PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm cautiously excited, because it could mean that they are close to releasing something, since Bono said they want their next album to have an interactive digital element. Surely they wouldn't hire somebody to make something like this unless the music was finished or almost finished and they already had a plan for release?

Right....?

How can they be close to releasing something when they have barely been in the studio for the past year?

We don't really know what they are doing with their time.Appart from some public appearances,they might as well be working.Edge has studio at home so he can tweak with things and especially with Bono being the best in small doses as they say....it's all one big mystery!

Actually we get quite a lot of reports when they are in the studio. As the sound inside can be heard from outside, it's quite easy to figure out if they're recording something.

Actually we get quite a lot of reports when they are in the studio. As the sound inside can be heard from outside, it's quite easy to figure out if they're recording something.

I'd like to believe that they will made us a big surprise..but sadly, I'm too skeptical :(

But which studio? They could be anywhere. There was a rumor that they were recording in Edge's house at one point.

Anyway, I'm not going to get my hopes up unless we start hearing more rumors within the next month or so.

Ok, I just read at Backstreets that Bruce dedicated My Hometown to some of hi "favourite Irishmen", "Bono and the guys in U2", but they obviously weren't in town. Shame, a live collaboration would have been great.

Came across this article on one of my friends profiles today, not sure how recent this is or what exactly it's about as I don't understand French. Although the poster claimed it said something about Bono buying houses in France and New York, but I'm hoping some of our internation fans will be able to give us a more accurate translation, not word for word of course but just brief summary! :wink:

ArticleabloutBonoinFrenchnewspaper.jpg

Came across this article on one of my friends profiles today, not sure how recent this is or what exactly it's about as I don't understand French. Although the poster claimed it said something about Bono buying houses in France and New York, but I'm hoping some of our internation fans will be able to give us a more accurate translation, not word for word of course but just brief summary! :wink:

ArticleabloutBonoinFrenchnewspaper.jpg

I found about this article was it:

"Latest photo of Bono who is in the South of France! Members of U2 were seen buying new homes there!"

from U2place: "Adam clayton bought a new house in the most beautiful place of south of france, st Jean cap Ferrat!...he will be the neighbour of the villa Nellcote where the rolling stones recorded Exile on the Main street! ...The cool thing is that you have St Jean Cap Ferrat for point of view from the island of new Bono's house"

:D

Wow! All of this is from me!
Well the article is just saying that Bono was at Avignon festival that's all, the news about the houses are from me and i'm glad to have shared it with you! This type of news are often in local paper like Nice Matin but have nothing to do with the music!

Ok,good for him,but why does he need another new house? :scratch:Pink one got too crowded?

I thought only Adam has (reportedly) bought a house there, Bono and Edge, as we all know, already have their houses in Eze. I read some years ago and Adam and Larry also have houses in the South of France. I think it's sweet that they still don't have enough of each other and are even moving into houses that are located so closely to each other :lol:

Ok,good for him,but why does he need another new house? :scratch:Pink one got too crowded?

I think it was more a opportunity than a need! maybe he had a good price, he purshased this house since 2008.
Oh, and à propos, the yacht is Edge one, Bono doesn't have one but i think it's the same because they share everything, and it cost him 22 millions euros! All this informations are in non music magazine.

Now you know everything! ^^

I don't think Bono would sell the house in Eze. It's beautiful and he seems to love it. But maybe they are dealing with privacy/security issues. Who knows, it's all speculation anyway and not our business.

But maybe they are dealing with privacy/security issues. //QUOTE]

Gee, after having people walk by the house and gawk, hang out...yes, spy and be nosy,....record music coming from the house, snap pictures of you with private guests in your home.... nah... I don't think he is tired of privacy invasion issues ....no not at all! :D :wink: What privacy???? I would get the heck out of there too!

"Appearing on RTÉ radio and television from their earliest days U2 made their first television appearance on RTÉ in 1978. The following year radio listeners were invited to choose the 'A' side to their first single.

In August 1979, listeners to the "Dave Fanning Show" were invited to choose the "A" side to U2's first single. For a week, Dave Fanning played three tracks: 'Out of Control', 'Stories for Boys' and 'Boy/Girl'. Listeners voted for 'Out of Control'.

Here from the RTÉ Archives are some moments from the band's career as covered by radio and television. Included are U2's first television appearance and interviews with the band members at various stages during their career. There is a surprise appearance at a Dublin record store from 1988. Bono meeting with fans outside his hotel in Boston in 1987. Listen also to an interview with Bono from the 'Dave Fanning Show' broadcast that launched 'U2 Three' the first single."

Videos and audios you can see here > U2 - RT? Archives

Back
Top Bottom