Random Music Talk LVIII: The Moon And Antarctica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, mentioning Mellencamp made me look at my CD shelves, and I was surprised I had five of his albums. But I can't find Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky, which I remember owning. It was a little controversial at the time because he worked with a "dance" producer for a good number of the tracks. BEFORE SHUTTLECOCK.

This was the lead single, and I still think it's a great pop track:

John Mellencamp "Key West Intermezzo live - YouTube

What really shocked me is his last album, No Better Than This.

John Mellencamp + Americana = Pleasant Surprise

beck.jpg

Crappy cell phone pic, but there it is with my Are You Experienced? remaster. Found out they picked Randy's 'cause the B Side is a song called "Blue Randy".

If anyone's interested, I can tell them about Dan Dan The Butt-Crack Man and various other Tales From The Queue. My friend and I ended up being 9th and 10th in line, so that was cool and eased my fears about possibly not getting one.

Did I really just see a preview with Ben Stiller and Jonah Hill as the stars? Are they looking to make the least funny movie in history?

Did I really just see a preview with Ben Stiller and Jonah Hill as the stars? Are they looking to make the least funny movie in history?

Oh, yeah, I think I saw a commercial for that. It looked horrible.

What's wrong with Ben Stiller?

And have you not seen trailers for any of the myriad offensively awful movies Adam Sandler has put out since Happy Gilmore?

My issue is really more with Jonah Hill, who suffers from the "fat is automatically funny" fallacy. I've never seen a movie I liked with Ben Stiller, but I'm no film connoisseur, either.

Adam Sandler's next movie where he plays Andy Samberg's dad looks, for lack of a better word, retarded.

The movie he did with Jennifer Aniston was alright, but I gotta agree, the last good movie he did was probably 50 First Dates.

I do love scotch. Who said that, Ron Burgundy? I also love St. Vincent. Impy was right when he said that the "fucked you up" part in the live versions of Strange Mercy is one of the hottest things ever.

Do our gay ballet on ice.

I do love scotch. Who said that, Ron Burgundy? I also love St. Vincent. Impy was right when he said that the "fucked you up" part in the live versions of Strange Mercy is one of the hottest things ever.

I had a feeling you were drunk. This sort of posting is normal for me, GAF and a few others, but it's downright insanity coming from you. :lol:

I never had the pleasure of hanging out with drunk iYup. I was two weeks from 21 the last time I saw him.

This sort of posting is normal for me, GAF and a few others, but it's downright insanity coming from you. :lol:

Also, this is probably the first time that GAF and I have ever been mentioned in the same sentence. :lol:

I figured he was drunk, too, but just tried to roll with it.

I have no excuse for missing St. Vincent. Wasn't sure if I could afford the tickets, so I put it off. Just some real amateur shit all around.

That's why I'm not bailing on Radiohead/Caribou. Gig of the year for me so far, I'd think.

That Radiohead concert is tempting. I'm just not feeling the huge concerts anymore, though. The intimacy of gigs I've seen recently has really spoiled me. Looking back, though, those In Rainbows shows with Bat for Lashes as the opener likely would have been my dream concert. That pairing is sublime.

iron yuppie said:
That Radiohead concert is tempting. I'm just not feeling the huge concerts anymore, though. The intimacy of gigs I've seen recently has really spoiled me. Looking back, though, those In Rainbows shows with Bat for Lashes as the opener likely would have been my dream concert. That pairing is sublime.

Come on, man. I'm sure your gig lecturing on the expressionist touchstones of the Weimar Republic left you with $35 to throw down for a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom