Random Music Talk LXXXI: Now with special V.I.P.-level option ($450)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy in the Sonic commercials was once shot because he said Garden State's soundtrack was "indietastic".

For the record, I don't dislike Garden State, nor do I dislike Zach Braff or want to punch his face. I just think it's a tacky douche move

Strawman? What are you talking about?

Acting like the incentives are all really expensive or worthless. $100 gets you into an advance screening in one of like 8 major cities with Braff introducing and doing a Q&A. Or you could pay $30 and be able to stream one of the screenings and Q&As. If someone is a fan of this guy that's not ridiculous at all.

Inbetween those prices you get clothing, artwork, etc.

I'm all for it if it's more of the same.

If you can get past Braff himself (he's not obnoxious in the film, esp. compared to Portman), you might like Garden State a lot.

I think I'm about 200% more likely to see it just because Natalie Portman is in it, regardless of how annoying she may me.

The guy in the Sonic commercials was once shot because he said Garden State's soundtrack was "indietastic".

Sudgefan. Stivvins.

Acting like the incentives are all really expensive or worthless. $100 gets you into an advance screening in one of like 8 major cities with Braff introducing and doing a Q&A. Or you could pay $30 and be able to stream one of the screenings and Q&As. If someone is a fan of this guy that's not ridiculous at all.

Inbetween those prices you get clothing, artwork, etc.

Cobbo brought up both of those incentives, so I addressed them

I think I'm about 200% more likely to see it just because Natalie Portman is in it, regardless of how annoying she may me.

I personally didn't find her annoying, though some people did. I thought she was great stepping out of her comfort zone and having some fun with a role.

For the record, I don't dislike Garden State, nor do I dislike Zach Braff or want to punch his face. I just think it's a tacky douche move

I agree with you. Kickstarters made by celebrities pretty much always rub me the wrong way. Kickstarters made by non-celebrities usually do too, but I'm sure that just had to do with ones I've seen people I know try to push. I liked Garden State quite a bit, but probably haven't seen it since 2004 or 2005.

I wanted to punch his face in scrubs. I hated that show. The janitor was the only remotely amusing part. Or maybe I just liked him cos the character seemed to share my desire to punch jd in the face.

After scanning the Garden State wiki page, I don't even get how this is a sequel. It's about a struggling actor, but its a different protagonist and apparently has none of the same characters. Sounds like a lazy rehash more than a sequel.

If it's not a sequel and just the movie he released after Garden State, he should probably make that clear.

He made it clear on the kickstarter video. In the same tone.

I wanted to punch his face in scrubs. I hated that show. The janitor was the only remotely amusing part. Or maybe I just liked him cos the character seemed to share my desire to punch jd in the face.

Surely you liked Kelso as well?

When I swing my swords, they all choppable

295349_10151449815346843_227335576_n.jpg

If Natty has ever been even remotely close to annoying in any of her film roles, or in any aspect of her life, I'd love to know what the fuck planet we're on. It's a true impossibility.

She's good in the movie, and is easily the most memorable part of it.

If Natty has ever been even remotely close to annoying in any of her film roles, or in any aspect of her life, I'd love to know what the fuck planet we're on. It's a true impossibility.

Yeah I didn't think so. She instantly makes anything more likable, including the Lonely Island.

This thread is probably the most attention Braff has gotten anywhere on the internet in the last half-decade.

I gave money to the Veronica Mars movie because I love the show and realistically it's the only way a movie was going to be made. I am getting some cool stuff out if it (at least imo) and the feeling of contributing to something I want to happen.
Yes it sucks that movie studios and stars with "millions" of dollars don't want to use some or all of their own money to finance these projects but that is the reality of the entertainment industry right now.

OK, music going better so far today, I always forget that Travis has a Rhapsody subscription. Neon Neon first :hyper:

GAF, I haven't watched these videos yet, but I promise, I will get to them soon. I want to start a band right now so bad, I can't even tell you. Recording that one verse for The Jack Nicholson Party changed me.

Guys, this Neon Neon album is too much good stuff. With the Oblivion Soundtrack, I am in old 80s movie soundtrack heaven.

Anyone familiar with House of Love, I would highly suggest listening to their new album. Seriously, it sounds like pretty much everything else they've ever released, which is a good thing.

Anyone unfamiliar with House of Love, please go listen to their two self-titled albums, posthaste, kthx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom