Random Music Talk L: I Have A Dreamsicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I tripped over the ledge and Travis' foot getting out of his way.

I found Parenthetical Girls to be pretty rock, tbh, but I'm expecting different on record.

Got a whiff of pot finally. I think everyone experienced Parenthetical Girls the wrong way.

I wonder if Budweiser sponsors Lo$ Campe$inos.

LemonMelon said:
Got a whiff of pot finally. I think everyone experienced Parenthetical Girls the wrong way.

I wonder if Budweiser sponsors Lo$ Campe$inos.

Clearly it's Miller Lite. We're in Wrigleyville, man. :wink:

iron yuppie said:
Clearly it's Miller Lite. We're in Wrigleyville, man. :wink:

I had no idea where the hell the Metro was. It's good, because literally every restaurant/bar/hooker is offering parking.

bono_212 said:
... The Boy is Mine? I'm not sure we're at the right show.

Brandy and Monica :rockon:

Ha, it sounds like "Love Don't Cost a Thing" from my angle. Must be the same chord progression.

Doing two nights in Austin means they have to stay here at least one of those nights.

Challenge accepted.

I have to seriously question the sanity of a band that wouldn't play a song as good as In Medias Res if they had such a song in their catalog. Otherwise though, great show.

all the engineering students at pretty much every Canadian university dye their skin purple head to toe with medical dye
yikes.

Aside from In My Tribe, however, I cannot take very much of Merchant's voice in one sitting. She has one of the most irritating voices I've ever heard from a singer. It's like she's got this just-slightly-underpitch thing going on at all times.

I don't really feel as strongly about her voice as I used to, but there was a time when it was just nails on a chalkboard. Probably when that Kind and Generous (Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Na Na naaaa, Na na na naaaa) song was everywhere.
yeah, agreed. i haven't heard a lot of 10,000 maniacs' stuff, but what i've heard was good.

and god yes, that song. i didn't care much for wonder either, for reasons i can't explain. i liked carnival better, i guess because it didn't get overplayed as much. i can't think of any other of her solo songs at the moment though, but i remember vh1 played the crap out of her stuff.

oh and of course, i hope everything works out with your car! like you said, it'd be great if it showed up tomorrow and was still driveable, but if that isn't the case, i hope your insurance decides it's worth enough where you could file the claim. :)

That was a motherfucker of a show. They played some of the sad bastard music from Hello Sadness, much to the pacing's detriment, but overall it packed a real punch. Great energy, great crowd. I don't feel comfortable listing an order, but I'm 100% sure we got the following:

By Your Hand
Romance Is Boring
Death To Los Campesinos!
Heat Rash
There Are Listed Buildings
Songs About Your Girlfriend
Straight In At 101
To Tundra
The Black Bird, The Dark Slope
You! Me! Dancing!
The Sea...
Hello Sadness
Death Rattle
Miserabilia
Sweet Dreams, Sweet Cheeks

Waaaaay too short a gig; 18 or so songs in about 70 minutes. But hey, Coldplay is pulling that shit and charging 5 times Los Camp.

Also, after the gig, Ashley and I provided iYup with a feast fit for a man well-read in Lordship.

May 11th. St Vincent. The sequel.

That was a motherfucker of a show. They played some of the sad bastard music from Hello Sadness, much to the pacing's detriment, but overall it packed a real punch. Great energy, great crowd. I don't feel comfortable listing an order, but I'm 100% sure we got the following:

By Your Hand
Romance Is Boring
Death To Los Campesinos!
Heat Rash
There Are Listed Buildings
Songs About Your Girlfriend
Straight In At 101
To Tundra
The Black Bird, The Dark Slope
You! Me! Dancing!
The Sea...
Hello Sadness
Death Rattle
Miserabilia
Sweet Dreams, Sweet Cheeks

Waaaaay too short a gig; 18 or so songs in about 70 minutes. But hey, Coldplay is pulling that shit and charging 5 times Los Camp.

That and the fact that Coldplay are a bunch of weak sisters.

That's a damn solid setlist, although a shame only one track from WABWAD getting played. They're hitting all the good songs from the new album and none of the clunkers, so good editing on their part.

Of course, no In Media Res or This Is A Flag, but I've already given up on those.

So to break it down:

Youngster: 3
WABWAD: 1
Romance: 5
Sadness: 6

To Tundra > The Black Bird KILLED the flow. Just to put into perspective how well the crowd received Los Camp: there was a mosh pit happening within 5 minutes. Romance Is Boring was fucking nuts. That being said, those two tracks silenced the crowd for a while.

Then they whipped out the Budweiser song and everything was OK.

Miserabilia is awesome.

Also, WABWAD was played at some point but I can't remember when.

Yeah, in the middle of the set. That was the highlight for me. The crowd was phenomenal, and the venue was perfect for them. Maybe for St. Vincent you will be able to have a beer. :wink:

iron yuppie said:
Yeah, in the middle of the set. That was the highlight for me. The crowd was phenomenal, and the venue was perfect for them. Maybe for St. Vincent you will be able to have a beer. :wink:

Yeah, I felt like I was missing out not spilling beer all over myself during You! Me! Dancing! Everybody else was.

I dunno about beer during St. Vincent though

CRUUUEEUEUEUEUEEEELLLLL
CRUEEEEUUUUEEELLLL
FUCK ME THIS IS GREAT
That skinny curly-haired chick is HOT
TAKE IT OFFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom