Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Lord, Laz. That's awful. I still have all four wisdom teeth, and I'll probably keep them because they're quite happy where they are. (I won't mention my great teeth. Even my dentist is impressed.)

I'm still excited about the possibility of a new U2 record within the next year.

Lanois Tells Reporter: New U2 Album 'Amazing' and 'Big'

So Lanois has heard the new U2 album. He likes it as it is. He's not diving in or making suggestions. There really does seem to be a finished U2 album out there that was produced by Danger Mouse and it's May. Somebody talk me down, I'm starting to get my hopes up for an album this year.
Is this really surprising to you? Most people were expecting an album later this year I think. I was anyway.

And lol at the Achtung Baby comment. It's always the same though I must say the band has been quiet so far.

Ok, has anyone else heard this How to Destroy Angels album? Am I crazy, or halfway through did it completely switch from an industrial ambient album to an early 90s-trip-hop/house/whatever it is Moby does album?

No Age return with new album An Object on August 19 in the UK and August 20 in North America through Sub Pop.

An Object:
01 No Ground
02 I won’t Be Your Generator
03 C’mon Stimmung
04 Defector/ed
05 An Impression
06 Lock Box
07 Running From A-Go-Go
08 My Hands, Birch and Steel
09 Circling With Dizzy
10 A Ceiling Dreams of a Floor
11 Commerce, Comment, Commence

No Age Announce New Album An Object | News | Pitchfork

I've never been so traumatized in my entire life. Like I felt it was never going to end.

The last time I had major dental work it felt like an act of violence was going down in my mouth. Finally, I thought it was all over - all the heavy metal amalgams were gone and I felt so happy with my new clean, white, perfect teeth for a couple of years - but recently I started noticing my teeth are shifting, at a rather alarming rate. Apparently I clench my teeth in my sleep. The night guard isn't doing shit to stop the shifting so now I'm facing adult orthodontics, having had straight teeth from the moment they appeared. I've been fitted for Invisalign and keep procrastinating on it.

That's right, folks, I'm going to buy a house, a car and get orthodontics in the same year, and then I'm going to retire in debtors' prison with my beautiful teeth.

Lanois Tells Reporter: New U2 Album 'Amazing' and 'Big'

So Lanois has heard the new U2 album. He likes it as it is. He's not diving in or making suggestions. There really does seem to be a finished U2 album out there that was produced by Danger Mouse and it's May. Somebody talk me down, I'm starting to get my hopes up for an album this year.

We're at the crest of the rollercoaster's big drop.

Buckle up, everybody.

At this point, I feel any more tampering with Mercy is going to get even further away from the version I love. Unless DangerMouse was like "you gotta put the bridge back in!", but that's a big "if". Would prefer it to remain a legendary outtake--most artists have a couple of those; Dylan has like 15.

th

The funniest thing I've read on twitter was from Jenny Johnson and it said "wouldn't it be messed up if we all found out Greek yogurt was really just John Stamos' jizz?"

I'm not quite ready to ride the hype train, but I think I finally like a song by Vampire Weekend--Diane Young. :up:

Listen, we all know JT is a nuisance at best and a destroyer of lives at worst. However, like any foe, he has his achilles heel. If you ever want to get rid of him, just use this:

He'll head for the fucking hills within 10 seconds.

Laz, sorry about your dental woes. I've had a few dentistry issues myself, with more on the horizon. Fucking nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom