PLEBA Misc News and Articles #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but what was that warning at the beginning for? Is it some kind of religious thing?

It's in respect of Aboriginal culture. They believe it's disrespectful and insensitive to show images of deceased Aboriginal family members. It gives them the opportunity to change the channel/look away etc. I'm no expert in the area, but that's the basics from my understanding. :)

It's in respect of Aboriginal culture. They believe it's disrespectful and insensitive to show images of deceased Aboriginal family members. It gives them the opportunity to change the channel/look away etc. I'm no expert in the area, but that's the basics from my understanding. :)

Oh, OK; I figured it was something along that line. Thanks for the explanation!

Yep, Acrobat is correct. It's not just images, Aboriginals are not allowed to say the name of the deceased either. (well, thats my understanding).

That's cool that the Oprah show displayed that warning message in the USA too. We expect it here in Australia, but its really fab that she played it in the USA too. Thats really touching actually. I've not been much of an Oprah fan. I don't hate or anything, its just her life and mine haven't touched in anyway. Until now. Thanks for sharing. That's so so cool. And to read about it on Australia Day/Invasion Day tis even better. Thanks Rachel.

Yep, Acrobat is correct. It's not just images, Aboriginals are not allowed to say the name of the deceased either. (well, thats my understanding).

That's cool that the Oprah show displayed that warning message in the USA too. We expect it here in Australia, but its really fab that she played it in the USA too. Thats really touching actually. I've not been much of an Oprah fan. I don't hate or anything, its just her life and mine haven't touched in anyway. Until now. Thanks for sharing. That's so so cool. And to read about it on Australia Day/Invasion Day tis even better. Thanks Rachel.

I just saw it on the YouTube video (that was apparently recorded in Australia); they didn't show the warning here in the US when they showed this episode on TV.

Thats interesting. In that case can you not talk about the deceased? If not it makes it a bit difficult if you can't say the name and such. :/

I guess Bono is last because he can be a windbag. I wish this happened a little earlier so I could watch in peace. My desk has become a super highway for foot traffic. :angry:

I think I see a blue shirt. Yes, please start incorporating some color into your wardrobe again.

Right on cue as soon as Bono starts to speak, I have a visitor at my desk. :doh:

Now I have to wait for the session to be available later.

Sheryl Sandberg's interview with Bono Bono : Musician & Co-Founder ONE & (RED) - Davos 2011 on World Economic Forum 02 - live streaming video powered by Livestream

5ed3b6cefe9b38f5ababf47ce54d1c2c8f10e067_wmeg.jpg

008xeh.jpg

Saw Bono's interview from Davos yesterday on Face book, loved it when he said about wrestling the big cats to the ground! :lol: You go Bono!! :up: And you can come round and wrestle me to the ground any day!!! :sexywink:

Does anyone know more about that Bill-Gates-gave-us-a-milliion-dollars story? (at around 14:00)

Not much really, when Bono and Shriver started their ONE campaign, Gates told Bono that if they wanted to lobby in Washington he would need money so he could hire the best people and gave them some, I suppose this is the same story, as you may know Bill and Melinda are very much involved with the ONE Campaing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom