Random Music Talk LIX: (but doesn't suck)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm slipping when I find out one of my favorite bands released a new album 2 days after it came out. :huh:

Real (unfortunate) customer data used in creating a test file for a new courier today..... Family name: "Sithole", Street name: "Gaylard Road"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that music taste in EYKIW can be broken down as follows:

U2 doing exactly what I personally want them to do = good music
U2 doing anything but exactly what I want them to do = bad music

Does that sound right?

When your knowledge of music only extends as far as U2, bands that have opened for U2, and U2 soundalikes, you aren't going to know how to react if they step outside of the box.

Good Lord, I handed in essays in college shorter than some of those posts in the Boner Apologetics thread.

I believe it was iYup who previously said that when posters start claiming to have some special insight about the band members motivations, the discussion has gone off the rails. Amen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that music taste in EYKIW can be broken down as follows:

Does that sound right?

I'm finding it's not even that nuanced. It's more like:

The songs I like are correct.
The songs you like are wrong.

Good Lord, I handed in essays in college shorter than some of those posts in the Boner Apologetics thread.

I believe it was iYup who previously said that when posters start claiming to have some special insight about the band members motivations, the discussion has gone off the rails. Amen.

I just realized how I opened and closed that post. I guess you could say I turned my post into a prayer. Next thing you know I'll be dreaming out loud.

cobbler, what the fuck man? My brain :(

Wow that's retarded :lol:

In case any of you are unfamiliar with the trumpet player who guest stars on I Still Haven't Found Cock I'm Looking for on SC22, it's Hugh Masekela, a South African musician who's best known for this classic track:

Grazing in the Grass - Hugh Masekela - YouTube

So good. Really cool that Shuttlecock had him appear; quite a change from the usual guest appearance.

I want them thongs.

Does that sound right?

Pretty much.

They (and any other artist, for that matter) can do whatever the hell they want to musically, I say. If I like it, great, if I don't, well, that happens sometimes. Not the end of the world.

I'm going to need to go back through this thread and give some of these songs a listen here.

WOW DB, I have sigquoted you. That post was amazing.

cobl04 said:
To be fair, this is exactly some of us in here post too...

The ones Christgau likes are right.
The ones Christgau dislikes are wrong.

:wink:

The onlu Hugh Masekela I have at the moment are the singles he did on Motown (or rather, one of its sublabels) in the early Seventies. Nice stuff, but I might need to check out some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom