Random Music Talk XXXI: Rapture? I Hardly Met Her

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some nice suburbs near Cleveland, though the city itself is a shithole.

Well, having lived there for nearly twenty years of my life, I would say that is not entirely accurate. Like any other mid-size city, it has its gentrified areas and its depressed areas. It really depends on what area you saw. Certain areas of any city would qualify as a shit-hole.

I think I've forgotten how to listen to music without an iPod. What are these shiny discs in plastic cases again? :scratch:

It really restored my faith in the band; I enjoyed every single song live. We ended up walking to The Whiskey Bar after the show and catching a cab sometime after 1:00.

It's funny - you can talk all sorts of shit about setlists and whatnot, but you get to a show and you're all "fuck it, this is awesome."

And hey, Whiskey Bar! I know that place.

There was a crazy fifty-something Dutch couple right behind us, dancing wildly, bumping into people, drumming on my back, boosting themselves on my shoulders to pogo. I know they were annoying a lot of people, but I had just enough beer in me to find them entertaining. They even gave me and my friend big hugs during MOS.

I never did manage to hook up with any Interferencers. Hopefully next tour...

Ha! Crazy concert people. Gotta love 'em. (Because if you don't, you'll end up punching them, and then you'll get thrown out and miss the show.)

Sorry I missed meeting you. Had no idea I'd get on the outer rail by waltzing in at 5:00. BOO-YA.

Joyful, you were at SLC? I wish I'd known, I'd have come to say Hi or something.

I missed that, I was back in the 250-300 range.

No, sorry, I thought you were talking about last night in Seattle, which is what I was talking about.

Sorry I missed meeting you. Had no idea I'd get on the outer rail by waltzing in at 5:00. BOO-YA.

Yep, this was the secret strategy I accidentally discovered in Denver but didn't really believe it would work in Seattle. :doh:

So glad it did for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom