Random Music Talk CXX - Cobbler Returns to Amoeba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other big album release of the week: new Lorde. So hyped. Early responses have been extremely positive.

Finally gave this a spin and it did absolutely nothing for me. :shrug:

I wasn't a big fan to begin with, but I didn't mind "Tennis Court" or "Royals".

The Lorde album sounds good.

I'm laughing my ass off at her singing about the LOOF though.

Jesus where did that come from, BAGEL?

Isn't that kid only 16?

LOL it's on YouTube, it's not like it's on a private Instagram account, for pete's sake. They have a website and everything.

A friend posted it on Facebook.

The best part of that episode is when Picard turns to fucking Gilgamesh as his reference point for earth's literary culture.

Lorde's album is disappointingly OK. There's not a lot I can point to that's wrong with it, it's just not the breath of fresh air that I was hoping for. I figured with greater creative control she would drop a bomb on us, but it actually sounds more like everything else on the radio than her last one did. But the lyrics are a little better, the vocals are more varied and there aren't any bad songs, so I guess I'm OK with it overall.

Supercut is my shit. Homemade Dynamite, The Louvre, Perfect Places, Writer in the Dark... all great. Whole thing really. Green Light still owns after dozens of listens.

Supercut is my shit.

44WPOXP-_400x400.jpeg

This Cigarettes After Sex album is awesome but it's going to bore the shit out of anyone that isn't into Beach House or early XX. A laser-focused late night album with no ambition of being anything more.

Cigarettes after Sex songs come up to my newsfeed/recommended section of my Youtube account it's actually annoying at this pt.

This Cigarettes After Sex album is awesome but it's going to bore the shit out of anyone that isn't into Beach House or early XX. A laser-focused late night album with no ambition of being anything more.

Dude sounds a lot like Dan Bejar, doesn't he?

I saw a live performance of Bob's Burgers music tonight with El Vy as the backing band, so now I have a picture of Matt Berninger drinking a martini with the word FART blown up on a screen behind him in rainbow letters.

I'm so happy.

I was building the suspense until I got off mobile.

a4FolMd.jpg

The man honest to God was wearing a crushed red velvet suit and made martinis for the band between songs. His voice sounded fantastic too. What a legend.

Last edited:
random music thought:

i just want to say thank you to whoever it was about two years ago who posted a video of "empty nesters" by toro y moi (laz maybe?). i click on maybe one out of every 15 videos that gets posted in here but that one in particular sent me down a rabbithole and led me to a new favourite - i listen to a full toro album at least once a week now and i guarantee i never would have found him if it wasn't for this place. not to mention all the other great stuff i've found branching off from that sound. i would have completely missed out on what is now one of my top 10 artists if that person hadn't posted that one video.

you guys listen to so much stuff i'll never understand how you find time for it all, much less to process and review it and post about it here to the extent you do, but i appreciate immensely the fact that you take the effort to pass along your findings the way that you do, i'm sure i'm far from the only one who's found entire new genres i never would have otherwise, based solely on your recommendations, discussions, and reviews.

so thanks to whoever that was who posted that video, and to all you guys in general for all the new music you've given me over the years. :D

Might have been me - I was digging that song a lot when it came out and it was being played frequently on Sirius XMU.

This new album by The Drums is their most ambitious yet and it pays off in a big way. I'm very impressed, considering their last album was a real let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom