Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude is a massive talent, breath of fresh air in the genre, and breaking ground all the time. He absolutely deserves to be praised as highly as he is. We can't live in the past and act like another Jazz great will ever emerge.

I'm sorry you can't be as cool and contrarian as Meme_Again.

Cause he is.

Dude is a massive talent, breath of fresh air in the genre, and breaking ground all the time. He absolutely deserves to be praised as highly as he is. We can't live in the past and act like another Jazz great will ever emerge.

Totally agree. I can’t think of a jazz artist in my time following music closely who has commanded such attention and across-the-aisle respect.

For such an established genre, it was almost like there will never be another huge breakthrough. It even became a bit of a joke thanks to Kenny G. Kamasi is changing all of that.

He and his band are fucking astonishing live, too.

Also, Who's Next is fucking fantastic as well. Particularly the extended version, which has tracks leftover from the aborted Lifehouse project like Pure & Easy, Naked Eye, Water.

The U2 radio station has done an unexpected thing: Got me to listen to E Street Radio more. As a result, today I found out that pro audio exists of the St. Louis show I went to in 2008. As a result of THAT, I now know you can buy select Springsteen shows, and lo and behold, that St. Louis show is the only one from 2008 available. $13 to relive the greatest concert experience of my life in lossless? Sure.

Bauhaus' last album released 10 years ago. Crazy, time flies. Endless Summer of the Damned is one of my favorite tracks of theirs.

Every time I hear Billy Joel’s “The Way You Are” I’m transported back to the Mervyn’s department store my mother shopped at in the 80s.

We Asked Americans What They Know About Australia

Yeah, Australians seem more ready for violence. There’s a lot of fights and a lot of over-drinking. I’ve heard from friends that’s it’s a normal thing for people to go out and then just fight each other. I also saw the commercials for the “coward punch.”

Oh, and I imagine there’s a lot of ketamine in Australia because the majority of ketamine addicts I’ve met are Australians.

:hyper:

Let's Eat Grandma, BNM.

I_told_you_so.jpg

Last edited:
Cobbler found his American Soul.

Where's your American Soul Mack?

Some days TPAB I think could be the best hip-hop album ever.

Can’t remember the last time I got through either The Blacker the Berry or How Much a Dollar Cost without being moved to tears.

i think in 10 years TPAB will be spoken about in the same breath as illmatic, ready to die, 36 chambers, paid in full, or any other "top 5" hip hop album.

i think in 10 years TPAB will be spoken about in the same breath as illmatic, ready to die, 36 chambers, paid in full, or any other "top 5" hip hop album.

I hope so. It is already firmly in that bracket for me.

I'd say my top five is:

1. Aquemini
2. Madvillainy
3. MBDTF
4. TPAB
5. 36 Chambers

Big rec:

Aboriginal Australian artist who it looks like has just released her debut album...?

It came up randomly after I'd queued up Black Beatles. I love when stuff like this happens.

1. Illmatic
2. Aquemini
3. MBDTF
4. GKMC
5. TPAB
6. Madvillainy
7. Late Registration
8. Paul's Boutique
9. Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
10. We Got It From Here...Thank You 4 Your Service

Happy with We Got It From Here on that list, so fucking good [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Conrad Tokyo Sapporo Pistachio!!!
Sayonara tomorrow it’s jus blood on the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom