Rumor on atu2.com about live 8 + L8 Set/Songs Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyourkneesboy

The Fly
Songs To Be Played For Live8:

Supposedly U2 would play 3 songs, these will be:

(by matter of BIG, BIG suprise: (ironic here!))

*Where The Streets Have No Name:yawn:
*Pride:yawn:
*One:yawn:

Yes, that's right, just as in the concerts...!!

For all you (and me!) LOSERS hoping for songs like: Crumbs, Species, Bad, Wake On, When I Look At The World... (what would be great and original for this event!)...FORGET IT !!!!

U2 doesn't do anything unpredictable or out of the ordinary, those days are over! They've become crowdpleasers, afraid the make a little f*** with the songs I just named. (Don't know why..., they also make f***-ups in the "often" played songs anyway...)

You can accuse me of bitching... but I don't care, I know I'm right! Unfortunally!!

(P.s. don't get me wrong, I love this band to death, that's why I sound so dissappointed, because of their predictable setlists till now.)

supposedly Bono has been quoted as saying they were thinking about debuting Crumbs at Live 8

Crumbs WILL be played at 1 or 2 of the Croke Park gigs - as a warm up for a Live 8 performence. I've convinced myself of it.

And if it's also played at Cardiff along the way - that's all the better!:drool:

:wink:

There are going to be alot of potential young fans to recruit (and we all know how desperate Bono is to recuit them), so I think at least one song will be current.
I guess most people would think SYCMIOYO, given how it was used heavily in Comic Relief, but I wouldn't be surprised if Vertigo crops up.

I am happy with those 3 U2 songs, because I love classics. But Crumbs though would put a cool spin on things!

This WILL BE

Pride
Streets
One
Crumbs (a great and big song to leave EVERYONE with adrenalin rush!!!... specially US :wink: )

Streets
One
Pride

This is a safe bet. Problem is that knowing Bono he will jump into the audience and find a girl to dance with for 10 minutes or so and they will never get to do Pride.

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere. I heard that they will open the show with Paul McCartney and play "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". I don't know if this will count as one of their 3 songs, but if it doesn't my guess is

Pride,
Where the Streets Have No Name,
One

Aardvark747 said:
Crumbs WILL be played at 1 or 2 of the Croke Park gigs - as a warm up for a Live 8 performence. I've convinced myself of it.

And if it's also played at Cardiff along the way - that's all the better!:drool:

:wink:
I hope you're right because I think it's now reached the point that if Crumbs doesn't get played in the next couple of weeks then it will never be played. The tour is reaching the halfway point and you can see that they're starting to run on auto-pilot. They've developed a setlist that they're obviously comfortable with and they think is working so they're sticking to it with very minimal change. It keeps getting less and less likely that they're going to want to experiment with that comfort zone by adding new songs that aren't tour-tested. And if Crumbs doesn't get played this tour then it probably won't get played in future tours. Have they ever, on any tour, debuted a song from a previous album?

I should add that I'm talking about a full-band version, not some half-assed acoustic version where Edge strums the guitar while Bono reads the lyrics from a sheet taped to the floor of the stage. I'd rather they not play it at all than do that.

believe me... after July 2, live 8 or not, CRUMBS WILL appear

that's why it will be

Pride
Streets
One
Crumbs

and it will stay like that for the rest of the tour

PS: I could add Beautiful Day before Pride, but that's maybe too long

Can't u2 pla 11 songs to hard to pick 3 for them, okay i guess

Where the streets have no name
Vertigo
Bad(14 minute version)+ all of 40

Vertigo --> Discotheque --> Vertigo

those are the three songs they're gonna play.

(they gotta play Vertigo twice!)

unosdostres14 said:
Vertigo --> Discotheque --> Vertigo

those are the three songs they're gonna play.

(they gotta play Vertigo twice!)
And this forum would spontaneously combust!

But as long as the crowd there likes it, then it's perfectly okay to play Vertigo twice. Remember that only the people who are there have the right to an opinion about the setlist.

I do not expect U2 to play Streets. It very rarely appears outside of full concerts - the video shoot and 2002 Super Bowl are the only instances I can recall.

As COBL is the current single, I'm wondering if it will make the setlist. I am confident that a recent single will be included in any case, or maybe Beautiful Day.

Aardvark747 said:
They wont play Streets....they didnt play it at the last Live Aid after all....

Here's my setlist :
Vertigo
One w/ snippet of Vertigo
Vertigo w/ snippet of Crumbs
40 w/ snippet of Vertigo

def vertigo on the short set

i heard u2 are opening the event with paul mcCartney
doing a beatles tune cant remember were i read this

not really bothered what they play as long
as its rockin pls ill be there:)

BB Mac

Neil McCormick spoilers... LIVE 8

"Neil McCormick, U2's longtime friend who's working on the official U2 by U2 book and has already published his own Killing Bono: I Was Bono's Doppelganger book, seems to drop a couple spoilers in a recent article he penned for the UK magazine New Statesman. McCormick affirms previous rumors that the show will open with U2 and Paul McCartney performing "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", and that U2 alone will follow that with "Beautiful Day." "

source: atu2.com

SO... this leads to:

Sgt Peppers
Beautiful Day
Pride
Streets
One
Crumbs

:drool:

That's a GREAT set! I love Pride after BD and Crumbs ending the set. Awesome! :up:

U2 and Paul McCartney playing Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band? Yes, I think that's going to be interesting. :drool:

That is a PERFECT setlist for that concert.
Sgt. Peppers with Paul = WOW, WOW, WOW - Great start!!!
Beautiful Day = Perfectly appropriate... it will be a beautiful day.
Pride = Of course... it was meant to be this way.
Streets = This may be the best version ever - I feel chills already!
One = Again, a must sing for this day... perfectly appropriate.
Crumbs = God how I hope they get it perfected beforehand!!!

atu2.com only mentions the 1st two songs so don't get carried away. As far as I know each act is getting a maximum of 4 songs.

As long as they don't do the African thing before Streets...And since this is the Live 8, I'm quite sure they will kill Streets w/ the Africa stuff. They should play Love and Peace. Current events, kick ass live song :wink:

Back
Top Bottom