Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Amazon aquiring Zappos:
After a series of questions and answers in the e-mail sent out to Zappos employees it ends like this
: Can you talk like a lawyer now?

This email was sent on July 22, 2009. In connection with the proposed merger, Amazon.com will file a registration statement on Form S-4 with the Securities and Exchange Commission that will contain a consent solicitation/prospectus. Zappos' shareholders and investors are urged to carefully read the consent solicitation/prospectus when it becomes available and other relevant documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission regarding the proposed merger because they contain important information about Amazon.com, Zappos and the proposed merger. Shareholders and investors will be able to obtain the consent solicitation/prospectus when it becomes available at U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (Home Page) or Amazon.com Investor Relations: IR Home.

Certain statements contained in this email are not statements of historical fact and constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements reflect current expectations, are inherently uncertain and are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors. Factors that could cause future results to differ materially from expected results include those set forth in Amazon.com's Current Report on Form 8-K, dated July 22, 2009.

Q: Can you please stop?

okthxbye

:lol: at the last question.......greatest ending to a business announcement ever........

link to the whole e-mail
http://ow.ly/hWnP

Strong tornado parameters expected friday similar to the June 23rd 2004 outbreak. keep-up with the forecast.... don't play catch-up!
MKESkyWarn........on Twitter just posted that
:sigh: Goodbye Friday practice runs if that is true

Just for the record, being the weather geek I am, there were 17 tornados in WI that day

I suppose it would be wrong of me to reply something very rude to MKESkyWarn on Twitter.............Fine I'll think it instead!

NOAA has this postedAS STORMS BEGIN TO DEVELOP IN THE AFTERNOON...THEY WILL HAVE PLENTY
OF INSTABILITY...SHEAR...AND FORCING TO WORK WITH. IF THAT MESO LOW
DOES PAN OUT...0-1 KM SHEAR OF 30+ KNOTS SEEMS PLAUSIBLE WITH 0-6 KM
SHEAR OF 50 KNOTS. LONG...LOOPING HODOGRAPHS RESULT...FAVORING
STRONG SUPERCELLS WITH TORNADO POTENTIAL. STRONG TORNADO PARAMETERS
GREATER THAN 5 ALSO HIGHLY SUPPORT THIS.

WE RAN THE LOCAL SEVERE WEATHER CHECKLIST FOR THE NAM...GFS...AND
THE ECMWF AND THE RESULT CAME OUT IN THE HIGHEST CATEGORY FOR ALL
THREE MODELS...EVEN THE LOW INSTABILITY GFS. THIS SYSTEM CLOSELY
RESEMBLES THAT OF THE SEVERE WEATHER EVENT FROM JUNE 23 2004.
ADDED SEVERE WORDING TO THE GRIDS FOR LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND
FRIDAY EVENING.

I don't understand all the wording but get the gist that it is not good.

Goodbye day by myself at the lakefront, goodbye practice runs, goodbye yummy thai food I would have walked over to pick up afterwards and taken home.
Unless Mother Nature decides to be very kind and have this all miss us.

Possible change in times for the practice runs tomorrow due to weather..........was supposed to be 12-3 ish; now being mentioned as 9-12 :up:

Air show practice. It feels like Top Gun around downtown Milwaukee today.
half a minute ago from web

AlyshaSchertz RT @Twoaday: air show jets just arrived in Milwaukee Flew over our office just now too!
3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

twoaday air show jets just arrived in Milwaukee
4 minutes ago from twhirl

So :cool: !!!!!!!!!!

Air Show practice Firday 11-3 :yippie: So far the storms are after 4 and more in the 7-9 range.......this works!

Farvebraids.jpg

Tomorrow should be the day

Favre or practice day for a air show *weighs importance of both* Air show practice wins!

I just woke up :happy: Well actually my lazy ass got up at about 10 to feed the cat but then instead of getting ready for the day and walking around the lake I went back to bed. :|

Note to place of employment: Get the phones fixed

I am calling for my hours and the just rings and rings and rings and rings, well you get the idea :mad:

^So what did you end up eating?

Had to actually go over to store to get the hours.......fix the phones! There is no such thing as quickly running in

I hear that Favre has started a texting frenzy with the MN vikings players........."very aloof" was just the comment made about Favre by a sports reporter.

text no. email was a possibility.............but bridal show was going on so she is not sitting at her computer and I didn't want to risk it. I selectively give my cell # out to co-workers and ya know what? I haven't given that out since I gave it to R..........I still have R's cell # in my phone and can't bring myself to delete it.............
My e-mail is the same, the people who have it have quit or retired.

I was just cleaning out my texts and accidentally sent one out again to N and J..........:happy: Quickly sent a disregard message.
Time for bed.........:wave:

Really wish it was a sunny day............some pics are a wee *whitish*........I can live with it, though. I was amazed I got the T-birds in the frame :lol: Zoooooooooooom!

I got to go home early today because I had hours I had to flex out (no OT allowed). It was a good thing because I was exhausted and I feel like I'm coming down with something.

I really dislike small town politics. The 3 hour plus downtown re-development meeting last night at my rec center did nothing to change that. Right as I was microwaving my dinner I was asked to drive the mayor and the developers around on a tour in the city van. I was like - "but my frozen ravioli is almost ready!" - never get between me and food :reject:

Have fun at the fair if ya go, BLP94

Hope the ravioli was able to be eaten............have the mayor drive you while you eat and then take over.................no? Yeah, bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom