Pleban Girls Party - We're SIMply the best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Do you have chocolate icy squares down there?? OMG. :drool: :drool: :combust:

I think I'm compensating for a lack of sex by eating chocolate. :|

we don't have those, but i'm hitting the chocolate pretty hard, probably for the same reason :|

Hi everyone! Hi Bri--holiday was pretty good though it's a hard comedown from the tour. I miss lots of people!

^:hug:

VintagePunk said:

Let's run away!! :happy:

:hyper:

Yes!

I hear B is a very hosipitable host. Even lets you write on the walls. :happy:

Imagine,
We could all run away together. Wandering from town to town on a journey that would comepletely coincidentally coincide with the boys tour schedule :shifty:
Basing ourselves in Ireland and france,.....
Using our good looks to obtain whatever we needed....

VP, sorry your family is causing you grief--though parts of the description pretty much sound like interference after the tour! :slant:

I'm freezing cold and can't seem to get warm--gonna slip into a warm bath but be back later :wave:

(Jem, glad you are home safely. Have some hot soup and get some rest!)

ruffian said:
VP, sorry your family is causing you grief--though parts of the description pretty much sound like interference after the tour! :slant:

I'm freezing cold and can't seem to get warm--gonna slip into a warm bath but be back later :wave:

Bye :wave:

circa1992 said:

Hey, we haven't met :wave : I'm Sarah : )

welcome to PPG Sarah :hug:

Imagine,We could all run away together. Wandering from town to town on a journey that would comepletely coincidentally coincide with the boys tour schedule :shifty:

:happy: sounds like fun

~BrightestStar~ said:
^:hug:

:hyper:

Yes!

I hear B is a very hosipitable host. Even lets you write on the walls. :happy:

Imagine,
We could all run away together. Wandering from town to town on a journey that would comepletely coincidentally coincide with the boys tour schedule :shifty:

*Drifts off into nice fantasy* :sigh:

ruffian said:

Bye Ruff :hug: enjoy your bath

im eating some past, have no soup in and pasta is sooo easy

ruffian said:

Yeah, unfortunately, Interference/the tour, no matter how much it's supposed to be escapist, is probably more like a microcosm of life.

See you later :hug:

VintagePunk said:

*Drifts off into nice fantasy* :sigh:

:hug:

*sigh* It would be nice, wouldn' it....:heart:

Bye Ruff :hug:
Have a nice bath hun. Catch ya later.

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, unfortunately, Interference/the tour, no matter how much it's supposed to be escapist, is probably more like a microcosm of life.

I made that argument in a paper last year...
At least we keep our little corner mostly drama free. :heart:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:hug:

*sigh* It would be nice, wouldn' it....:heart:

I made that argument in a paper last year...
At least we keep our little corner mostly drama free. :heart:

It WOULD be nice!! And I remember that paper! :lol:

Oh, been wanting to tell you, Sarah got a letter from your school, pointing out all the benefits of attending there. :)

See you SG!! :hug:

VintagePunk said:

It WOULD be nice!! And I remember that paper! :lol:

Oh, been wanting to tell you, Sarah got a letter from your school, pointing out all the benefits of attending there. :)

See you SG!! :hug:
Omg..I'd forgotten, that was that paper I begged for help on wasn't it! :lol:!

Did they mention I go there?
I'm a big plus you know. I keep the school cool. :wink:

She's planning on going back to HS for another year tho right? I sometimes think I shoulda done that....

Oh, and please excuse my rudeness.
Hi Sarah. Welcome! :wave:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Omg..I'd forgotten, that was that paper I begged for help on wasn't it! :lol:!

Did they mention I go there?
I'm a big plus you know. I keep the school cool. :wink:

She's planning on going back to HS for another year tho right? I sometimes think I shoula done that....

Oh, and please excuse my rudeness.
Hi Sarah. Welcome! :wave:

I think we talked about the paper, but I seriously doubt I was much help. :reject:

Yes, she's staying at high school for another year. She's a little bummed that one of her best friends was going to be staying with her, but now he's going on an exchange to Japan for the year.

And yeah, they're using you in their recruitment materials now. :wink:

36_1_391.gif

VintagePunk said:
Jem, when do you have to go back to work? I hope you have time to recover first! :hug:

Tommorow :madspit: :|

if ive not improved will see if i can come home after half the shift as i cant have another day off work for a while yet

BYe Sg, think i'll be off to bed soon (we all say though though :lol: )

VintagePunk said:

I think we talked about the paper, but I seriously doubt I was much help. :reject:

Yes, she's staying at high school for another year. She's a little bummed that one of her best friends was going to be staying with her, but now he's going on an exchange to Japan for the year.

You did help! :hug: I even still have that paper on my computer somewhere...:lol:

Aww. That's too bad. Any of her other friends sticking around?
And just out of curiosity, does she have any idea where she's leaning for when she does hit university? Sciences? Poli sci? Humanities?

:lol: Like they need any other selling points besides me. :p

Wild!! :hug:
I saw the pics of Jamie! Sooo cute! :cute:
Aww.....you're still not feeling well? :(

VintagePunk said:

oooooh srarahs taying on another year

Japan :drool: im jealous of her friend

Hey Wild :hug:

Originally posted by VintagePunk
Oct 21, 2005

Sarah and I were at a hotel/a U2 show. Minor things happened at the hotel, I can't remember many details but nothing noteworthy. Then we're at the show. We apparently had a special ellipse ticket that allowed us to hang out on part of the stage. Only it wasn't all high tech with curtains of light and electronics and stuff. At the very front of the stage were the guys and their instruments, but the very back of it was more like a school auditorium stage, very plain and stark. And apparently, you could draw a curtain separating the two portions of the stage.

Anyway, we were on this back stage watching the show, dancing, having fun, maybe about 10 of us in all. Next thing we know, Bono pulls a young girl on stage, maybe about 7 or 8 years old, and brings her back to our part. He draws the curtain to separate us from the other part, walks over to the side, toward an old portable phonograph player, turns it on, and then scratchy old music comes on. It's an instrumental version of the Hokey Pokey!! He starts singing it behind the curtain with us (although I was aware that it was being sent over the PA and the rest of the arena could hear it all. So...we all start doing the Hokey Pokey with him and this young girl!!! We do one leg, one arm, the other arm, and finally the 2nd leg. The problem is, for the 2nd leg, all he was able to get out was "You put your right leg in..." before the record stopped. So he sang the rest acapella, and I had an awareness that once the music stopped, the audience was no longer hearing us, and would be wondering what we were doing. He finished the verse, then turned to us and said, "I'd better get back out there." I stepped up and said "yes...they'll be wondering what's going on, but you couldn't leave us with just the Hokey and no Pokey!" He laughed heartily, then turned to go through the curtain.

OMG just read back and saw this

VP classic *tears :lmao:

WildHoney said:

I didn't feel up to going tonight. I still have that stomach bug and was sick at work so they sent me home early.

Typical my favouritre player went and scored tonight :eyebrow: and i wasn't there

Awww, sorry you're still not feeling well! :( I suppose staying up most of the night a few days ago didn't help, either. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom