Q magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vb_monarch.jpg

:lol:

:mac::whistle::angel:

You win everything for all time for posting that.

For anyone having trouble with the image shack files, I collected all the larger scans singyourlife posted into a zip file.

Q MAG SCANS:

https://www. you send it.com /download/TTZsanZqb0JveE5MWEE9PQ

- REMOVE THE SPACES to download -

Here's a reupload of the above (above link died)

Q MAG SCANS zip file:

https:// www.you send it .com/download/WnBUTkFucHZKV1BIRGc9PQ

- remember to remove spaces to download -

Help! One of the Bono pages I have is still at a smaller scale and the text is hard to read. It is page 49 in the magazine, the one with Bono with his mouth open and the text on the picture saying "I'm sick of Bono and I am him". Is there a better scan of this than 618x799? I've paged through the thread again and can't find one. If anyone has a better one than that can you post it again or give me a link to where it is posted?

Dana

Help! One of the Bono pages I have is still at a smaller scale and the text is hard to read. It is page 49 in the magazine, the one with Bono with his mouth open and the text on the picture saying "I'm sick of Bono and I am him". Is there a better scan of this than 618x799? I've paged through the thread again and can't find one. If anyone has a better one than that can you post it again or give me a link to where it is posted?

Dana

:wave: Dana , here's a link from LJ I found last night .

make_me_irish:

The large scans are 1350x1795 .

:wave: Dana , here's a link from LJ I found last night .

make_me_irish:

The large scans are 1350x1795 .

I'm sorry but this link you are directing me too has the scans in even lower quality. It's labeled 640x480 but when I save them they come up as 361x480.

I've tried clicking on the picture to go to the larger display and then saving but that's all I get.

Dana

I didn't have a problem getting the pictures to come up full size, however the one you wanted seems there is a problem with it and only shows the top 3rd of the photo on the full size.

I didn't have a problem getting the pictures to come up full size, however the one you wanted seems there is a problem with it and only shows the top 3rd of the photo on the full size.

So can you explain to me what you are doing to get them to come up full size? I click on the picture which brings it up in another window then right click and save picture and it comes up to save as a jpeg labeled something like s640x480. I saved it then when I double click to open it the window gives the resolution as 318x480. What am I doing wrong?

Dana

I clicked on the photo once in the LJ post and then once more on the following page (that says untitled pictire at the top) It then downloads the full size on my screen, once it finishes it shows you a reduced size version and you can click the little arrows in the lower right corner to change it to full size again. However if you right click it and save it it should save the full size no matter how large you are viewing it.

I still can't get the one we need though, it doesn't show the whole pic in the large version.

Were you able to get that page? If so can you post a thumbnail?

I don't know how to post and I don't have a photobucket account or anything like that. But what I did was to click on the picture then in one corner it said "up to gallery", so I clicked there. Some but not all of the pictures are in this gallery and show the large resolutions. So I clicked on the picture again from this page and then did right click and Save target as rather than Save picture. The file then downloaded and when I open that it is the proper size. Try that and let me know if it works that way for you. But the funny thing is that not all the pics are in the gallery listing.

Dana

Well all that stuff works just as you say. However, when I save that one pic in particular, I see the thumbnail just fine in my documents where I saved it, but when i open it to view it big, still only the top part of the pic is there. Have you tried opening that one you wanted to full size? Are you seeing the full picture?

Well all that stuff works just as you say. However, when I save that one pic in particular, I see the thumbnail just fine in my documents where I saved it, but when i open it to view it big, still only the top part of the pic is there. Have you tried opening that one you wanted to full size? Are you seeing the full picture?

I don't save from the thumbnail, I click on the picture first then save and then to open it I'm just double clicking the file name in the directory I saved it to and it comes up fine.

Dana

PS Look to see if you have a scroll bar when you open it because it does come up huge with only the top part showing but you just have to scroll down to see the rest.

Oh sorry, I'm not saving thumbnails either. I just meant when I save the large size picture, and I see the file in my computer it says the pic is 1350 x whatever, and I see the whole thing in the small version, but when I open it to view bigger it's not all there. When I scroll down the rest of the page is white under his eye.

Ok EDIT!!! I tried closing everything down and starting over and now I got it fine. whew, don't know what was going on before but thanks and thanks to trinity for the link! Glad we got that page now!

Oh sorry, I'm not saving thumbnails either. I just meant when I save the large size picture, and I see the file in my computer it says the pic is 1350 x whatever, and I see the whole thing in the small version, but when I open it to view bigger it's not all there. When I scroll down the rest of the page is white under his eye.

Ok EDIT!!! I tried closing everything down and starting over and now I got it fine. whew, don't know what was going on before but thanks and thanks to trinity for the link! Glad we got that page now!

Great, maybe it was a temporary memory problem causing the whole thing not to display. You know what's funny is that I've been using computers since PC's first came out and have hung out with computer geeks and was married to a real computer guru but I still struggle because I'm scared to try things without knowing exactly what I'm doing. I guess it's all those years of watching the geeks fixing problems caused by people just trying shit and screwing things up. I know how much can go wrong and how frustrating it can be to fix so it inhibits my experimentation. Of course things are a lot more dummy proof now than they used to be.

Dana

The link is no longer valid (too many download) if you could repost it please:)

this one still works

Q MAG SCANS zip file:

https:// www.you send it .com/download/WnBUTkFucHZKV1BIRGc9PQ

**but i would recommend just using the LJ link u2trinity posted, scans of each page are there, hi-resolution:

make_me_irish:

Ok, the Q cover says this is a 30 page exclusive but even counting the cover I only come up with 28. Pages 51 and 63 are not in the scans which I assume mean they have no U2 content. So the only way you get 30 pages is to count them too. :huh:

Dana

Back
Top Bottom