Pleban Girls Party - another time, another thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
It's funny how people perceive time. There's a thread in ZC where people are going on about the old days...most of them are less than 20, and the old days they're referring to, in some cases, are only a few months ago. I guess I'm old. To me, six months seems like the blink of an eye. :lol: [/randomobservation]

:lol: yeah - I know what you mean. Time just moves faster and faster - I can remember when an hour seemed like an impossible time to have to wait for something, and now I set deadlines for things and a month or two can seem like a very short time

Sami :lol: haven't you ever heard the old cliche about taking a year off after high school to travel, see the world, backpack across Europe etc...? I always thought that was an American thing

bonoishot said:

Old days to me is like when me and Kat were at school/college.

6 months is like yesterday to me. :lol:

You're not old. :no: I think at that age time just seems to go so slow. My friend Chrlie is 18 and shes always like "ages ago....:blablah:...." and shes on about something a few months ago. :lol:

So it's not just me, then? :sighofrelief: :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

Sami :lol: haven't you ever heard the old cliche about taking a year off after high school to travel, see the world, backpack across Europe etc...? I always thought that was an American thing

:lmao: Not really. :reject: I mean yeah I guess I've heard of it, I just didn't know that people actually do it!! I'd love to travel and see the world but I'm not too sure how happy my parents would be about me going alone! :lol:

bonoishot said:

Am also determined to seriously get my but over to Canada now. I'm so fed up of England. :mad: I'd also like to volunteer at an Elephant Sanctuary in Thailand and see abit of Asia aswell. NOt sure how much fun Asia would be by myself though. :lol:

does it have to be Canada? We can each get a 90-day visa and just trade houses :wink:

sami0201 said:
And, I'm going to Europe in 5 days. :hyper: :drool: At least I have an amazing trip to look forward to, to take my mind off things for a few weeks. :)

I was wondering recently when that was coming up! :hyper: Sarah's would have been just home for a few days, a year ago.

Remember when we were talking about the no-frills accommodations, and your friends' reactions? Have you found out anything about where you're staying? :yikes:

sami0201 said:
What's the traditional travelling option, like just travelling around myself? :reject: I've heard of it but I feel like that's more of a European thing and people don't really do that here.

Wow, that's great that you've seen your dad. Yeah, better to take things slowly then to rush into stuff.

Asia :ohmy: :cool:

Yeah i meant backpacking, travelling around with a friend/by yourself. Though doing that by yourself seems so scary. :yikes:

I saw a few Americans doing it when ive been in hostels in Dublin. They were travelling around Europe.

I'm sure you will decide whats best for you. Hopefully someone might decide they don't want a room and you will get it instead.

It was scary seeing my daad. It was about 3 weeks ago though and i haven't heard from him yet. :grumpy:

WildHoney said:
VP :flirt: you're not old....:no:

I'm like that at work , i'm educating my new team on U2 and when i say i liked them since 1984 i get answers like " i was 2 then or even worse i wasn't even born then :yikes:

:crack:

:madwife: darn kids!

:lol:

WildHoney said:

I'm like that at work , i'm educating my new team on U2 and when i say i liked them since 1984 i get answers like " i was 2 then or even worse i wasn't even born then :yikes:

Of course I'm not, to you...because if I was, that would mean you're right behind me. :sexywink: :lmao:

VintagePunk said:

I was wondering recently when that was coming up! :hyper: Sarah's would have been just home for a few days, a year ago.

Remember when we were talking about the no-frills accommodations, and your friends' reactions? Have you found out anything about where you're staying? :yikes:

It's crazy how fast time goes, I remember talking to you the day she left and while she was there. :crazy:

Yeah I remember. :lol: We found out like 2 days ago the specific hotels and stuff. They look alright, although a lot of them don't have elevators and stuff! It will be fun, and I can't wait to go! And my friends...well...they'll survive. :wink: :laugh:

I have to go. :( I'm going out with my mom to go get a prom dress. :crazy: I'm going to be home tonight, hopefully some of you girls will be on later!! :hug: It was so nice catching up. :heart:

:wave:

sami0201 said:

It's crazy how fast time goes, I remember talking to you the day she left and while she was there. :crazy:

Yeah I remember. :lol: We found out like 2 days ago the specific hotels and stuff. They look alright, although a lot of them don't have elevators and stuff! It will be fun, and I can't wait to go! And my friends...well...they'll survive. :wink: :laugh:

Have you gotten your itinerary/list of hotels? :shifty: I can't wait to see how it compares to Sarah's. :lol: From what you told me of the prices, it's going to be very similar.

ETA - see you later. :hug:

Bye Sami :hug: Good luck with your prom dress!

after church at 5 I'm supposed to call Gavin :shifty: and then I'll be here tonight (usually no later than 8 or 9 our time)

WildHoney said:

:lol::hug:

Some people at my work find it weird i like a band who have been going longer than ive been alive. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Have you gotten your itinerary/list of hotels? :shifty: I can't wait to see how it compares to Sarah's. :lol: From what you told me of the prices, it's going to be very similar.

ETA - see you later. :hug:

:lol: Yes, I'll type it up for you later if you want. :laugh:

Wild, I'm going to Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Italy, and France. :hyper:

Bye girls! :hug:

VintagePunk said:

:hug: Have you talked to your brother or sister lately?

I text my sister the other day.

I know his mother in law ( Andy's ex mother in law) hasn't been well. She had a bad stroke and will have to be admitted to a home. I assum they've been busy coz of that, but its doesn't tak emuch to phone someone up and say im sorry but things are a bit crazy now but i am thinking of you.

:shrug:

Men. :rolleyes:

WildHoney said:

:madspit:

Old is the new sexy ? :sexywink:

:kiss: :lol:

Of course it is! ;)

Sami, the only counties you have in common with Sarah are Italy and France, and as for France, they were only there for a very short time, and only in southern France - they were only in Paris to fly in and out of it.

bonoishot said:

I text my sister the other day.

I know his mother in law ( Andy's ex mother in law) hasn't been well. She had a bad stroke and will have to be admitted to a home. I assum they've been busy coz of that, but its doesn't tak emuch to phone someone up and say im sorry but things are a bit crazy now but i am thinking of you.

:shrug:

Men. :rolleyes:

You're right, it doesn't. :|

It's possible that he's caught up in day-to-day things, but he also might be taking a bit of time to process things. That seems like a typical male reaction. :|

Back
Top Bottom