Random Facts and Confessions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
angelordevil said:
Random fact # 29440: there are many more people wearing shirts that say "Metallica" than actual people who like Metallica.

:lmao:

Confession: I like The Academy Is... (yes that goddamn elipsis is in their name, what assholes). their first album is some lame emo shit i wasnt diggin but im in love with their second album, Santi. Good catchy rock.

angelordevil said:
Random fact # 29440: there are many more people wearing shirts that say "Metallica" than actual people who like Metallica.

The same can be said for Pink Floyd, The Doors, AC/DC, and The Ramones. Now which band doesn't fit there?

I actually had 1 person tell me their favorite Floyd album is "Dark Side of the Wall" and their favorite Ramones song is "Rock the Casbah"

You can't make this up, folks.

dark side of the wall :lmao: maybe he/she was doing a synchronicity! :ohmy: where you play dark side of the moon over the wall. yeah...

LemonMacPhisto said:

The same can be said for Pink Floyd, The Doors, AC/DC, and The Ramones. Now which band doesn't fit there?

I actually had 1 person tell me their favorite Floyd album is "Dark Side of the Wall" and their favorite Ramones song is "Rock the Casbah"

You can't make this up, folks.

yeah well I've had people tell me they're going to see Nirvana and The Ramones in concert :happy:

also add Led Zep to that list. My friend who loves emo music decided she wanted a Zeppelin shirt because one of the guys in Fall Out Boy did or something. uh.

Oh God, the Zeppelin bandwagon is laughably bad. When they sell Zeppelin chalkboards at Ross or someplace like that, you know there's a problem.

Mama LMP got one for me thinking I was a big Zep fan. I like them, but not enough to warrant a chalkboard / t-shirt buy. Now if it was Bowie or The Who or hell, even Arcade Fire, it would've been cool.

There's gotta be a set of rules / procedures before buying band tees.

U2 (x3)
The Fall of Troy
Muse (x2)
Rage Against the Machine
Oasis
Wilco
Bloc Party
The Arcade Fire
The Killers
Tokyo Police Club
The Beatles (x2)
Interpol

and I have hoodies of Bloc Party, Wilco, Bright Eyes, and an Interpol track jacket

most of these are from concerts

i love concerts and merch :heart:

LemonMelon said:
Oops, forgot that I have two Beatles shirts. One for Let It Be, and one for Abbey Road. :love:

I've got one for Let It Be and one for Revolver, they're the best.

and 2 Walken-related shirts, but that's completely non sequitor

band tshirts-
28 u2 tshirts, with a couple more on the way
guns n roses
type o negative
live
the cure (2)
robbie williams (3)
paul kelly

ive decided its my new collection as an offshoot of the u2 collection. and i make every friday at work band tshirt day . i love concert merch too :heart: mmmm commericalism !

metallica is touring here soon.... then i can see them and get a tshirt . yay . :wink:

I completely suck.. . . . .
u2 t-shirts - 5 or 6
Pulp
Supergrass
Hoodoo Guru's
The Beatles

and

the Goodies - 1 (they did songs!)
the Goonies -1(Andy played the bone piano)
The Fonz - 1(he could make the jukebox sing)
Footloose - 1(those feet sure tapped out a happy tune)

and a bunch more that I can't think of musical things for

Last edited:
Most of my T-Shirts of Movie/Music/TV-related:

Music:
U2 (Vertigo tour, Achtung Baby)
The Beatles (Rooftop concert, Revolver)
Pink Floyd (Animals, Wish You Were Here)
The Who
Franz Ferdinand

Movies:
Serenity
V for Vendetta
Zoolander
Billy Madison
Ghostbusters

TV Shows:
'60s Batman
Saturday Night Live (Walken Cowbell, The Continental, Matt Foley)
The Office (Dunder Mifflin Inc.)

They go into a big rotation, but all get worn at some point.

Last edited:
I wish I had some music and movie related T-shirts.

Unfortunately, mine are all plain or have sports relation to them, including:

Philadelphia Eagles (2)
Philadelphia Phillies (4)
Philadelphia 76ers (1)
Villanova (2)
St. Joe's (1)
Penn (1)
Penn State (3)
Millersville (1)

Music related shirts:

U2 (6 or 7)
Flaming Lips (1)
Ben Harper (1)

That's all I'm remembering...it's laundry day and I can't actually look at them :lol:

phillyfan26 said:
I wish I had some music and movie related T-shirts.

Unfortunately, mine are all plain or have sports relation to them, including:

Philadelphia Eagles (2)
Philadelphia Phillies (4)
Philadelphia 76ers (1)
Villanova (2)
St. Joe's (1)
Penn (1)
Penn State (3)
Millersville (1)

http://hottopic.com
http://t-shirts.com
http://80stees.com
http://bustedtees.com
http://threadpit.com

are all really good. the last one even has some Arrested Development shirts (I outgrew my Buster shirt :( ).

onebloodonelife said:
Music related shirts:

U2 (6 or 7)
Flaming Lips (1)
Ben Harper (1)

That's all I'm remembering...it's laundry day and I can't actually look at them :lol:

I knew I forgot a couple...

The Police (2, 1 hoodie)
Anti-Flag (1 hoodie)

Police
an Edge shirt
two U2 shirts
Tom Petty
Led Zep
Peter Frampton
Pearl Jam
Beatles
i think thats it..

I used to have LOADS more music-related shirts. Now it's down to just a handful:

Muse (just ordered from eBay! :drool: )
REM (an old one from '87 or so)

U2 (3)
a Popmart shirt (black with the square pics of their faces, tour dates on back)
an ATYCLB shirt with the little heart, suitcase etc. logos
a Vertigo shirt with "uno, dos, tres, catorce" on the front, and the bullseye on the back
a Vertigo tour shirt with all the dates played at Madison Square Garden (I love this one).

Then I have a shirt from the "Mamma Mia" musical, and a shirt from a local record shop. :wink:

I just ordered three seasons of Deadwood off Amazon even though I already own the first two (and I did it all for the extras); now to list those first two on eBay :D

I went to a football game today (which was pitifully played and refereed) and the angle of the sun was so that the right side of my face is bright red and the left side of my face is normal (pale and freckled)...I look lovely.

:lmao: the sunburn thing happens to me too!!
I have one arm that gets sunburnt when I drive.
I never tan so my shoulders are nice and creamy (they hardly see sunshine) but the rest of my arm is kinda blotchy. I'm a gorgeous example of sun damage.

Pale skin + Australian sun:no:

i had a bono sunburn :lol: ..twice

and in hawaii waiting in the GA line i got an odd sunburn because i was trying to shadow myself with my poster

U2democrat said:
I went to a football game today (which was pitifully played and refereed) and the angle of the sun was so that the right side of my face is bright red and the left side of my face is normal (pale and freckled)...I look lovely.
Remember to lead with the normal side when leaning towards crush :sexywink:

Oh and Young Indy pre-orders are open; and it's so damn expensive :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom