Random Music Charli LXXXII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recall listening to the Swinging utters' dead flowers, bluegrass, broken bottles & bones quite a bit when that came out. And guess what, that was 2003 as well.

Threads not dead.

Googled into whether Roger Miret is still doing The Disasters (and remembered I still never got that 4th album a couple years ago). There's something rather bizarre about a twitter page half having to do with Agnostic Front while the other half is family photos of the guy's kids dressed up as Star Wars characters. The Internet is weird.

Ok, going to that dropkick murphys show now. I'll be the asshole singing along to all the old songs because I don't know the words to any of the new songs. That asshole is as bad as the one who only knows the new ones...

No one has mentioned You Forgot It In People yet? FAIL.

I came to that one after the fact (ditto Four Tet's Rounds), so I couldn't include either as I was listing albums I spun into the ground in 2003.

Rounds and You Forgot It in People would slay anything I was actually listening to at the time were I to make a 2003 list.

"Enough of this fucking midtempo crap. COME ALL YE PEOPLE STAND UP FOR YOUR LOVE!!!"

Give Laz a break. He's still holding on to the delusion that U2 have been better than Coldplay the past 14 years.

I'm troubled by how much I've been enjoying the musical stylings of Demi Lovato here lately. This...can't be normal behavior. She can't sing, her songs are insipid and almost every single one of them has the most obnoxious hook ever...yet...I am enthralled each time.

EDIT: Oh wait, that was a Selena Gomez song, never mind. Still, two Demi Lovato songs have fit that bill.

I love that band and feel zero guilt over it. Vivid is great and Time's Up is fantastic. The albums since then are spotty but all have something to offer, in my opinion.

More music I'm troubled to find myself enjoying: Vivid by Living Colour.

They just recently were touring playing Vivid in its entirety. I wasn't able to make the show here, but have seen them a couple of times in the past. Fantastic musicians all 4 of them. Well worth seeing if they play in your neck of the woods.

I'm glad to see all of this praise. I remember the band from when I was younger and apparently I was a racist child, because I remembered them being a hip hop group. I figured the band I was listening to today must be a different band, but then I saw their picture on RYM and they're definitely the same guys. Racist, racist child.

I think I actually cajoled Travis into listening to Time's Up and he did not like it. I was just glad he gave it a shot. It's a fairly eclectic album relatively speaking.

I've only heard Vivid but thought it was pretty good, I loved the guitar work.

I'll listen to Time's Up too when I get a sec.

I'm troubled by how much I've been enjoying the musical stylings of Demi Lovato here lately. This...can't be normal behavior. She can't sing, her songs are insipid and almost every single one of them has the most obnoxious hook ever...yet...I am enthralled each time.

Demi actually has a very strong singing voice. I'm no peterrrrrrrrrrr, but I'm pretty sure she can hit notes that not a lot of singers can hit. How much of her stuff have you heard? Girl can sang.

Yeah, "Primitive" just about melted the room. These guys make The Clash sound like Celine Dion (okay, maybe that's an overstatement).

graphics-happy-birthday-175244.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom