of the day.

why is it then that U2 are only doing 1 song, and other bands are doing 3 or 4?
why are REM doing 4? who are they, no one wants to see them. we need 7 full hours of U2! and they can still do Vertigo in Vienna in the night. :wink:

The Madonna songs are correct. She has already confirmed that it'll be her setlist. She has spoke too about present there the 1st single of her future album...
About U2, I have already head about Sgt. Peppers, Crumbs, Beautiful Day and Walk On, but not One... We'll see tomorrow what happens...

Maybe U2 doesn't want to announce the songs they are playing beforehand, and announced One because everyone expected it. Maybe they want to surprise people or haven't decided which other songs they are gonna play.

ybird3k said:
why is it then that U2 are only doing 1 song, and other bands are doing 3 or 4?
why are REM doing 4? who are they, no one wants to see them. we need 7 full hours of U2! and they can still do Vertigo in Vienna in the night. :wink:
could be something to do with fatique? playing live 8, travel to airport, flight to vienna, travel to stadium? soundcheck reharse whatever

could be very tiring for them, am sure the people of vienna wouldnt want to see a tired band, after all they bought there tickets

:lol:

with repeats? :wink:

I just hope U2 DOES NOT play just 1 song... it wouldn be right

RW = Let Me Entertain You... :drool: :rockon:

I don't know whether this is true, but I heard that Paul McCartney will be doing a 25 min set to open the show. Maybe U2 will just do the one sone with Paul....

It's probably just a bullsh*t rumour though...

It was written in my local paper how Paul McCartney and Bono were clashing and that Paul wasn't going to do Live 8 unless he was opening and closing the show.

I also found this on u2log.com. I apologize if this was posted already.

Are you ready for U2’s hit and run performance at Live8 this Saturday? The band are kicking off the day at London’s Hyde Park, playing ‘St Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ with Paul McCartney and then, according to a schedule sent out to affiliate broadcasters, a short set of three songs: ‘Vertigo’ en ‘Beautiful Day’ and ‘One’. After their Live8 performance they will jet it over to Vienna to continue their Vertigo Tour on the same day. It’s not as impressive as Phil Collins’ Concorde stunt 20 years ago, but a valiant effort nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom