Random Music Talk LVIII: The Moon And Antarctica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you dare imply that you guys are only paying $35 to see Radiohead.

I'll do more than imply it:

Pit : G.A. Standing Room/No Seats!
US $69.50
US $69.50 Ticket + US $14.50 Fees =
US $84.00

Second Pavilion Seating
US $39.50 - US $69.50
US $39.50 Ticket + US $12.35 Fees =
US $51.85
US $84.00

First Pavilion Seating
US $39.50 - US $69.50
US $51.85
US $84.00

General Admission Lawn
US $39.50
US $51.85

So, realistically it's $50 after bastard fees.

Now, is this a friend you're angry with for vomiting, or a friend who vomits regularly and you're angry with them for something else entirely?

He is throwing up all over our hotel room. We are going to get damage charges because his dumbass started a vodka chugging contest. Spent the last two hours keeping him from getting arrested. I am tired and miserable.

Dumbass friend is a dumbass. Make him pay for the damage charges.

bono_212 said:
I'll do more than imply it:

Pit : G.A. Standing Room/No Seats!
US $69.50
US $84.00

Second Pavilion Seating
US $39.50 - US $69.50
US $51.85
US $84.00

First Pavilion Seating
US $39.50 - US $69.50
US $51.85
US $84.00

General Admission Lawn
US $39.50
US $51.85

So, realistically it's $50 after bastard fees.

We're paying $150 after fees :censored:

I was feeling like watching a Beat Takeshi movie tonight, and I remembered that Lance posted a trailer for a newer one some time ago, so I did a search for it and found it (it's called Outrage, but that's neither here nor there), but I also noticed this, which I didn't click on the first time around:

u2popmofo said:
Lance (or any other Takeshi fannies), have you ever seen this music video? One of my favs.

And holy shit, I really liked that song. Is that one off or is he generally good?

What's wrong with Ben Stiller?

Increasing levels of unfunniness over the years.

He is throwing up all over our hotel room. We are going to get damage charges because his dumbass started a vodka chugging contest. Spent the last two hours keeping him from getting arrested. I am tired and miserable.

Well, I guess better vomiting now than alcohol poisoning.

/killjoy

I sang Goodbye Yellow Brick Road at karaoke last night, and I learned two things:

a) parts of it are a lot lower than I ever thought while singing along in my car;

and

b) there were two lines in each verse that completely stumped me. I had no idea what notes to sing each time. That's so embarrassing.

Disintegration is such an awesome song. And I'm seeing The Cure live in 25 days!

Neil Young ending his new one, Americana, with God Save The Queen is the reason I love him. Fucking hilarious.

It's not "great," but it's a great time. Some old friends running through American folk standards, doing their thing. Every song sounds like it belongs on Ragged Glory. A lot of bloat, a lot of laughs, some really amusing banter between tracks. I'd give it an even 7.

I'm sure this has probably been discussed already to some degree, but the Father John Misty record is simply fantastic.

Did I ever mention what I thought of Fear Fun? It's pretty good. I like the lyrics, I think they're a refreshing change of pace from Fleet Foxes' usual trees/streams/mountains/beards thing. I like both Fleet Foxes albums more, but they're not really comparable anyway. Tillman's a lot more straightforward and loose, and nowhere near as ethereal.

Gotta hand it to Peter Hook as one of the few bassists in pop music with a truly distinctive tone and style. The guy can really drive a song, as on "Sunrise." Damn, what a bassline on that song.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go see Yeasayer at the end of August.

I like both their albums and totally love 2080 off the first. Am definitely picking up their next ... not sure if that equals "band I want to see" or not.

Sometimes I'm finicky. Especially for a weeknight show.

Tickets to The xx shows can only be bought through a ballot... I signed up, so fingers crossed. They're also playing one of the biggest indoor venues that's not an arena in Melbourne, which I thought is a bit odd.

I should probably get around to listening to the debut, hey...

I sang that once with an orchestra. Made me really effing glad I'm not a soprano. Beethoven must have hated them, making them sing constantly above the staff. Ouch.

Has anyone else seen that documentary about the making of Graceland? It was on A&E and I think it's included in the 25th anniversary reissue that comes out this week (?).

I thought it was fascinating, and loved the footage of the recording sessions. Interesting to see the recap of the political fallout with the UN cultural boycott at the time and whatnot.

I only recently became aware of the brouhaha over Simon supposedly stealing some music from Los Lobos for the album (or not crediting them, but same thing, really). I wasn't surprised to not see that mentioned here, but it's something I think about now when I hear the album. It doesn't make me like it any less.

But anyway, I know what I'll be listening to on the way to work tomorrow!

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it took me until the 3rd paragraph to realize you weren't talking about Elvis's home Graceland, but a Paul Simon album.

Elvis' Graceland has been around longer than 25 years. :wink:

I like the album, but it's a little goofy and dated at times. I have to be in a giddy mood to properly appreciate it. Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes is my favorite track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom