Random Facts and Confessions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at all enthused to check out Arcade Fire's Funeral. That's my confession of the day. I have exactly half the album, 5 songs... acquired from odd downloads mostly because of the help of other interlanders combined with the Desert Island game etc. I think Neon Bible is far far better than what I've heard so far of bits and pieces of Funeral.

*runs before the hardcore Funeral crazies arrive* :wink:

U2democrat said:
Oh yeah.

I love Coldplay and I can't stand Radiohead.

So sue me.

I love Radiohead, but...I confess that I think I love Muse more. I am really, really, really looking forward to Lollapalooza.

I confess I haven't gone running since Sunday. Also, I suck at running... like running for more than 5 minutes without taking a short walking break is difficult for me. But I really wanna try to get good at it. I think I'm gonna just start pushing myself to the limit. EVERYBODY TO THE LIMIT EVERYBODY TO THE LIMIT EVERYBODY CMON FHQWHGADS

i don't think i can go a day without posting in this thread.

oh as for arcade fire...Neon Bible is better as a whole album but Funeral has some of their best songs (the Neighborhoods, Wake Up, Rebellion)

I can't stand coldplay

and since my parents told me that I can eat whatever there is in the freezer, I'm having lamb steak for lunch now... :drool: parents on vacation = win!

Radiohead, Coldplay and both of Arcade Fire's albums are awesome...

For some reason I cannot get into Wilco... Almost everybody in B&C goes on and on about them but I just don't get it I guess :shrug:

I've tried, lord how I've tried but I don't hear anything I like... :slant:

BonosSaint said:

Honestly, I feel sorry for the nice ones. If I thought just listening to the spiel would help them, I would. And sometimes the longer you let them talk, the more they think they're getting a sale. I feel like I'm being a tease. Good luck though. Hope you find something easier.

Thanks...and that is the danger! We're so eager to get the sale, and so starved for positive input it is like a two-edged sword! You want the sale, but you really don't want to hurt people, or guilt them into something they might regret. I can't control the actions of the company I am under contract to. They have to live up to their end of the bargain, you know; but I can control myself.

Thank you to all the people who have listened. :applaud: You deserve a round of applause for putting up with us. I let several people go today who did listen to the spiel, and who obviously did not have the resources, or were too old or weary-sounding to make an adequate choice.

You are not being a tease, by the way. It is better to listen and to be firmly polite with a reason then just hang up on us! That is so much more reasonable than you realize!

struckpx said:
Currently, I just suck at everything I do. I get injured at my soccer game, I suck trying to describe what I want to say on this forum and end up getting yelled at and punished; my gf, friends and parents don't think I spend enough time with them.

Is there any balance?

I am having these hi-lows, but I am not depressed or lonely. there is this little part of my cerebrum that is just not in accordance with reality right now.

idk, anyways, I feel like crap.

Keep Walking On, little brother! Life gets rough. LOve yourself, and do what has to be done. Sometimes I feel like part of my cerebrum is not in accordance with reality too; but then I am a telemarketer who has to go back to a homeless shelter when I am done with work. I usually leave really early, go back for dinner, then get lost a while outside, go back again, put in my earbuds, try to sleep through the hubbub, and do the day all over again. :sigh: It's all a matter of perspective, I guess. Things will get better. Everyone has their own little microcosm...we just have to learn to coexist!

I'm about 110 lbs and 5'10". I'm not anorexic, but I am scared to gain weight, even though I know I'll burn it off the following week.

My new love is percussion. :drool: I've tried it, but I've never actually really played it for band, and now I am because I can't march this year, due to injuries. I'm learning really fast since I already know piano, and I'm pretty excited to go back to rehearsal on Monday.

I am too obsessed with history and social studies. :nerd:

U2isthebest said:
I'm thinking about deleting my Myspace. I never use it anymore. I'm all about Facebook now.
]

same here, pretty much the only thing I use myspace for is bands

I gotta rep my dad and cousin's bands :up:

U2isthebest said:
I'm thinking about deleting my Myspace. I never use it anymore. I'm all about Facebook now.

Same goes for me.

Anytime my boss steps out of the office even if its just for a smoke break, everyone stands around and gripes about him for a venting session and when he walks back in we all scurry back to work :shifty:

Freefall said:

You are not being a tease, by the way. It is better to listen and to be firmly polite with a reason then just hang up on us! That is so much more reasonable than you realize!

That seems fair enough. I can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom