Post here if you're still holding out for the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

• Yes, I couldnt wait!

Votes: 198 57.4%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is leaked

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is released

Votes: 114 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if I hear WINTER, does that still counts as waiting for the actual album?

PS: can I hear Winter? :reject:

Last edited:
I guess I'm lucky 13. :)

A couple of people I know have already listened to it. One hasn't been thrilled with their last couple of albums, but thinks this one is quite good. Another is a longtime fan and loved GOYB when she first heard it, but hates the album. Hates it so much she cancelled her deluxe box version order.

I think this is going to be an interesting album.

So guys, it's almost time for me to leave the group. I'll be catching a bus to the city centre in a couple of minutes to go to the record store.

:wave: It was fun while it lasted!

14. DevilsShoes :wave:

So guys, it's almost time for me to leave the group. I'll be catching a bus to the city centre in a couple of minutes to go to the record store.

Its getting mighty quiet on this island :sad: I'll be leaving too in three days though. :yippie:

I guess I'm lucky 13. :)

A couple of people I know have already listened to it. One hasn't been thrilled with their last couple of albums, but thinks this one is quite good. Another is a longtime fan and loved GOYB when she first heard it, but hates the album. Hates it so much she cancelled her deluxe box version order.

I think this is going to be an interesting album.

:shocked: wow . . . did she not give it time to grow on her???

:wave: . . . my time on the island has come to an end . . . picked up my copy today at 2.30pm (after hoping for a day to myself I ended up getting called in to cover for someone . . . oh well, at least the hours I worked today will cover the cost of the boxset so its all good yeah!)

I've had a gorgeous time here, big fat hugs and kisses to everyone who's still hanging on . . . your patience will be rewarded as it is absolutely glorious :yes:

:grouphug:

My time on the island didn't completely end yet.

The boxset isn't delivered early here, it gets delivered today. Universal wants it that way.
So when I was at the store at 10am, they didn't have it yet but put my name ont he list. They just called they got it, but it's too late for me cause I gotta go to the train in 30 minutes. I'll pick that up when I return from uni at 4.30.

I did get the album though, I'll give that as a present to someone or so. :wink: I have 2 different versions of Bomb too.

I think the album is worth the wait, the only dissapointing track for me was NLOTH itself. The bside beats this one by a mile.

besides that, I won't talk about the album here, I'll just support you guys till the end! :up:

:shocked: wow . . . did she not give it time to grow on her???

That struck me as odd too, but she can be very impulsive. It is interesting though because while we like a lot of the same bands, we often like different different songs and albums -- even different eras if the band has been around long enough -- so her not liking this one might actually bode very well for me liking it. :D

:wave: . . . my time on the island has come to an end . . . picked up my copy today at 2.30pm (after hoping for a day to myself I ended up getting called in to cover for someone . . . oh well, at least the hours I worked today will cover the cost of the boxset so its all good yeah!)

I've had a gorgeous time here, big fat hugs and kisses to everyone who's still hanging on . . . your patience will be rewarded as it is absolutely glorious :yes:

:grouphug:

:hug: I'm glad it was totally worth the wait. Almost time for me to join you guys on the other side now, only 4 more days:wave:

My time on the island didn't completely end yet.

The boxset isn't delivered early here, it gets delivered today. Universal wants it that way.
So when I was at the store at 10am, they didn't have it yet but put my name ont he list. They just called they got it, but it's too late for me cause I gotta go to the train in 30 minutes. I'll pick that up when I return from uni at 4.30.

I did get the album though, I'll give that as a present to someone or so. :wink: I have 2 different versions of Bomb too.

I think the album is worth the wait, the only dissapointing track for me was NLOTH itself. The bside beats this one by a mile.

besides that, I won't talk about the album here, I'll just support you guys till the end! :up:

:wave:Thanks for the support still. I'm glad u like it:D

Gawd, still holding out!! :wave:

I'm feeling bit down and my cds haven't arrived yet........I'm starting to wonder if its coming from timbuktu or something, I've never known a cd to take so long.:lol:

Awww the temptation is getting too much now :drool: I haven't given in though :D

Yarrrrr I has a boxset! :drool:

Damn, this one is BOTH worth the wait and the money! It has so much stuff in it! :love: You can do it guys, for this baby it's worth waiting! :up:

Wow, hats off to or the people still holding on after all this time. I couldn't contain myself and went ahead and bought the Universal Australia mp3s, it must be hard for you to hold out for the album with all the threads about the leak going on. Congratulations.

I'm in the same boat Dani, decided to tape tonights performance and watch it on Monday after I've hear the whole album, along with the Zane Lowe feature, the Culture Show's U2 special and this mornings Live Lounge performance, talk about tempting a guy. :crack:

You don't make it easy U2. :madwife:

I'm in the same boat Dani, decided to tape tonights performance and watch it on Monday after I've hear the whole album, along with the Zane Lowe feature, the Culture Show's U2 special and this mornings Live Lounge performance, talk about tempting a guy. :crack:

This is it, I'm finding it really hard to avoid this new album now. :ohmy: i was really looking forward to watching Jonathon Ross as well.........I dunno whether to still watch it or not, I mean its not my fault they're doing breathe is it? :D Also that might calm me down a bit!! No sign of my cds yet *cries*

Its like torture.......:lol:

I'm holding out until Tuesday. I have listened to the 30 second clips, but I haven't heard them since the day they were released. I couldn't even tell you what the unreleased songs sound like.

4 more days :hyper:

I've heard Winter (coz it's not on the album) which has helped- beginning to think I should have pre-ordered this through Play or Amazon but neither typically delivers releases on the Saturday beforwe anymore so didn't bother this time- plus I've got Monday off anyway (booked long before NLOTH release date was announced)- so will do it the old fashioned way and buy from ye olde HMV

:hug: I'm glad it was totally worth the wait. Almost time for me to join you guys on the other side now, only 4 more days:wave:

can't wait to hear what you think of it

That struck me as odd too, but she can be very impulsive. It is interesting though because while we like a lot of the same bands, we often like different different songs and albums -- even different eras if the band has been around long enough -- so her not liking this one might actually bode very well for me liking it. :D

all I will say is its a grower . . . which is my very favourite kinda album . .. one where its not possible to unlock all its secrets in the first few listens

I listened to it cuz it's not gonna be on the version that i'm buying:wave:

I still haven't listened to it!!! what a hoot . . . too much stuff going on . . .plan to have a little listen today . . .or wait till the box set arrives???? hmmmmmmmm . . . . can i stay and play on the island if i'm a winter virgin

15. :wave:

2 days and 11 hours :D

you can do it!!!!!!!

Gawd, still holding out!! :wave:

I'm feeling bit down and my cds haven't arrived yet........I'm starting to wonder if its coming from timbuktu or something, I've never known a cd to take so long.:lol:

Awww the temptation is getting too much now :drool: I haven't given in though :D

the wait really will be worth it . . . I'm so glad I didn't get caught up in all the hysteria surrounding the leak . . . first listen was just so lovely .. . stay strong

Four more days in the US!!

hurrah

they sure don't . . . . but you really will be glad you waited, truly truly truly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom