Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Joanna Newsom's music and she's pretty hot but damn she sounds like a cartoon character. Lisa Simpson would be my best guess.

I've said this many times, but this is the only sport which can be referred to as football.

Hawthorn v Geelong - Final 2 minutes (Round 19, 2012) - AFL - YouTube

The others are called soccer, rugby and gridiron.

The consensus is

Lindsay Bluth looks fucking weird now

I think she looks hotter than ever, but I'm finding I'm less invested in her character, which is a shame. I'm also really annoyed by the amount of narration from Ron Howard. But I'm definitely enjoying it.

The consensus is

Lindsay Bluth looks fucking weird now

I thought it was a different actress at first.

I've only watched the first four episodes but she's definitely one of the characters whose characterization is still right on, which is more than I can say for Michael. He's too wacky these days.

After Dark 2 BNM'd, which seems to have been the consensus among the IDIB aficionados around here too. Now let's get some kind of physical copy up for sale, Mr. Jewel.

And while you're at it, how about finally putting up all the stuff that has said "coming soon" on the IDIB store for months?

1) Who the hell is Deafheaven?

2) Why is the lead "singer" screaming bloody murder over this fantastic music?

Rumors abound today, folks.

* Chris Martin visits studio

* guitars brought to studio

* shopping for props for supposed video shoot in studio

1) Who the hell is Deafheaven?

2) Why is the lead "singer" screaming bloody murder over this fantastic music?

1. One of the leading "blackgaze" bands.

2. Because most blackgaze bands draw on black metal vocals rather than following the Alcest/Les Discrets route.

Anyway, I'm glad Deafheaven have achieved at least some of the potential indicated on Roads to Judah. I'd like them to incorporate clean vocals, but this is so far one of the best metal or shoegaze albums of the year.

But they weren't metal vocals (which are also horrible) they were the most insufferable screamo vocals I have ever experienced in my life.

Still, the music alone is well worth the listen.

Deafheaven's album is cool. The dude screaming about nothing in the background is unfortunate but it doesn't destroy the album for me.

This DuVall character does quite a good impression. The last album was not bad at all.

I'm glad to hear it, I've been so into grunge in general lately that I've really been wanting to listen to the new album, but was afraid it wouldn't be even close to the same.

Back
Top Bottom