Random Music Talk CXX - Cobbler Returns to Amoeba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
random music question: do you guys use the equalizer on your device/stereo?

i mostly listen to music via phone but think i apply EQ so that it'll be as flat as possible; however i mostly don't apply it because i know that EQ was already heavily applied when they made the album.

It's a pretty funny video though.

Very excited for this. So many great bands releasing albums this year.

8.7 BNM for Fleet Foxes and that metascore is gunning for Helplessness Blues. Looking over their discography, they really have been a picture of consistency since Sun Giant.

I can't get over how great of a comeback Crack-Up is. I really wasn't expecting anything from it after 6 years away but it's fucking awesome. Really looking forward to spending some time with it this weekend in absolute top shelf quality.

The other big album release of the week: new Lorde. So hyped. Early responses have been extremely positive.

Last edited:
Speaking of Lorde, another act I group with her in terms of big fan crossover: what do folks think of the new London Grammar? For me, they're a band who never seem to quite get there. Some nice textures and an impressive singer, but somewhere a spark is lacking and I find very few of their songs memorable. I was hoping this album would improve on the debut but it's more of the same.

I found it dull and actually enjoyed the debut quite a bit. They've gotten more wallpaperish over time.

Last edited:
Miami and Tampa were good shows but......

I'm 0 for 2 seeing ASOH.... crap.

8.7 BNM for Fleet Foxes and that metascore is gunning for Helplessness Blues. Looking over their discography, they really have been a picture of consistency since Sun Giant.

I can't get over how great of a comeback Crack-Up is. I really wasn't expecting anything from it after 6 years away but it's fucking awesome. Really looking forward to spending some time with it this weekend in absolute top shelf quality.
I'm looking forward to sitting down with the lyrics. For some reason I really want to buy the album on vinyl and I don't have a record player. :lol:

I am planning on buying one, when I've got some money (so once I start working).

It's a typical QOTSA song but I like it. My reaction to My God Is the Sun was similar and I ended up loving that song and album.

Apparently I'm the only one not liking the new Fleet Foxes. It just annoyed me. Oh well!

I liked the new London Grammar. Looking forward to Lorde.

And hey, did you know Bono's kid Eli is in a band? I dig this tune:

Where are you all hearing this new Fleet Foxes album? I'm not seeing it on streaming services.

EYKIW's top songs of the year:

The Little Things That Give You Away
I Want You
Bullet the Blue Sky (Jacknife Lee 2017 Remix)

The most important part:

"Noel Gallagher is the most overrated songwriter in the whole history of pop music. They were perfect for the Brit press because they behaved badly and got all the attention. Blur were really great. That guy Damon Albarn is a real fuckin’ songwriter.”

Apparently I'm the only one not liking the new Fleet Foxes. It just annoyed me. Oh well!

I liked the new London Grammar. Looking forward to Lorde.

And hey, did you know Bono's kid Eli is in a band? I dig this tune:

That's not bad at all. Which one is he? I assume he's the cute lead singer, but would like confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom