Question for Conspiracy of hope tour experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I downloaded the show from S. Francisco and there is a different solo in Pride.
It starts out the same but after 20 seconds or so, it sounds like another guitar comes in. Edge appears to be playing his part the same, and it doesn't sound like something Bono could play (fast solo, quite "rock guitar god"-like) I can send you an mp3 if that will help.

Anyone know if anyone joined U2 that show for Pride and who it was?

I attended the second Conspiracy Of Hope tour show in Inglewood, CA and U2 had no guests on stage at the show I attended until the final song, I Shall Be Released and I assume it was the same for San Francisco (technically it was in Daly City) show.

I remember U2's set starting very late that night, with them coming onstage around 1am. I also attended the Amnesty International Human Rights Now! 1988 tour at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum where Bono came on a special guest to sing with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and all of the performers from the show. That show was even longer than the 1986 show and Bruce did not even go onstage til 1:45am and the whole show ended around 3:30am. Bono would have come onstage around 3:20am at that show and he sang on Chimes Of Freedom and Get Up, Stand Up.

That mp3 is fake, it's been floating around for awhile. I think it's pretty cool actually, the editing-in of the solo is decent...but I have a dat recording of the actual show & the solo isn't there.

Back
Top Bottom