Random Facts and Confessions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One doesn't quote Auden in conversation without some degree of experience, i'll take sarcastic over lovelorn any day of the week. Im a week without shaving away from clinching any one of those House groupies :wink:

love_u2_adam said:
shut up about shortness omg!!!!
im 4'9:| im considered a midget

ya that's what i thought

well, most guys don't turn girls down over height, that's what my point is

W.H. Auden, The More Loving One, quite possibly a defining piece on the nature of unrequited love.

As far as height goes I have no issue with taller girls, statistically speaking being a tall guy improves opportunities across employment and romance. Girls may say they don't mind but given the choice biology demands height (on the whole). Symmetry is also really good as is that strong jawline.

My confession is that I would like to woo a girl at a party with biology based compliments :nerd:

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:

I'm 5'5" and I have a feeling that it doesn't help for the reason you said.

:reject: Sorrrry to all the shorter guys.

I wouldn't turn down a guy if they were shorter than me. I just feel more comfortable around a taller guy. I guess I have a security issue or something.

I hate boys.

I go ga-ga over men.

I like tall, handsome men...and I don't hold back in flirting with a man 20 years older than me, because on my end it's completely innocent because I know I don't really want it to go anywhere.

I guess you could say I'm a tease :reject:

On a similar note, I excell at getting older men wrapped around my finger...I find it so easy to communicate with them.

Guys my age I can rarely get to say more than one word to me, I have to pry sentences out of them. :shrug:

I've never had a girlfriend and I'm 20. I kind of blame my own stubborness though. I've been asked out and hit on and stuff, but I've usually rejected them on the grounds of being too weird or too much of a "party" type. I mean, I don't mind a girl that drinks once in a while or goes the occasional party, but some are just real alcoholics. I have dated a girl or two, but they rejected me. I'm thinking maybe I need to stop being picky and be okay going out with girls that I'm not attracted to or something.

I'm coming after you U2Dem, you and your 20 year streak. I'm on pace to reach 17 years in January. :happy:

U2democrat said:
Ooooooooo a competition, eh?

We'll just see about that. Being single FTW :wink:

Big mistake.

I'm going to start by going after everything around you so you can only take refuge with a man. First, the Democratic Party! :mac:

(Next step: I mess up Brian Williams' hair, then I break Stephen Colbert's glasses. There's no telling where I stop.)

I am coming after you U2Dem. I'm coming after you, and I'm coming after your politics. Muahahaha.

A_Wanderer said:
W.H. Auden, The More Loving One, quite possibly a defining piece on the nature of unrequited love.

*looks up* nice. very nice. My favourite poem though is The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. "Do I dare disturb the universe? In a minute there is time for decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse..." :drool: fucking amazing stuff. I wrote a song, and used that poem as a basis for lyrics. You could base an album off that masterpiece.

as for this thread...I confess that I miss one of my best friends very, very much. It's strange, because I'm not used to having such strong feelings about someone I have no romantic attachment towards. But lately I've just realized how much I miss him. I've been listening to Yellowcard and Story of the Year because they make me think of him :huh: (even though pretty much he listens to most of the same stuff I do :wink: that was the kinda stuff he listened to when we first became friends)

also I confess I really love this thread and post in it all too often :shifty:

AtomicBono said:

My favourite poem though is The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. "Do I dare disturb the universe? In a minute there is time for decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse..."
:

We had to read that for English class, but it's a very awesome poem. Thought-provoking.

Sloane Peterson said:

We had to read that for English class, but it's a very awesome poem. Thought-provoking.

Yeah I read it for class too

Best thing I ever read for class.

Along with The Catcher in the Rye, but I had read that years before.

AtomicBono said:

Along with The Catcher in the Rye, but I had read that years before.

I read this book in high school...I must have been 16, and thought it was the greatest book ever.

Now I can't understand how I could stomach it and think that Holden is the whiniest, most ridiculous, irritating main character I've ever come across.

Wow, interesting thread, I feel like I know you guys better.

:hmm:
Ok, a couple of mine;

-I hate needles.

-I cried while watching "The Iron Giant"

-I Can't still get over my High School crush.......to this day.

You know, come to think of it, most guys I know who've seen Iron Giant have cried during the film. I dunno what it is about that movie. I mean, it was cute, and Hogarth is a hilarious name (I have a friend named Garth, so we renamed him)....but I didn't shed a tear.

<--- cold hearted bitch

Mia, the part where the Giant goes....

You stay.

I go.

No following.

I love you.

You are who you choose to be.

Superman.

I am 34 and still a virgin....

:|
:reject:

I haven't been listening to U2 as much lately.... but I'm trying to rekindle my interest for the band. In fact, last night, I listened to the entire UF album and saw the UF video documentary, the one where they are recording at Slane Castle...

UF-era U2

:bow:

I never yell at people or call them names but I yell at my office equipment on a daily basis.

Today I yelled at my photocopier and called it a "fucking asswipe" for running out of paper in the middle of a job. :reject:

joerags said:
I am 34 and still a virgin....

:|
:reject:

I haven't been listening to U2 as much lately.... but I'm trying to rekindle my interest for the band. In fact, last night, I listened to the entire UF album and saw the UF video documentary, the one where they are recording at Slane Castle...

UF-era U2

:bow:

i respect people like you. in our society today where sex is plastered on walls, tvs, etc. its cool to see a grown-up waiting for the right person or the right time.

tfs

I must bring reading material with me everytime I use the bathroom. Lame, but I have to do. Its something I've been doing since I was a kid

Currently, I just suck at everything I do. I get injured at my soccer game, I suck trying to describe what I want to say on this forum and end up getting yelled at and punished; my gf, friends and parents don't think I spend enough time with them.

Is there any balance?

I am having these hi-lows, but I am not depressed or lonely. there is this little part of my cerebrum that is just not in accordance with reality right now.

idk, anyways, I feel like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom