Pleban Girls Party - another time, another thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WildHoney said:
Bye Sami :hug:

Good luck finding a prom dress :wink:

Wish the UK had Proms :mad: the only time i've dressedup in a nice dress is my wedding day and when i was my sister's bridesmaid :sigh:

My end of school "prom" was a waste of time. I think id seen too many American movies/shows where they have awesome proms. The food was :yuck: the music was :|

Last time i wore a dress was my Xmas work do.

WildHoney said:
Bye Sami :hug:

Good luck finding a prom dress :wink:

Wish the UK had Proms :mad: the only time i've dressedup in a nice dress is my wedding day and when i was my sister's bridesmaid :sigh:

I really never had that great of a time at any of the dressy - dances in High School. Although I guess I did have a couple of pretty dresses.

I didn't fully appreciate it back then, like I would now

Here are a couple pics I have of some of those dances. I was (always) the one without a date :wink:

(standing On the far left in both pics)

Snowcoming1992.jpg

Homecoming1992.jpg

Last edited:
bonoishot said:

My end of school "prom" was a waste of time. I think id seen too many American movies/shows where they have awesome proms. The food was :yuck: the music was :|

In my experience, those dances are always let-downs

I certainly never had a pretty-in-pink sort of experience or anything of the sort

:wave:

One day I'll scan and post my prom pic from grade 12 in here :lol: (Grade 13 was the same dress, so you may as well only see one :wink: ) You guys may not recognize me :lol:

I went to one high school dance. Just one. And it was an ordinary dance, not a formal or anything. It was a huge snooze. :| I never went to prom either, even though I did have a boyfriend at the time (Sarah's dad :yuck: ).

VintagePunk said:

You're right, it doesn't. :|

It's possible that he's caught up in day-to-day things, but he also might be taking a bit of time to process things. That seems like a typical male reaction. :|

Men! :madwife:

even as much as I praise Gav, he hasn't written me a letter in weeks. not since I've been able to call him more frequently :grumpy: I keep telling him I need love letters to read to get me through the rest of the time when we can't be on the phone

He keeps promising but, well :shrug: he is a man, after all :slant: :lol:

Last edited:
Hi Drea :hug: how are you this fine Saturday afternoon?

I'd definitely be interested - the pics are the best thing about 'prom' :lol:

Wild :eek: thanks. - those were my Sophomore and then Junior year - my friends always took pity on me and let me be in their pics :wink:

Last edited:
thanks! I couldn't remember if it were two 'N' s or not

Bye Wild :hug: Bye VP :hug: come back soon! :heart:

I'm now watching the ZooTV DVD for the second time today :drool:

was ok.. Fishz :drool:

:ohmy: wow, I just found out by googling that Bas' old band didn't really break up! Bas used to be the guitarist, but now the singer, bassist and drummer have a new band.... wtf they ditched him and the samples guy! now I get why Bas got all quiet when I asked him about the last songs the band made before the break up... how can they ditch a talented guy like him??? :sad:

Galeongirl said:

:ohmy: wow, I just found out by googling that Bas' old band didn't really break up! Bas used to be the guitarist, but now the singer, bassist and drummer have a new band.... wtf they ditched him and the samples guy! now I get why Bas got all quiet when I asked him about the last songs the band made before the break up... how can they ditch a talented guy like him??? :sad:

Aww. Stupid band :madwife:

:tsk: srsly, he could form a one man band :drool: for soundcheck today he played bass, drums(lol, I did that for the mic test.. you shoulda seen the look on his face :lmao: he knows I've no drum talent at all) and guitar... :drool: and he sang.... daaaaamn man can sing!

Galeongirl said:

:madwife: They obviously don't know talent when they see it. :madwife:

I have a short chapter written now - and I have to go to church in a little bit and then call Gavin - so should I post what I have for now or finish it up tonight and then post?

Last edited:
:whistle: but it's only a rosary Jem!

:angel:

The fanficslut in me screams post it, but I think it's better that you finish it first SG :)

:drool: FF

:yawn: gotta go to bed now ladies.. :hug: byez

Galeongirl said:
[B

The fanficslut in me screams post it, but I think it's better that you finish it first SG :)

:drool: FF

:yawn: gotta go to bed now ladies.. :hug: byez [/B]

:lol: actually, I'm ok with it as a chapter - it's posted :wink:

Good night GG :hug: Sweet Dreams

I'm off as well :hug: bye Jem, bye Drea BBL :wave:

Back
Top Bottom