Pleba Girls Party: Wild Weekend Fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea said:

According to u2tours.com it's Bono singing it :) Btw, does anyone know what the translation of the Italian part of Miss Sarajevo is? Is it just the lyrics translated, or an additional part?

Its something about the river.....you can get it in the lyrics page

~BrightestStar~ said:

Purging isn't always relaxing.

Once I was really upset, and having quite a few down days. So I wrote down all this stuff that was upsetting me on a scrap of paper (fairly small) and stuff, but it was rainy out, so I went downstairs to burn it...
Watching it burn, it musta been crazy paper, cause it got a decent flame...and I felt much better.

Until the fire alarm went off. :yikes: Omfg........Mom had gone out..and I'm trying to shut the F**in thing up, expeceting her to show up any minute..

:lmao:
It wasn't funny then/.......it is now :lol:

I'm so wierd :reject:

Fine, laugh at my pain! :madspit:

:wink:

:hug: It is funny now, but I've been in situations like that and it sure isn't funny at the time. I almost lite my bathroom on fire at my parents place one night . My dad was less then pleased. :giggle:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Purging isn't always relaxing.

Once I was really upset, and having quite a few down days. So I wrote down all this stuff that was upsetting me on a scrap of paper (fairly small) and stuff, but it was rainy out, so I went downstairs to burn it...
Watching it burn, it musta been crazy paper, cause it got a decent flame...and I felt much better.

Until the fire alarm went off. :yikes: Omfg........Mom had gone out..and I'm trying to shut the F**in thing up, expeceting her to show up any minute..

It wasn't funny then/.......it is now :lol:

I'm so wierd :reject:

A little tip, my dear Bri: Remove the batteries from your smoke alarm before you deliberately burn paper. :combust:

Otherwise, you had a great idea for, as you say, purging your feelings. :hug:

Ruff, Sarah's friend was asking her questions about it today, and she didn't want to tell him, he had to drag it out of her! She's anti-spoiler. :lol:

Not sure if you saw, but Charlie and the Choc. Factory was phenomenal!! I had really high expectations, and the movie went waaaaay beyond those!

Edited - nevermind about the Charlie stuff. I already told you that in the e-mail this morning. I'm losing it, I swear. :lol:

Last edited:
ok Drea: this is from a website, I'm sure if someone speaks Italian they can do it better

You say that the river finds the road to the sea
That like the river will arrive me
Beyond the boundaries and the thirsty lands
THE LOVE will arrive, the love
AND I do not know more to pray
AND in the love I do not know more to hope
AND that love I do not know more to wait for.

the lyrics are
Dici che il fiume trova la via al mare
Che come il fiume giungerai a me
Oltre i confini e le terre assetate
L'amore giungerà, l'amore
E non so più pregare
E nell'amore non so più sperare
E quell'amore non so più aspettare.

VintagePunk said:
Ruff, Sarah's friend was asking her questions about it today, and she didn't want to tell him, he had to drag it out of her! She's anti-spoiler. :lol:

Not sure if you saw, but Charlie and the Choc. Factory was phenomenal!! I had really high expectations, and the movie went waaaaay beyond those!

I saw Charlie.. today! I LOVED IT!! Johnny Depp :heart:

jobob said:

A little tip, my dear Bri: Remove the batteries from your smoke alarm before you deliberately burn paper. :combust:

Otherwise, you had a great idea for, as you say, purging your feelings. :hug:

:hug:
Good idea!
Or, burn it in the kitchen....where, the fire alarm isn't located *directly* above you!

I'm not kidding, if I had taken the time to look up........

And I always thought I was bright. :lol:

Omg...you should have seen me hopping up and down shouting at thing thing to shut the F** up :lmao:

OMg Russty......howd you manage that? :lol:

Night GG :hug:
Sweet (or naughty) dreams.

Diane L said:
Hi, everyone! :wave: Hope everyone is having a nice night. It's as humid as heck on Long Island, & I'm having trouble sleeping, so I thought I'd stop by here and say hello.

:yes: it is SO humid here today..I'm up for the same reason you are! (well, I'm having trouble sleeping because the humidity makes me have a stuffy nose:madspit: )

sami0201 said:
ok Drea: this is from a website, I'm sure if someone speaks Italian they can do it better

You say that the river finds the road to the sea
That like the river will arrive me
Beyond the boundaries and the thirsty lands
THE LOVE will arrive, the love
AND I do not know more to pray
AND in the love I do not know more to hope
AND that love I do not know more to wait for.

the lyrics are
Dici che il fiume trova la via al mare
Che come il fiume giungerai a me
Oltre i confini e le terre assetate
L'amore giungerà, l'amore
E non so più pregare
E nell'amore non so più sperare
E quell'amore non so più aspettare.

Thanks Sami :)

ruffian said:
night GG :wave: i'm going soon. i'm going to turn the A/C down to 40 when i get in bed. does it go down that low? hehehe.

i'm also glad U2 are playing somewhere, even if i'm not there. i'm not crabby from concert withdrawal, but more from the adjustment of coming home--it's nice to nest again but a shock to the system after the frantic pace of the last 2 weeks.

:hug: I know how it is. I always have like family shock when I get back. it takes me a bit to reajust to life with the kids and hubby when I get home. Not that I don't miss them, but there is just something so incredibly freeing about being on my own.

I'm so looking forward to my up coming trip. Its going to be a piece of heaven. :hyper: Sleeping all night without someone waking me up for something! :lol:

hey russty!!!

i got a better look at you tatoo photo and finally saw the 'woodgrain'. Danm fine work!
and what i had also thot was so cool, was the shine -arc of light- at the curving places from the varnish on the body of the gutair.

And I bought Gutair World last night... Never have beenat the right place/right time to catch any other Gutair Mags feautring Edge....so I really wanted to honor him and read what he has to say, by buying the mag. Just got it last night after leaving the netcafe so...i haven't read it yet since i had artclass for most of the day and headed over here after sitting in a aprk after claess.

Oh...the cranky security guard is calling...only have 8 mins left...so official :hug: s & TTFN!

Diane L said:
Hi, everyone! :wave: Hope everyone is having a nice night. It's as humid as heck on Long Island, & I'm having trouble sleeping, so I thought I'd stop by here and say hello.

Hi, Diane! :hug: Like your avatar; is it from NME?

It's so humid in Detroit, it would have to be raining for the air to be any more damp than it is now. When I got out of my air-conditioned car about an hour ago, my glasses immediately fogged over.

... and even though I'm tired, I don't quite think I can sleep either.

did someone say jaw massage? :giggle:
BonoPopBW15.jpg

VintagePunk said:

Edited - nevermind about the Charlie stuff. I already told you that in the e-mail this morning. I'm losing it, I swear. :lol:

i'm def. going to try to see it, maybe tomorrow, though i have a brunch date and i'm riding after that...but i can't wait! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom