Rate The Song: Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Song: Fire

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Today, we shall begin rating the first half of October.

Please rate Fire on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Also, if you have yet to do so, please vote in the still-opened polls for The Ocean, A Day Without Me, Another Time, Another Place, The Electric Co., and Shadows And Tall Trees.

Polls for Gloria, I Fall Down, I Threw A Brick Through A Window, and Rejoice are now open as well.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours. Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate it; I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Love the random guitar riffs and the drumming on this one. As always, crappy lyrics. 7 for me. Always wondered how I Threw A Brick Through A Window was played more than Fire. :shrug:

I think this one is where October starts to go wrong. It's not a terrible song, but there's something very ungainly and cheesy about it. I guess it's just the sound of U2 not quite finding themselves, yet. It's somehow made worse in that they tried to promote it as a single. (Wasn't Edge's story that they played this song on Top of the Pops, and then it sank down the charts immediately after?) And yes, terrible lyrics.

It's almost passable, but there was nothing on Boy that went as far into "mis-step" territory as this. I score a 5.

A 6 for me. I like it's counterpart 'Saturday Night' more than I like 'Fire'. However there is not much difference between the two except for lyrics and possibly more concentrated guitar riffs, but I think Saturday is more put together for a scrapped song.

This song kind of sucks. It has a really corny hook, dated production and never really takes off the way a lead single should. On the other hand, it is strangely catchy and the lyrics aren't THAT bad. I'll give it a 5.

Saturday Night I would give a 7 or 8.

Not one of my faves, not as powerful as I'm sure they inteded it to be.
Not a great single, but I'm judging it perhaps harshly against some of my favourite U2 songs.
Still gets an 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom