Question for those with tickets/plans for the remaining dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
If you could choose, which would you prefer:

a) U2 makes an EP and does the dates in November/December, with a possible addition of a few dates

b) U2 scraps the dates, but makes an album and starts the next tour with 20 or so dates in Australia/Japan/New Zealand

b - but only if the album comes out christmas 2006/very early 2007 with a tour shortly after.

U2girl said:
If you could choose, which would you prefer:

a) U2 makes an EP and does the dates in November/December, with a possible addition of a few dates

b) U2 scraps the dates, but makes an album and starts the next tour with 20 or so dates in Australia/Japan/New Zealand

I'll say A because although I don't live in NZ, I have tickets to both shows there, and Kiwis have been neglected by U2 for too long.

I'd be curious also with everyone who responds to this scenario where they live versus where they had planned to see the 4th leg shows and how many Vertigo shows they've seen already.

Mark---6 Vertigo shows in the US

A - although not really bothered at this time if they do an EP or not.

I live in the UK and for various reasons could only get to see 2 European Vertigo shows. Got tickets for 3 shows in Oz to make up.

I'd be really pissed off if they came up with the "...the band is really on fire at the moment and on the verge of making something really special..." excuse not to tour. I stand to lose quite a bit of money if they don't tour before the end of the year!

Have to go with A also, the areas covered by the 10 postponed dates have been waiting a looong time for the band. Plus no way is the band going to do an album so quickly so it wouldn't be fair for all those affected to wait an additional 1-1.5 years. An EP on top of the Nov./Dec. dates would be silver lining enough! :)

Full disclosure: I do have a Hawaii ticket and travel arrangements from NYC for the rescheduled date, and attended more than several Vertigo shows. But, I really am thinking (95% anway :) ) of residents of the areas affected who are still waiting.

Definitely DEFINITELY A....
They should muck around in the studio now for the next few months to get the creative juices going, then come out here to Australia and the other countries to finish off the tour, then go back into the studio again.
I think we all are aware that there won't be a U2 album until at least the end of next year, and i would very much dislike having to wait another two years to see them.
Personally I think the crisis that lead to the march dates being scrapped has been resolved. I mean they're all going into the studio next week, so nothing that bad must be going on at the moment.
Bring on the announcement though

B.

If somehow tickets that people already have are allocated to shows on the 'next tour'
(IE: You have tickets for The First Sydney show in 2006, you get tickets for the First Sydney show in 2026) :)wink: but you get my drift)

I think its fair, they are going to be equally unrehearsed in november/december is they will be at a start of a tour anyway :wink:

bono_man2002 said:
B.

If somehow tickets that people already have are allocated to shows on the 'next tour'
(IE: You have tickets for The First Sydney show in 2006, you get tickets for the First Sydney show in 2026) :)wink: but you get my drift)

I think its fair, they are going to be equally unrehearsed in november/december is they will be at a start of a tour anyway :wink:

Ahhh but if they have been in the studio tinkering around leading up to the tour they won't be so out of practice.
In any case, lets just have the announcement shall we?

ChargedVT said:
Definitely DEFINITELY A....
They should muck around in the studio now for the next few months to get the creative juices going, then come out here to Australia and the other countries to finish off the tour, then go back into the studio again.
I think we all are aware that there won't be a U2 album until at least the end of next year, and i would very much dislike having to wait another two years to see them.
Personally I think the crisis that lead to the march dates being scrapped has been resolved. I mean they're all going into the studio next week, so nothing that bad must be going on at the moment.
Bring on the announcement though

A.A.A.A.A.A.A.A.A.A .....and what this guy said too:rockon:

A Of course

To leave it until they release ANOTHER album means 3 albums in total that they have to tour. Not to mention the fact we have missed out on 2 tours. To wait for a third tour would be so very very unkind. My patience is just holding now, I couldnt imagine having to wait another 2 years...

Aussie Edge said:
A Of course

To leave it until they release ANOTHER album means 3 albums in total that they have to tour. Not to mention the fact we have missed out on 2 tours. To wait for a third tour would be so very very unkind. My patience is just holding now, I couldnt imagine having to wait another 2 years...

What he said.

A

the airline tickets are kept in credit for 12 months only, either they play down here for us before the 12 months is up or we lose our credit for new flights or we have to go on non U2 holidays :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom