Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone listens to NPR, some of scambaiters I know are going to be featured on "This American Life". They sent two internet scammers on an epic journey, convincing them to go from Nigeria to Chad, where the lads stayed for 100 days.

This American Life

eta: The promo refers to the scammer as a "small time con man", but really this scammer has made thousands of dollars scamming people . . . and once he got back to Nigeria, he picked up right where he left off. So don't feel too sorry for him ;)

This damn game is killing me. 15 points worth of field goals? Come on Tavaris!!! :mad: I feel bad for my boy Adrian. He's done most of the work to get down the field but then #7 can't seem to throw a touchdown. :angry:

Neither the Vikings nor the Colts looked good today. The Colts just happened to be on top when time ran out.

Looking forward to the Cubs/Houston game tonight. Wise choice of Milwaukee for the game, since the park has a roof. It has been raining all day here, the tail end of Ike, I guess.

Close up on Brett swearing, nice timing.
I think it has let up raining here, finally *goes to check*
yep, it is drying up nicely

There's something wrong with Roxy. She's clearly not feeling well by the way she's acting. My sister's friend is a vet tech so they've been on the phone a few times about her. She said to wait and see how she is tomorrow before calling the vet. :(

I went to Williams Sonoma today to finally use part of my graduation gift card. I thought for sure I was going to buy the pumpkin loaf pan but then decided it wasn't as cute as last years. I think I'll try to find that one on ebay. But I did buy 3 items I've had my eye on for a long time......the harvest collection cookie cutters (I've wanted those for years but couldn't bring myself to spend $17 of 4 tiny cookie cutters), a long tart pan, and a tea cake pan. Plus I was able to get a professional discount :love: I still have over half my card left :drool:

We also went to the Apple store to drool over the new ipods. I LOVE the new colors. I have enough apple $ to use towards an iphone but I can't justify cancelling my current plan and paying the fee to end it early plus spend an additional $20+ a month on a new plan. Maybe if I made just a wee bit more an hour or got a second job I'd consider it. Now that the price on iphones have gone down it's really tempting. But then there goes most of my apple $ towards my new mac. But that seems so out of reach at this point anyways......

There's something wrong with Roxy. She's clearly not feeling well by the way she's acting. My sister's friend is a vet tech so they've been on the phone a few times about her. She said to wait and see how she is tomorrow before calling the vet. :(
:(
sending well wishes out to Roxy

smart shopping and new colors of ipods :up:
I saw the commercial earlier today from apple :cool:

vacation :heart:

I automatically woke up at 5 this morning :grumpy:
Turned over, pulled up the covers (it was 51 degrees) and snuggled back into a comfy position

I'll say it again:
vacation :heart:

How is Roxy?

Roxy is not well. :sad: She's going to the vet this afternoon. Even Lily is worried. She was sitting on me :| while I was trying to sleep so I told her to go in the living room and sit with Roxy. She did. WTF. Since when does a cat understand you enough to do something like that, and on the first time you say it?

Roxy is not well. :sad: She's going to the vet this afternoon. Even Lily is worried. She was sitting on me :| while I was trying to sleep so I told her to go in the living room and sit with Roxy. She did. WTF. Since when does a cat understand you enough to do something like that, and on the first time you say it?

Good thoughts to you and Roxy. I think they *know* when something is wrong. :hug:

I tell ya, cats are intuitive

Found that out first hand with the neighbors cat...........it would spend ridiculous amounts of time sleeping on our bench and on our steps when I was recovering from the broken leg. Freakish. Muffin still comes around but not like before.

Hope all goes well at the vet today, let us know :hug:

Off to find some motivation to clean up this first class disaster of a mess

wow.

found out about Yost getting fired in Backstreets while nosing around for Springsteen stuff.

wow.

not even letting him finish out the season.

wow.

this morning on the radio the guys were discussing how to approach their weekly Yost interview...................."what the hell has happened, Ned?" was one approach.

no interview now

Neither the Vikings nor the Colts looked good today. The Colts just happened to be on top when time ran out.

I was just glad the Colts won as the entire city of Indianapolis wrote them off after the week 1 loss. I really didn't want to have to pull out my "At least Patriots fans are loyal!" retort.

Zambrano pitched a no-no! :hyper: If my Red Sox truly decide to hand the season over to Tampa Bay, I am all Cubbies for the post season.

If we somehow end up with a Red Sox/Cubs World Series my head will explode. It's in my nature to cheer for cursed teams. And for the Red Sox. :crack:

where am I?

Cubbies playing here and the "we have fired Ned Yost" press conference being held in Chicago

:confused:

I feel sorry for the Astros having to play in a easily cubified* area

*new word and I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom