Rose Bowl DVD - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis Hopper Starts Experimental Treatment for Prostate Cancer - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

He attended the Breeders cup in November. Plus his star unveiling in March.

Wasn't he close friend of the band around Popmart? If he'd seen the band a bunch before he may have likely attended the show consequences be damned - he was already made ammends to his fate.

He was around during Popmart (he narrated the A Year in Pop Documentary) but not only then. He was at Edge's wedding and I think they remained good friends in all the years since then, at least Bono for sure. There are photos of Bono at his birthday party in '08 as well as lots of others. There is a thread about U2 and Dennis Hopper here if interested.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f195/r-i-p-dennis-hopper-206256.html

Jack Nicholson would've been there wouldn't he, isn't he a big fan of the band?

I think the U2 lovers are coming out of the woodwork there a bit more these days.

It's been refreshing. :lol:

i like u2, but i dislike u2 fans.
(Reply to this) (Thread)

grande_latte
2009-10-26 06:07 pm UTC (link)
why?

allisonlynn0122
2009-10-26 06:08 pm UTC (link)
i don't like their attitudes.

grande_latte
2009-10-26 06:08 pm UTC (link)
what have they done to you?

allisonlynn0122
2009-10-26 06:13 pm UTC (link)
gone on and on about how bono is like god. it's kind of disturbing.

grande_latte
2009-10-26 06:36 pm UTC (link)
im a U2 fan but im not much of a bono fan tbh.
i like larry jr, and adam and the edge but there's just something about bono i dont like. its amazing that he's all about making the world a better place and his songs are amazing but there is just something that i dont like and i dont think hes like god

azrielsdaughter
2009-10-26 06:44 pm UTC (link)
I'm a U2 fan and Bono annoys me outside of his singing. 8D We're not all bad BB.

allisonlynn0122
2009-10-26 06:47 pm UTC (link)
i like u2 but dislike u2 bono fans.

:)

azrielsdaughter
2009-10-26 06:50 pm UTC (link)
This edit pleases me! :D

ayajedi
2009-10-26 10:00 pm UTC (link)
I'm a U2 fan but even I think Bono can be too much and say/do some annoying stuff. Bono talks too much

:lol:

tictaac
2009-10-26 06:13 pm UTC (link)
I adore U2, but I thought they were forgotten. I didn't even know they had a successful tour. Shit! I didn't even know they WERE on tour. Honestly, I wish they had more hits with their current album, cause that shit is BRILLIANT. Magnificent makes me want to cry every time I listen to it.

^The person above lives under a rock somewhere above the Arctic circle.

btw anyone who watches bluray: ensure your player is set to 1080i, not 1080p or 720p :up:)

Is that because the native format is 1080i ? I tried 1080p as well. I did turn off the Auto Motion Plus on my Samsung LCD, which I always do for movies.

To those using a Blu Ray player to watch this disc, remember to change the audio setting to DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. It defaults to Dolby Digital stereo and you would be losing the best audio possible (Provided that the player is connected to an audio system, of course).

The DTS-HD audio quality on blu-ray is incredible and much more detailed -real audiophile stuff. This is probably the highest quality live recording U2 has ever released.

Is the DVD family-friendly? Sorry to be such a parent, but I grew tired of skipping over Bono's f-bombs on the Boston and Slane DVDs....

When Bono thanks the Albany crowd on ElevationBoston, and when he chastises the fan who throws the beer during AIWIY on ElevationSlane. Sucks to be a parent sometimes.

Never watched VertigoChicago all the way through, so don't know about that one....

anyone else notice a skip or glitch in the dvd during cobl right before they go into tye nxt song? My friend has it on their DVD as well.

Is the DVD family-friendly? Sorry to be such a parent, but I grew tired of skipping over Bono's f-bombs on the Boston and Slane DVDs....

Only part that I noticed which I might consider borderline profane was during the start of Mysterious Ways when he says "get up off your fat ass". Not sure if that's too over the top for you, but I understand where you're coming from. Personally I love it.

anyone else notice a skip or glitch in the dvd during cobl right before they go into tye nxt song? My friend has it on their DVD as well.

DVD's will usually have 2 or more layers of information on the physical disc itself. When a movie (or concert) gets to about half way through, you will often notice a small skip while the DVD player switches to the second layer of information. Pay attention and you'll notice it on pretty much any DVD.

I haven't seen the Rose Bowl DVD to know what you're talking about, but I'm 90% sure that is what's going on. Your friend having the exact same occurrence at the exact same place would pretty much prove it. I'm sure most people with the DVD could verify that it happens on theirs too.

Yeah I remember seeing the layer skip (or whatever the official name for that is), I don't remember which songs it was between though but I'm sure it was probably where you say.

ok....thanks, I thought I had a damaged DVD until my friend played hers & it skipped in the same exact spot. I think what I have watched so far of the DVD is not bad. I have a copy of the RAW feed from youtube, so i was compare the (2) & see what was cut & what may have been added.

When Bono thanks the Albany crowd on ElevationBoston, and when he chastises the fan who throws the beer during AIWIY on ElevationSlane. Sucks to be a parent sometimes.

Never watched VertigoChicago all the way through, so don't know about that one....

I never noticed. Then again, I don't give a flying fuck about swearing. Pardon the pun. Kids are gonna hear those words on the streets anyway. I think it's better to teach them that they shouldn't use the words all the time than rather trying to prevent them from hearing it.

Same here. Although it does skip when played on my standalone DVD and Blu-ray player, the DVD-ROM drive on my laptop seem to play COBL just fine in its entirety. :huh:

I watched the DVD again last night and I felt like Adam's bass was heavily muffled. I could barely hear it. What audio settings would you recommend so I can fix this problem? I'm really missing the bass

That depends on how you're listening to it. If it's just your tv, then the sound will always be pretty crap, but stereo's the regular option. If you have a sound system, dolby 5.1 is usually pretty good, it sure was here.

So, in theory we in the States should start receiving our Super-duper Deluxe editions this week. :hyper:

Am impatiently waiting for an email from Live Nation.

I know - I'm surprised we haven't gotten cancellation emails. Are they really going to go through with their oops this time? :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom