PPG:Partying In The Discotheque with U2.............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jobob said:

He saw Bruce Springsteen? :bow: then :faint:

Yes! :faint:

Bruce and Patti were at a car dealership right next door to my dad's office! His friend called him and told him he was standing a few feet away from Bruce Springsteen, but my dad didn't believe him so he went outside...and they were standing there :shocked: They didn't go up to them because they didn't want to bother them, but then a crowd formed and Bruce and Patti jumped into a car! :lol:

:love: :drool: :bow:

Russty Cat said:
Sorry girls I got distracted by my business partner. She found some online yarn dealers that we had to check out to see if its cost effective for us to carry new yarn in my shop. Yet another expense Mr. cat is going to love. :lol:

I have to go make dinner for the monkeys. I'll see ya all later.

I loved my Sim update today. :hug: SG I can't believe you are handling all of them. I wish I had a clue how to do as well at it. :giggle:

:lol: you and me both :wink:

:hug: take good care of the kittens :)

7th. good to know, Diane :wink:

Okay, this is really messing me up - I'm listening to the Leafs game, and they're playing the NJ Devils... And on the Devils are a John Madden and a Paul Martin *snerk* (The first is funny if you watch NFL, the second funny if you're Cdn :laugh: )

Drea said:
Okay, this is really messing me up - I'm listening to the Leafs game, and they're playing the NJ Devils... And on the Devils are a John Madden and a Paul Martin *snerk* (The first is funny if you watch NFL, the second funny if you're Cdn :laugh: )

I used to work with Steve Young. :laugh: He didn't like football :lmao:

jobob said:

Diane, are they throwing a no-show setlist party for you on the seventh? :wink:

(considers crashing party)

LMP had suggested it, but I sort of downplayed the suggestion. If there was going to be one, I think I would have heard about it by now! That's nice that you would have been there. :hug: There should be a party on the 12th for Monterrey, which is close enough. That's Ruff's birthday, and I think PattiP's too.

I don't know what I'm up to on the 7th yet. I think I have to go to Manhattan for my free-lancing. Plus I have a job interview at 7:15 AM about a half-hour from my house!!! I'll go there, then get onto a train for Manhattan.

I'm taking off from the library this week, but I'll be working on freelance and at the book cataloging place, which I love--it's more like fun than work, and I get paid for it! I just wanted a break from the "Can I help you?" at the library--people have been in a contentious mood lately--you tell them they have a $2 fine for an overdue video and they get all nasty about it.

And Jo, I received a canvass letter today about a Librarian Trainee job at a nearby library for $34,000--but I'd have to be enrolled in school, and I'm not right now. I am cry! :sad:

sami0201 said:

They didn't go up to them because they didn't want to bother them, but then a crowd formed and Bruce and Patti jumped into a car! :lol:

:love: :drool: :bow:

Yeah, I can see myself doing the exact same thing: Not going up to him because I didn't want to bother him (and his wife) ... :lol:

... and then kicking myself many days or years later because, dammit, I could have a. told him I've loved his work for years and b. finally asked for an autograph!

GGbaby.jpg

jobob said:

Yeah, I can see myself doing the exact same thing: Not going up to him because I didn't want to bother him (and his wife) ... :lol:

... and then kicking myself many days or years later because, dammit, I could have a. told him I've loved his work for years and b. finally asked for an autograph!

:lol: :yes:

My mom was upset he didn't get an autograph or anything, but I think I would have done the same thing and not bothered them when they were in "private".

*rubs self from where Drea poked thread*

Sorry. I was looking at photos and comments elsewhere in Pleba from Bono's Thursday morning prayer breakfast speech.

:down: on photos of Bush hugging Bono.

:up: for the rest of the thread.

Diane L said:
SG, I just thought of something. When Adam says U2 has the best fans in the world, he's probably thinking of people like US, who he's met!!!!!

that was the first thing that came to my mind when I read it. I thought of the way he hugged me and smiled at me that day, and I just melted. The thought that what I said to him may have touched him, and not just been 'part of the job' :heart:

I thought you might feel the same way when you read it :wink:

:lol: Drea - I have the TV on but it's just sort of in the background, not really something I'm watching/paying attention to; at the beginning of the show that started about 15 minutes ago, they were playing Beautiful day :heart:

I love it when our guys pop up unexpectedly like that :love:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom