Random Music Talk LIX: (but doesn't suck)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
That Sugarland stage collapse - that was pretty big news, wasn't it? And that was here in the States. I think most of the other collapses were in Europe? Am I remembering that right?.
Yeah there was one big collapse here at Pukkelpop last summer due to a storm. Four people were killed then.

Sad news.

Sad stuff :( are you getting another concert, jt? Thank goodness it didn't happen a few hours later though, yes

OK, I have to ask. How did you previously think donuts were cooked?

Next time you're in the states, you need to visit a Krispy Kreme so you can watch the donuts float by in the giant vat of oil.

I guess I thought it was dough, glazed and put in an oven. I had no idea they were deep-fried, seriously.

We've got Krispy Kremes here. I don't go often though cos I've got a savoury tooth.

Side note - I originally wrote Krispy Kreme's - but that's not correct is it?

This comment from him made my day: "Do you have any dignity as a man?" I haven't laughed so hard in a long while. I think we can all agree that there is absolutely no dignity to be had in posting on the internet. :lol:

Yes, that was gold.

I've never seen anyone on this forum so convinced they're right when they're talking about something so unimportant/irrelevant/boring that they're wrong about anyway.

I'd say that if you're going back to a sound that has already run it's course, then yes, it is necessary. Otherwise you're just piggybacking off a stagnant genre. It also comes across as a little parasitic

This has never bothered me at all. It might be my favourite of the year so far.

I just saw bizarro cobbler in Toronto. That's even worse news

Haha, please explain!

That's a new level of awful I didn't even know existed.

Do any of you guys know about this Needle Drop dude? For some reason I've watched quite a few of his reviews. I'm really not sure why. He's become pretty popular.

Then I found out he gave a Skrillex album a 7/10, and Dark Twisted Fantasy 6/10, and I've refused to watch a clip since.

One of the very few times that I think you can genuinely say a music critic is objectively wrong.

In case you check in here and haven't heard JT, from Twitter:

"Wow. @waynecoyne of Flaming Lips just invited all Radiohead members and crew to join them at their show at Yonge and Dundas tonight."
"Ok so I have it on good authority that radiohead are now playing at yonge and dundas sq after flaming lips. For free."

Retweeted by The Future Heart, a Lips fan site.

Edit, false rumour, says Toronto Police. Woulda been pretty kewl.

cobl04 said:
In case you check in here and haven't heard JT, from Twitter:

"Wow. @waynecoyne of Flaming Lips just invited all Radiohead members and crew to join them at their show at Yonge and Dundas tonight."
"Ok so I have it on good authority that radiohead are now playing at yonge and dundas sq after flaming lips. For free."

Retweeted by The Future Heart, a Lips fan site.

Edit, false rumour, says Toronto Police. Woulda been pretty kewl.

Been reporting long, Cobbler?

I can't imagine any of them feel like playing tonight.

... but if that had turned out to be true and actually had happened? Cooooooooooooool. Possibly completely horrible, but cool.

cobl04 said:
I thought he meant once he'd heard the Radiohead gig was cancelled he elected to pass on the Lips gig and his girlfriend went.

That's true. The flaming lips show is free

Jive Turkey said:
Don't like them

I would like to agree here. I find them massively overrated.

Also, I loved your comment on my photo right after my 60 year old aunt commented on it. Ass Dan is definitely a reference she did not understand.

PhilsFan said:
Also, I loved your comment on my photo right after my 60 year old aunt commented on it. Ass Dan is definitely a reference she did not understand.

Hahaha perfect

For the last few days, I'd been wondering, in an irreverent sort of fashion, if The Edge would wear a beanie to his mother's funeral.

He did.

Maybe he took it off in the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom